Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 04-05-2017

Default Cougar KD front hubs

Recently got one of these and I'm currently building it. Having built the front end, I think that the kit had 2 front hubs both of which are the right hand side.

There's definitely something not right as I have far more steering one way than the other as the left side hub stops on the wishbone and the right side moves over it.

Can someone confirm that the are different parts on each side, or tell me where I'm going wrong?

Here's some pics of what I've got and as you can see one side is flat and the other curved, but both pieces are the same?

TIA
Old 05-05-2017

they are two different sides. the top picture it is wrong. the flat should be on the top and the sloped bit on the bottom.
just ring schumacher and they will post you out the correct bits
Old 08-05-2017

Thanks for confirming, I thought I was going mad

Did you have a bag of replacement ball studs in the kit? I assume it replaces all of the ones in the kit, but I didn't find this bag until half way through, so haven't used most of them. Are the kit ones faulty in some way?

TIA
Old 08-05-2017

yeah the original kit ones were drilled too deep and the ball can snap off so they supplied replacement ones. in theory you should replace all the ones in the kit, however i had one snap when i was screwing it in so replaced that with my own and havent bothered to replace any more and not had any brake.

think it was a case that some were no good but no easy way to tell which ones so safer to replace the lot
Old 08-05-2017

There was an issue with some of the kit ball studs where the hex hole was too deep and they would shear when tightened. They're a bit hard to identify until they break and then they're difficult to get out. So I would use the ones in the bag.