Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 24-12-2011

I'm also back to r/c after a long break. Last week I had my first race since 1999, it was so much fun and I didn't finish last. I also did some recreative karting during my break and you can not believe how expensive it is.

One day I was at a track here in Belgium with my kart. I set up my gear and a couple of new guys set up next to me. It's their first day so I help them get started. They bought secondhand gear so of course a lot stuff doesn't work or they don't have. During the day they must have spent over 500 euros each in the track's shop on tires and parts.

So sometime during the day it starts raining. The track has a huge party tent which is completely empty, so we move our stuff in there. Just three guys in a tent that can hold about 30 karts easy. Suddenly the track owner comes storming into the tent, demanding us to get out of there. Because the tent is FOR CUSTOMERS!!!! How's that for customer service? Welcome to karting boys! You've just spent a significant part of your paycheck with these people but apparently that doesn't qualify you as a customer.

You should have seen their faces! We put the owner in his place and he left us alone, but the whole thing was ridiculous. Kind of like watching the karting version of Fawlty Towers. I could never imagine this happening in this hobby. Last weekend I paid a 12 euro race fee and the people of the club were incredibly friendly all day.
Old 24-12-2011

You raced at the Black Country Arena??
Couldn,t meet any nicer persons!!!
But they talk funny though, and I cant understand them
Old 24-12-2011
Mad Member

Didn't we have another thread last week moaning about the death of 1/10th due to all the fantastic new 1/8th electric buggies?

I'm a 1/10th man myself despite 25 years off (racing bikes rather than women and beer)
Old 25-12-2011

Default the man has a point

I have shelved my tc for next year to do two wheel drivw off road. i was getting tired of tc, the tyre, the lack of smiles, finding myself in the c and d finals when only 1 second a lap down at most... i also like the fact that there are three traxks within an hour of my home
Old 25-12-2011
Mad Member

A second a lap is still alot in buggy racing too but you will get more smiles racing buggys cos it's ace

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 26-12-2011
Mad Member

I'm lucky ive have been around since early 90's started with a tomy intruder and a cougar 2wd been through the lot lazer zxr all the cats pred losi xx XXX rc10 b2 ,3,4 as our local club converted to TC we followed suit

now enjoying off road again with my boy at worksop thanks to muzz and the schumacher indoor series looking forward to doing a bit more maybe !

Fid and Mitch
Old 30-12-2011

Default retern

why are all us blokes ruled by our trouser snakes.i stoped racin bout 20 years ago for girls and drink and hope to race a bit more 2012
Old 06-01-2012

I also think this is because the rtr buggy market is better.

I for one spent £100 on a Mad Rat rtr and have found it so much fun that im looking into upgrading to the pro model in the next year.

£100 to get away from home on the weekend and race buggies with people is cheap and fun..

Why not.
Old 06-01-2012

Dont think we have much to worry about,raced 1/10th 13 or so years ago then had a break went on road now had 1.5 seasons of it since and loving it again.
We have a nitro track near me they bought 1/8th electic spent money on the gear,and only last 15 mins if that,now not be funny but i did 1.8th nitro (dont hit me) liked it but when you race it you need 2 people per car, then £45 on tyres a meeting if you are lucky.
Not trying to upset people but if people go to a meeting see the fast nitro guys,most will say how fast will that go,plus how much does that cost when you say £300 for a engine then 450 for a car ish then all the rest you can see why people run.
Gone off track but
However did the f345 this season gone i think Paul Worsley said 400%increase in the 1/10ths strongest they have had,and i dont think the lipo and brushless have done us any harm in fact so much easier to be as fast as the brca A finalists (at least down the straight) no black magic needed for motors,etc.
Little knowlage for the escs but forums like OOPLE shed light on a number of things everyone tries to help each other.

RTR are popular too with the main ones as the losi,associated and kyosho do them only other to come out is durango if they will.

At my local track Trccc there has been an average of about 40 drivers at each meeting which i think is good as where we are in the SW we dont have that big of a catchment area as tracks in the midlands do.

So i do think we have nothing to worry about this season apart from 1 think a am affraid is the weather cant stand racing in the wet
Old 08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdevey View Post
why are all us blokes ruled by our trouser snakes.i stoped racin bout 20 years ago for girls and drink and hope to race a bit more 2012
can you get rtr trousers snakes?

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 08-01-2012

ive moved over from 1/8th nitro. much cheeper to run 1/th buggy and more clubs in my local area. but still race the nitro summer months.