Yes - 4wd designed cars should be allowed to run as 2wd cars 105 39.47%
No - 4wd designed cars should not be allowed run as 2wd cars 107 40.23%
Not bothered 54 20.30%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2013

This is not an rb6 forum

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits

Last edited by Al3xis007; 02-08-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Not worth getting annoyed about
Old 02-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Read it all.

For me - 2wd is not a 4wd car with bits removed. This is not 'innovation' it's a lazy response to overly grippy tracks. I want to race with a car designed to do its job - not be a part time engineer modding stuff at the track to this extent.

In my eyes all cars raced should be commercially available - and if sold as a 4wd kit they should only be allowed in that class. With the performance gap in the classes so close - surely it's important to maintain some differentiation between 2 and 4wd.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 02-08-2013

Very interesting discussion.! Call me old fashioned but to me a 2wd car is a 2wd car and a 4wd car is a 4wd car no matter how it is altered. The reason the two classes were formed, because they are different.!
On the other subject, I can't believe that drivers can turn up at a National and just use whichever chassis seems best.! Does that mean that a driver could turn up with an Associated, a Centro, a Kyosho,, a Durango, whatever and drive a different car each round.!!! Sounds ridiculous, may the guy with the most cars win.! I'm fairly sure that Lee Martin, Neil Cragg etc don't do that.
Old 03-08-2013
Mad Member

You're old-fashioned!!

In the beginning there were only 2WD cars. Then, along came a 4WD car. At first, they were mostly equal round a given track. As 4WD developed, and the Stock motor rule was abused, it became easier to distinguish the classes by the number of driven wheels.

It has always been possible to arrive at a track with any number of cars and pick the best one for the job. I used to run an RC10 with the MIP 4WD conversion. For 2WD I removed to the front suspension and gearbox and replaced it with the RC10 suspension. For 4WD, I put it back. When the classes ran together I chose which one was best for the track.

No, Cragg, Martin, et al do not turn up with a large range of cars because the they are sponsored by one manufacturer who would not allow them to use someone else's product in the same class.

As a matter of interest, what is the difference between a mid-motored 2WD car and a mid-motored 4WD car under people's definition of "a 2WD car is a 2WD car... etc.?" I am struggling to see how I would know one from the other!
Old 03-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Teams, Team drivers and manufacturers should be championing their commercially available chassis's for each class - not running home brew cut and shut concoctions.

Makes a mockery of the entire 'Team' and 'Team Driver' process.

Lets not forget that the a key role of the top drivers & manufacturers is to show the rest of us what we could be like if we had A: the talent and B: the same car.
It's about generating sales for the manufacturers at the end of the day.

I know i'll never have the talent, but it's nice to at least be able to buy the same car. Now that is in question, as it appears from this thread that Teams are running 'pick and mix' chassis's at different tracks!

Needs sorting out this does IMO.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 03-08-2013

I suppose people would be a little bit annoyed if they had spent a fortune on the the latest 2wd buggy with upgrades and spares from whichever manufacturer they chose to find out the team drivers were using their 4wd cars in 2wd format instead.
Old 03-08-2013
Banned

A two wheel drive is not a two wheel drive....when there are more than two wheels driving the car?
Old 03-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Neil Cragg sums it up perfectly

http://youtu.be/Kgqpwu97laA

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 03-08-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
I suppose people would be a little bit annoyed if they had spent a fortune on the the latest 2wd buggy with upgrades and spares from whichever manufacturer they chose to find out the team drivers were using their 4wd cars in 2wd format instead.
Rings a bell or two....
Old 03-08-2013

At all regional and national events, all cars should be scrutineered..... The scrutineer would have the knowledge to differentiate between manufacture 2wd cars and converted 4wd..!
The mip conversion for the RC10 was always controversial and I doubt if there were more than half a dozen in the country.
Old 03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
Neil Cragg sums it up perfectly

http://youtu.be/Kgqpwu97laA

Neil told it like a boss

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 03-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just wondering how many of these 2wd/4wd buggies will be run at the Worlds or Euros when they come round again, or will it be the traditional 2wd buggy class and 4wd buggy class that manufactures have been working on for months,years or will drivers say to the manufactures no im running my 4wd/2wd buggy thing ITS FASTER ??
Old 03-08-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

so the answer to when is 2wd not a 2wd is = when its gay lol classic well said neil
Old 04-08-2013

I feel sorry for the manufacturers in all this. After seeing all this unfold, there is no way on gods green one I would buy and race a 2wd car made by any of those manufacturers whose drivers used their 4wd car in the 2wd class. Clearly their 2wd car is very poor if even the team drivers wont race them.

The team managers from Schumacher et al need a reality check for allowing this to happen, the negative publicity just keeps on rolling forwards on this one in my eyes.

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 06-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No changing chassis within a race, mark it before or after the first qualifying then you have to keep with what you tried out in the practices when you decided what was best. Isn't that whats practice laps are for?

What if a 4wd can breaks a front drive shaft? Does it have to pull off and if it wasn't checked prior to going on track then should it then be deemed a 2wd.

Here at the bigger races chassis get marked, and lipos get Vs measured and the car gets a check over BEFORE the qual and finals.

Not hard to do or imply. Your there waiting for your race trackside anyway.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 06-09-2013
Mad Member

I agree with Neil

maybe anyone running 4wd/2wd should be made to run a pink bodyshell and wear a Tutu??

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 06-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

IMO, Those who feel the need to gain extra pace through 4wd/2wd and compete is fine, but i think the only way to sort this matter is 1 of 2 choices.

1. Ban them against 2wd buggies mid or rear (simple).
2. Make them there own class (4wd/2wd class).

Then all these guys/girls or gays can run them and those who are unhappy are now happy and those who are happy are still happy

Old 06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xis007 View Post
Neil told it like a boss
Just seen this and is the end of the matter
Old 06-09-2013
Mad Member

Default jeez

2wd is 2 wheels driven.

4wd is all 4 wheels driven.

anything else about this is just boooolax.

boring now. either leave it

or ban all of them including Any conversion kits.

and move on people. its a hobby, with top drivers who will win with ANYTHING they drive. the mid field of the main racers that will keep changing to suit the weather and the lower drivers that are just happy to race.

so

get a life and enjoy racing.
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 06-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Just wondering how many of these 2wd/4wd buggies will be run at the Worlds or Euros when they come round again
None, for the simple reason that these big events will be run an low grip surfaces. Even if they end up sugaring the Worlds track the grip will still be lower than astro and converted 4WDs just won't be competitive.