Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > S-Workz

Old 23-01-2016

Default S104 Evo no grip

Hi folks

Having built my 104 Evo I thought I'd get some track time on carpet with it tonight, however when I hit three quarters to full throttle then car would have the back end kick round. Now when I finally got it moving came to a bend and the back end kicked out again so I gave up in the end, I've built as per standard and only changed camber and my ride height is 17-19.

Thanks
Stu
Old 23-01-2016

sound like something is binding. move the motor away from the spur and check all is running free
Old 23-01-2016

as Steve said make sure the car isn't binding in any way. I found the centre transmission binded a little at first if not built correctly. My advice is to make sure the diff is free and spinning on the centre diff as it can bind. Loosen the transmission mount screws and get it seated properly then tighten the screws back up making sure it's running free. I also found the bearings were heavily greased from the kit so worth degreasing them and oiling them also.

Hope it helps,

Chris
Old 25-01-2016

We drive on high grip carpet - this is my lad on his 1st outing with the car, kit set up

https://youtu.be/onMlwDCjYT0

we have got the car set up really well on carpet now

the rear end was a little loose out of corners initially. We since dropped the rear diff oil to 5k which has settled it down. As Chris mentioned, check the diffs.

also run associated purple fronts and associated yellow rear ro losi orange/silver read

500 front 400 rear stock pistons
Old 25-01-2016

What tyres are you using?

with having the center diff i had a similar problem with the car as i punched the throttle the car would swap ends, i solved this by increasing the oil in the center diff,from kit to 200,000, this helped emensley.

what happens with a center diff as you accelerate the diff will transfer power to the front or rear depending on which has the least grip,
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 25-01-2016

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm running staggers fronts and venoms rear. Checked for binding and seems to be running freely. Think I'm going to try the diff oil route, i couldn't get my head around why it was doing it as never have a problem with my be1.

Let you know how I get on 👍
Old 26-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby666 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm running staggers fronts and venoms rear. Checked for binding and seems to be running freely. Think I'm going to try the diff oil route, i couldn't get my head around why it was doing it as never have a problem with my be1.

Let you know how I get on 👍

are you using additive or brake cleaner on the venoms....If not that's your answer
Old 26-01-2016

The tyre choice is another issue the staggers on front will generate more grip than the venoms what's happening is the front end is gripping under power and rear isn't so the centre diff is transferring power to the rear. Try running mini pins on rear that will match better on carpet or foams all round. I've found tyres are important on the 104 also running the rear stiffer than normal helps. Due to the geometry of the car.
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk