Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Telford Hot Trax

Old 06-08-2012

Default considering setting up a race day...

hi all i was thinking of trying to set up a race day weekend i have a venue on standby i will keep it to myself till i know it could go ahead..in order for us to set it up id need alot of racers and charge a fee ... it would be top 3 take all after everything is payed off..it wouldnt be a team effort just every man for himself..it would pit 1/10 1/12 1/16 all together buggys tourers gt's etc etc all need to have road tyers tho ..with several races and the top 3 of each race progressing to the final and the 1 fastest lap setter progresses also if the top 3 r the lap setters then it will be fastest looser you get the jist lol anyway would anyone be intrested in this.?????
Old 06-08-2012

Hi....(?)
Sounds like a lot of work to me and my main worry for you would be that you mentioned that you'd need a lot of racers.
From my experience you'd get very few drivers from our wednesday night also running a "fun" meeting on a weekend - they usually race regionals or nationals or not at all.

That said, there's no harm in asking around on a club night to get a feeling from everyone.
Old 07-08-2012

sounds good were is it gunna be and what nyt
Old 07-08-2012

well like i said setting it up is not a problem as everything would be run from a laptop im pretty nifty with a comp lol...as for the venue and day venue is staying secret and time and day would be when i know i could get enuff people i know im being optamistic but i would need alot of people iv posted on a few others sites and web pages.....it sounds very complicated the way iv explaned it but its really not that hard to set up the hardest part would be the actual running lol...i will keep everyone informed on this possible event but like i said im being optamistic in the numbers id need for it to work....
Old 07-08-2012
Mad Member

You won't get many ppl with the lack of information so far!!

If it's planned correctly and doesn't clash with any Midlands meetings then there is a chance you'll get numbers. Where about is the location? i.e is it in Telford? When about are you looking? A bit more information will spark interest
Old 10-08-2012
oOple Journalist

Default more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
You won't get many ppl with the lack of information so far!!

If it's planned correctly and doesn't clash with any Midlands meetings then there is a chance you'll get numbers. Where about is the location? i.e is it in Telford? When about are you looking? A bit more information will spark interest
+1 on Jonesy's comments...racers will travel BUT you will need to get all of your planning done prior to releasing the prospective dates and classes that can run etc. If this will be your first race meeting from an organisational point of view...please please dont underestimate the quantity of work that goes into running a quality meeting, especially a meeting with multiple classes/track requirements etc etc etc.

Having said that, if you can create some buzz on here by showing a cool and easy to access venue and have enough finer details to get the local scene interested, then good luck to you.

As Jonesy and the other guys who are involved in regular large scale meetings will testify...start small and build up a following rather than attempting to run a large scale meeting with multiple classes for your first attempt. Best of luck with it and keep us all informed

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776