Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 23-08-2013

Default Future support for the squared

Hi guys

I was thinking of returning to my old x6 squared after trying out other cars over the last year or so (the x6 was simply the easiest to drive).

With the arrival of the cubed, will support still be available in relation to parts availability and setup advice for the foreseeable future?

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 23-08-2013
Mad Member

Once you've gone back to your squared and run it a few times, you should seriously think about upgrading to the cubed...its faster and more agile but retains the traction of the squared. It also looks better!

I'm hoping to be running the MAM series this winter so if you've not already taken the plunge by then, come over for a chat and I'll introduce you to the cubed
Old 23-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Hi Aaron, indeed full support will continue for the Squared for many years to come yet, but as Toby has rightly said already if you like your Squared as much as you do, then you will love the Cubed even more.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 24-08-2013
Mad Member

I will echo what Toby and Darren have said: We will support the Squared for the foreseeable future. Many things on the Squared are retained on the Cubed, like control arms, wing mounts, tranny, toe-in bars, hinge pins, etc, so they will be in active production for a long time. Other things, like the shock tower and battery strap can be easily made of CF, so they will be around forever too. The Cubed bulkhead is a #1310 Squared bulkhead that we machine for "tower forward," so even that part will continue in production. Only problem might be that we would have to make another run of chassies, but that is possible -- Unlike the X - 5, the Squared mold is in great shape -- and we have a small supply of graphite ones and a decent stock of plastic now.

And, continuing the echo, after you drive Toby's Cubed, you'll want to UpGrade.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 24-08-2013

I shall get my first chance to see the new Cubed on track and in the flesh tomorrow. Chris Cherry will be running it for the first time in the North West regional. I know their will be lots of eyes on his car as it takes to the track. I still run my much loved X6 SQ and is nice to see this will still be supported. Already looks like a race winner. Keep up the good work lads.