Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

A mould/custom shell I will consider, it doesn't just look cool, it allows a good, tight seal of the chassis - something the previous car lacked. And I admit it, I'd love to make the car look good! I pulled out one of the many designs I made for an FF Buggy bodyshell from the archives and decided to try and make the design work for this chassis. The result:

I'm very happy with how it turned out I experimented a bit with the servo/steering layout on the car. It's now possible to swap the servo from left to right to move the steering linkage between two settings: the center of the chassis or near the edge of the chassis. I don't plan to run more than a receiver or PT on the top plate, so I'll run the linkage in the center of the chassis.

Why is this relevant? Well, running the steering linkage down the center allows a much lower profile bodyshell. The sidepods are up to 10mm lower, and the cab is, too. It did need a higher piece up front because of the steering rack, and a protruding piece on the right side for the servo horn.