Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 22-06-2012

Default X6 Turnbuckles & Rod Ends

Hi guys ... Any body know what turnbuckles and rod ends fit the x6 !! Mine need replacing and I'm not sure what ones I need ?? Apparently there's different lengths ..
Totally new and once again totally confused

Cheers Craig
Old 22-06-2012

Most stuff that fits a Team Associated B4.
If you have E Speed rear camber link mounts you might need shorter ones.
Old 22-06-2012

Well apparently I've some how got schumacher turnbuckles .... I did buy some b4 rod ends tonight however they were longer than the ones on there .... Only after attempting to change them buy forcing the rod ends further down the turnbuckle and ruining them some one mentioned they were wrong !

So now I'm stuck really .... Take it I'm to change all the turnbuckles and rod ends to match ???
Also when they are all In place I can hardly turn the actual turnbuckle to alter it ... I've got to totally remove it to alter ..
Surely this isn't right either
Old 22-06-2012

Ball ends do wear out from grit and dust over time so it might be worth buying a full set of rods, balls and caps.
Use the old ones to figure out the lengths of the new ones and when building the new ones put a bit of lube on the Turnbuckles and screw them in and out of the ball stud caps 3 or four times further than they need to go. It makes your arms ache after a while but it really helps when it comes to fine tuning later.
New balls and caps really helps take the slop out of the front end as well.
Old 23-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshcarter2012 View Post
Well apparently I've some how got schumacher turnbuckles .... I did buy some b4 rod ends tonight however they were longer than the ones on there .... Only after attempting to change them buy forcing the rod ends further down the turnbuckle and ruining them some one mentioned they were wrong !

So now I'm stuck really .... Take it I'm to change all the turnbuckles and rod ends to match ???
Also when they are all In place I can hardly turn the actual turnbuckle to alter it ... I've got to totally remove it to alter ..
Surely this isn't right either
Ring DMS and order Lunsford turnbuckles and ball studs and Losi ball cups. You won't go far wrong then. Darren will know what lengths you need.
Old 24-06-2012
Mad Member

Our K 021 Entire Car Kit comes with 2" Lunsford turnbuckles for all four camber links and 2 1/8" for the tie rods. These are the same lengths as the B4 & 4.1. Part # 6111 & 6112.

The K 021 also comes with J Concepts ball cups, #6120.

Ellis uses 1 3/8" turnbuckles for the rear camber link when using his extenders.

The Losi ball cups are also a good option, and should fit all the above turnbuckles.

I believe X Factory UK has all these parts, so do ring them up.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 25-06-2012

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
The Losi ball cups are also a good option, and should fit all the above turnbuckles.
I hate to add confusion but the above sentence is wrong: Losi ballcups are significantly longer than AE/JConcepts/RPM, and to use them you need shorter turnbuckles.

To try and be clear: the same ballstuds will work for all of the below.

You can use 4x 2" turnbuckles (camberlinks), and 2x 2.125" (tie-rods), and any of the Associated, JConcepts, or RPM ballcups (probably others as well, but those are the main 3 people use). This is the set-up that comes in the K021 entire car.

OR

You can use 4x 1.75" turnbuckles (camberlinks) and 2x 1.875" (tie-rods), and Losi ballcups.

Finally, if you're running the E-Speed camberlink hangers you'll want shorter rear turnbuckles, but I'm not sure on the distance as I've not run the E-Speed pieces in quite a long time here in the states.