Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 12-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default Comments and Recommendations about the club

I thought I'd start a thread around comments and ideas for the club.
Old 13-11-2009

Default Club Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
I thought I'd start a thread around comments and ideas for the club.
I think to maintain a good level of new comers and consistency with numbers. A winter and summer championship should be run, 12 meetings 8 count or something like this? Trophies for top 3 and some special ones for most improved and new comer?

Let me know what you think?
Old 13-11-2009

That sounds good, you can post race results up on here to to keep tabs on your nearest rivals.

Work parties are a really good way to get a club to grow, as people have pride in their club and the track. At the last club i raced at we would do one once a month on a saturday afternoon, strimming, mowing, redressing the track and the like.

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 14-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
I think to maintain a good level of new comers and consistency with numbers. A winter and summer championship should be run, 12 meetings 8 count or something like this? Trophies for top 3 and some special ones for most improved and new comer?

Let me know what you think?
I like the idea of having a club championship. 2 & 4 would always have to be split up.

Also a young ones or a novice class is needed too.

Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

www.huntersystems.co.uk
Old 14-11-2009

Hi

these are great ideas, just need to get the numbers up in order to split novices etc out. Not sure about the junior element as I've seen some bloody good junior drivers in my time and been beaten by them..

Mike
Old 22-01-2010

Default Jumps!!!!

With a few people talking about track features, i have offered to make a moveable and adjustable jump which can be tried/tested and adjusted to suit various points on the track. It can be used to simulate a real (permenant) jump when the track is redesigned or extended.
Any suggestions on a starting size and style, let me know at the track.
Neil

Old 22-01-2010

I think it depends.. if the ramp is lets say-1 foot You wouldn't need a landing ramp.. 2 foot.. maybe but think 2foot+ you would need a landing ramp of some sort.. TBH for titchfield.. which is a fairly tight and some sections pritty fast.. I would think something relatively small is more suited. Plus the chances or breaking things are slimmer too.. think something more like a wedge would be better if it was in the faster sections.. but think best thing is everyone to chat at the track and go through some ideas.. probably the best route..
Old 22-01-2010

In my experience a landing ramp should be twice as long as the take off ramp, this makes for safe landings and no slap downs, and keeps the momentum up.

Old 22-01-2010

Yea your right it would need too!.. Personally if there lower than 1 1/2 foot I dont think you would need one.. specially onto astro.. but those kinda of things can be discussed at the track..
Old 22-01-2010

Woo hoo !!!!! JUMPS
Old 22-01-2010

lol you fitted your speed passion yet.. had one in my SC10 was nice!
Old 22-01-2010

It's in, would like Mr Brown to help me with a small problem though.
JUMPS WOW!!!!!!
Old 23-01-2010

Part's finally arrived from M-K-You spare is here tony. So redone mine.. changed the layout.. but still seems to have the glitch issue.. occasionally on high throttle.. Going to try the rx away from car and try ect.. but its hard to tell unless you run it properly.. its odd. have the rx and aerial in the top right corner far away from motor wires ect.. still have issues.. hmm starting to annoy me now..
Old 23-01-2010

Yoy have set your ESC to 2.4ghz? I'm sure we looked and you had but just check.
Old 23-01-2010

Yea its all setup fine... It very annoying.. im starting to think its the ESC itself.. Even changed accel to med and still surges ect.. Im getting very frustrated with it.. cant put a finger on what it is..
Old 24-01-2010

If your running brushless, try changing the sensor lead.

They are cheaply made and require regular replacement

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekerr14 View Post
Part's finally arrived from M-K-You spare is here tony. So redone mine.. changed the layout.. but still seems to have the glitch issue.. occasionally on high throttle.. Going to try the rx away from car and try ect.. but its hard to tell unless you run it properly.. its odd. have the rx and aerial in the top right corner far away from motor wires ect.. still have issues.. hmm starting to annoy me now..

Clubs
Old 24-01-2010

Yea-I showed it to a very leccy knowledgeable guy at clanfield today. To look at and he, says a few Spektrum people have issues with similar things.. but yea I might try a new sensor lead..
Old 24-01-2010

Personally I would sell the Losi and get something else. I view them as nothing but trouble hence why I never got one. Get a LRP Sphere TC, Speed Passion etc.

Have you got the voltage capacitor plugged into the Spektrum RX?

When are you getting your clanfield lot to come electric racing

As for club improvements:

1) Paint the rostrume or get hold of the pub again now the Christmas panic is over..

2) Extend the track or certainly the start area, maybe think about getting the timing loop in a pipe and laid. Unless taking it in and out is working fine?

3) Astro turf the middle sections so the area is 100% astro turfed - depends on contacts and money.

4) Get some firehose tubing and dockyard rope. Need to contact the relevant people (Firebrigade and ABP)

5) A small table top jump, but the track needs to be extended first.

6) Amp and speaker system so that the warble and race control sounds can be heard properly (donations for amps and speakers accepted). I am looking on eBay at the moment.

Any other thoughts?

Once some of these have been ticked off then all day meetings and summer series are certainly more feasible etc.
Old 24-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Personally I would sell the Losi and get something else. I view them as nothing but trouble hence why I never got one. Get a LRP Sphere TC, Speed Passion etc.

Have you got the voltage capacitor plugged into the Spektrum RX?

When are you getting your clanfield lot to come electric racing

As for club improvements:

1) Paint the rostrume or get hold of the pub again now the Christmas panic is over..

2) Extend the track or certainly the start area, maybe think about getting the timing loop in a pipe and laid. Unless taking it in and out is working fine?

3) Astro turf the middle sections so the area is 100% astro turfed - depends on contacts and money.

4) Get some firehose tubing and dockyard rope. Need to contact the relevant people (Firebrigade and ABP)

5) A small table top jump, but the track needs to be extended first.

6) Amp and speaker system so that the warble and race control sounds can be heard properly (donations for amps and speakers accepted). I am looking on eBay at the moment.

Any other thoughts?

Once some of these have been ticked off then all day meetings and summer series are certainly more feasible etc.
All relevant points and some need discussion in detail, but on the whole an achievable plan.

I would like to see some dry weather and the digger can be used to clear the outside edges to clear some more space for parking, look to dig down 5 inch's and lay some hard core, hopefully cheap ton bags. We all would have some nice areas to part our vehicles all year round, so if funds permit this would be the most beneficial action. Relay the starting grid to one decent sized piece of astrotuf and install permanent tubes for amb.

The other will come over the coming months and weather, with agreement of the club members to have once a month all day meets, say from 9.30 - 4, this to count towards a club championship. Not make things complicated just kiss.

Mike, I would reckon a poll for all day meets once a month, for and against. Based on the time's above with counting towards a championship.
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

Really like the idea of all day events over the summer as once you have got up and got to the track you might as well stay for the day..

BUT, think we need to make sure we are going to get the numbers as if it is 2 or 3 heats, we are going to end up with 10 qualifiers and a couple of finals which might be a bit much. Could think about mixing the format up a bit if numbers are lowish - 5 qualifiers and then 5 finals with points for each final?

Sure if we give enough notice we can encourage a few visitors from here on Oople.

Rob