Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 02-05-2015

Yes the track was wider and more forgiving but there was some high kerbs (concrete) so they could hurt more than the indoor track,(we was lucky i think lol)some of the offs were quite funny though as they was on a hill and disappeared down the embankment, we all really enjoyed it, although it did get a bit cold later on, cant wait to go again, practice for this one Sunday so we are going to take some time to play with the cars straight line issue,first chance we have had for an open session so really can not wait, it is just what we have been waiting for, i would be nice to find a club locally that did some indoor open sessions but this will most certainly help for now,
Old 04-05-2015

Glad you enjoyed your first experience of outdoors! We're really lucky to have a lot of great permanent tracks in the uk.

If you're from the midlands area then you've also got Stafford and Bedworth to choose from, both great tracks with forgiving curbs and run-offs. Stafford run on a Thursday evening, Bedworth on a Wednesday. Both also run on various Sundays where things are a bit less rushed.

32ry is the standard outdoor tyre, but 28jb does work okay if it's a cold evening or in the winter.
Old 19-05-2015

getting to grips with the cars now and starting to iron out the problems so racing is starting to become fun now, thanks to all who have kept me going
Old 30-05-2015

Thanks for asking the question nivlacf1 enjoying reading the replys to you, also a big help to me
Old 26-11-2015

sorry ive not posted for a while guys, heres an update we didn't give up we chipped at the block and now we are having fun the kids are starting to understand sometimes you will have to miss a race to get into the next one and ive learnt loads about the cars, they are way different from when i raced back in the late 80's really enjoying it now and the kids are starting to get some good results we had a little help in learning from the dad of would you believe James Hart that was so helpful and really pulled us through right at the point we was about to give up i really could not thank him enough he did so much to get us understanding the cars and racing in general (thanks Alister Hart if you ever read this) we are still learning but its getting easier we don't feel like giving up anymore just feel like moving forward and learning more, so much of what you guys put has helped, just little things that you say and then when something happens you think oh i remember someone saying that on opple lets try it so thank you to all that have helped,
Old 26-11-2015

Nice to get some feedback, thanks for taking the time to post and glad it is working out for you and your boys.
Old 27-11-2015

Don't give up buddy! im in a similar position, been racing since about March, (2WD and 4WD buggy) - I am still slow, but in all fairness I don't really consider it a race against other people, the only person I ever race is myself in my previous race, if I improve through the night then I am happy
Old 26-01-2016

Another update thought i might as well as everyone on here helped keep us in the sport,

How things change after Christmas both the daughter and son had some surplus money. they BOTH decided they would like to give GT12 a shot so each bought themselves a car and have been really enjoying it, They have kept the TC's so they can race outdoor in the summer (something i know was advised to us long ago) ive got my self racing again now and building and striping cars, we are all really enjoying it and as there is 3 of us from the same family racing we have some great banter about it at home and at the track, (i think sometimes though people think we are falling out LOL).One thing i have noticed that is not available that i think should be is BRCA Family membership and the same with clubs, Again thanks everyone for all your help, Past,Present and Future
Old 26-01-2016

Good to hear that you're still in me and my eldest have been racing for about five years and recently two of my younger children have just started and they love it. It's a really good hobby for children to take up as it gets them away from games consoles and out in the world learning skills and making new friends. If you're taking up GT12 racing Ribble Valley race indoors on a Friday night in Leyland.