Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 01-03-2008
Mad Member

Default Kyosho prototype Stadium truck, the RT-5

News via RC-Car:

Kyosho seems to be testing a new Stadium Truck, the RT-5, based on the RB-5 buggy.

More info on RC-Car website
Old 02-03-2008

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

How nice does that look! Funny thing is, I am getting myself a T4 on monday! Might have a re-think if a release date is announced.
Old 04-03-2008

More info and pics -

“Kyosho has been testing prototypes of their new RB5T electric racing truck and the production truck will make its debut at the Cactus Classic next month. Here are detailed studio photos of the prototype, but technical info is scarce at this time. Here’s what we do no about the truck. The chassis is an extended version of the RB5 buggy, which will push the truck out to the maximum allowable ROAR legal wheelbase. As you can see the chassis is heavily braced to increase rigidity and the sides are leaned upward to increase ground clearance while cornering. Like the RB5, the front suspension assembly and business end of the truck are separate structures to make facilitate maintenance. Check out the front body post mount. It’s graphite, but the production units will have molded pieces.

The prototype has a graphite rear shock tower but the production truck will feature molded shock towers. Check out the vertically mounted ball studs for easier roll center adjustment.

The rear suspension arms are obviously prototypes, but the RB5T’s 3-gear transmission with an adjustable ball diff and dual disk slipper clutch will probably be identical to the buggy’s gearbox. No word on the internal gear ratios, which may ultimately be the same as the buggy. Longer aluminum-body threaded shocks will be standard.

The body posts are designed to secure the body closer to the nose section for greater support. Like the buggy, the steering bellcrank will be on the same plane as the steering knuckles to eliminate bump-steer.

The front and rear suspension arms will be longer to increase the truck’s width. The truck will probably feature the same C-hubs, steering knuckles and rear hub carriers for parts compatibility between vehicles.”

Source - RCCA and www.rc-area.co.uk
Old 29-03-2008

Anyone know of a release date? I just stared racing trucks with my youngest son and the older one wants a truck. Thought I might give the oldest my MF2 and get the CR, but seeing this, I might have to wait.
Old 08-07-2008

Just thought I would bring this one back from the depths! Has there been any more news about this truck? Any more sightings?
Southport has a pretty healthy truck class and I really fancy getting hold of one of these ASAP!
Old 10-11-2008

As above really. With Christmas coming I was hoping the release date might have been announced. I have searched the web for news but there has been no mention for a considerable time now. If anyone has any info regarding this truck I would be most interested in hearing it!!
Old 12-11-2008

Release Date should be in january. found that info on rctech.net
Old 15-12-2008

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 15-12-2008

Kyosho says april sometime. Can't wait. Hope it drives like my rb5
Old 02-03-2009

I noticed that Mr Tebo got second with the RB5T at the CRCRC race at the end of January. At least the development has continued, hopefully not too long now.
Old 11-04-2009

Here are some pics of Jared Tebos RT5 from the Cactus Classic this past March. Photos courtesy of RC Car Action magazine. The truck the team ran were pretty much production trucks. Apparently they have quick change front and rear wheels for the new truck. I guess there were some things that werent "quite right" that a couple of guys did not like, so a few changes are being made to the truck (again) before its finally released. Hopefully we'll see the new truck in the next month or two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fbf375b136461161.jpg (18.4 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 9f942e9ed27926a6.jpg (25.8 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg 489e08d36a06733e.jpg (27.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg 81cabf5e6dd3ab5e.jpg (24.9 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg de62572960716cb2.jpg (16.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg ee186fe839662ed3.jpg (19.2 KB, 161 views)
Old 12-04-2009

It's looking pretty sweet, thanks for the new pics hopsing
Old 18-05-2009
Mad Member

According to Ryan Dunford on rctech due for June/July with QC wheels :-)
Old 18-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
According to Ryan Dunford on rctech due for June/July with QC wheels :-)

And that date isnt too firm at the moment either I was hoping to get mine for the ROAR Nationals here in the US at the end of June, but thats a definate no go
Old 20-05-2009
Mad Member

Let's hope for the best!
I'm waiting for a kit that is supposed to be available for over a month now, I wonder what is worse...

I bet the RT5, the Durango DEX410 and the Cyclone D2 are sitting on some island and making fun of as all; oh, and of course my very special SC10 kit is with them ;-)
Old 08-06-2009

I wonder whether Kyosho considers having the RB5T mid motor.

The X-factory X60 seems to prove it works really fantastic on trucks. It seems like an obvious way to go in 2009

It would also make the RB5T stand out(as being the ONLY full kit with mid-motor), instead of just being a T4 copy/brother(no point this late after T4)

I bet Kyosho mid-motor truck would sell better. Would make quite a buzz in the industry also
Old 09-06-2009

Making the RB5T mid motor wont happen.....for one the truck is way too far along past the prototype stage to be done as a mid motor truck now. Two, it wont be cost effective because then it wouldnt be able to share any parts or molds with the RB5 buggy.
Old 20-06-2009
Mad Member

Can we still hope for the late July release? It must be the RC gods' work that my employer decided to send me to the US for six weeks in July/August... About when can we expect to see some pics of the production model and body?
After building the AE shocks on my SC10, I'm in for building a proper piece of kit again...
It's not that I don't like the SC10, I had just hoped for better performance out of the box. Well, it is a car with which to learn how to drive a 2wd ride
Edit: Just had a look again at the pics above, sorry for asking for them again. ;-)
Will the carbon fibre parts be included in the final version. I pretty much doubt it but they do look nice indeed!
Old 22-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Making the RB5T mid motor wont happen.....for one the truck is way too far along past the prototype stage to be done as a mid motor truck now. Two, it wont be cost effective because then it wouldnt be able to share any parts or molds with the RB5 buggy.
Watch this space... an RB5 4 geared Mid Engined buggy is in the design stage as we speak... and have to say looking rather nice in CAD!

Im sure someone will be along soon to tell all (not a kyosho factory car..)

Old 22-06-2009
Mad Member

Maximum BEST, BOSS