Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 19-01-2014

Default durango customer service???????

Hi i bought a durango rtr from je models on behalf of one of my friends as he wanted to get his stepson into racing.
It was bought in october for a christmas present. Hes been unable to get it working so ive been round and it just wont bind.
We tried many times (im not new to this ive got spektrum/code/carisma 2.4 ghz stuff and that binds fine when i move it from car to car), its got to be faulty. When we follow the process the light goes solid as if its bound but when its all turned back on its not bound.
Ive tried a carisma reciever and transmitter and it bound fine, the throttle was fine but the steering wasnt right, the servo wouldnt centre properly and seemed to get hot. Could a faulty servo stop it binding? That would be a new one on me, and i have tried binding with the servo disconnected. Could it be the reciever/transmitter is faulty as well as the servo?
Any ideas? Or who should i contact? Je models as they have changed owners or t.d.?
The young man was hoping to go racing next weekend and i feel responsible for letting him and my mate down. Theres no stock left for a replacement and hes bought batteries and charger to go with it. I wish i had checked everything when it arrived!
Any help appreciated
David.
Ps this isnt a dig at je models or durango, i havent contacted either yet. Just after advice on the quickest way to sort it.

Last edited by davidmog99; 21-01-2014 at 08:20 PM. Reason: wrong month
Old 19-01-2014

Default Transmitter problem

David, best to contact TD.

I've heard of binding problems with the TD transmitter/receiver before.

I am sure Durango will sort it out and get the lad racing for the weekend.
Old 19-01-2014

Default more help please

Sorry for the long post above but if je models give a refund, the car was discounted to £165.
With batteries and charger i convinced my mate to spend a good bit more than he intended anyway, he wont want to spend more.
What options do i have around that budget? Its all got to be new or new built. He wont do used.
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

your best best is to contact Team Durango
Support@team-durango.com

I know they used to be slow to respond and sometimes left things altogether, but from my own experience i also know that they have been working hard to get that side of things sorted.

JE models may have changed owners but its still there
However they are only the distributer where as Durango is obviously the manufacturer and place responsible for warranty defects etc.
Old 19-01-2014

Default thanks

Thanks i will ring t.d. in the morning. Im still a bit concerned with the servo. Do they ever run hot if they arent faulty? The wheels werent even touching the ground and i switched off pretty quickly.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

I *think* there were a few faulty rtr rx/tx sets kicking around. Don't quote me on that!

And FWIW, I bought an rtr roller (the electrics except servo had been cannibalised) and the stock servo was dire, especially when matched up with the servo saver. On our tracks (either astro or high grip carpet) I couldn't even get the car to turn properly. Removing the servo saver didn't help much. So I just put a 20 quid mks 1210 servo and an aluminium servo arm in, ran that for a few months with no issue.
Old 19-01-2014

Default thanks

Thanks i have just emailed them.
I take it a few people have had bad customer service from team durango.
I hope im lucky then.
Old 19-01-2014

Default thanks

Yes, i expected the servo to be a bit crap, but hot? And i mean hot to touch and a smell from the servo. Definitely not esc or motor.
Will the serial number on the box and car give any clues about the binding issue? I wont be too happy if it does. That would explain the discount, but its not really a discount if you have to swap tx rx and servo!
Old 19-01-2014

David,,
If you are near Northampton I have a 210 RTR tx/RX & servo that you are welcome to borrow until TD sort you out.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

The discount was due to the release of a revised model.
Old 19-01-2014

Default great

Thats a brilliant offer, many thanks.
I will ring durango and je tomorrow, if i cant sort something i will pm you. I cant collect but can pay postage both ways if thats acceptable?

Cheers muchly
David
Old 19-01-2014

No worries I could sort UpS via work for a bout £10. I know how frustrating a new kit with issues can be
Old 19-01-2014

Default serial number

The serial number is TD24251.
Has anyone else on here had the same issues?
Its the first time i have seen the rtr today. It does look great value even at full retail price.
Old 19-01-2014

Default great

Thhat would be great. Ive had issues with missing bits faulty items with lots of things over the years but its much worse after ive sorted it for someone else. I didnt open it to check everything because it was all sealed and it was a present.
Thanks again
David
Old 19-01-2014

David,

I had the same issue when I bought an rtr kit last year. Durango sorted a new TX set for me with a little bonus gesture for the trouble and were excellent. For the cost the rtr is great value (when working) and served me well to get back into racing. I've since upgraded most things as I got more involved in the hobby (it gets addictive ) but my advise would be to chase through the Durango email and keep your supplier copied in too.

Hope all goes well.
Old 21-01-2014

Default no progress

Hi. I contacted j.e models today and they have no record of me buying the car, their last sale of that model was in september. Thats definitely not me. It was after that. I may have used a work adress for delivery, i cant remember. But their rules required a postcode registered to the debit card or they couldnt take the order?
The guy on the phone explained the 'problem with durango is that they are moving to germany'. Not helpful. Durango havent replied to telephone or email.
J.E informed me theres not a lot they can do without finding the delivery note. I cant find it but i remember it wasnt a reciept and had no detail or order numbers etc. Otherwise i would have kept it.
I have a paypal reference number to prove i bought it. Im not a liar the car has never run!
Im not exactly a happy bunny.
Old 21-01-2014

Hi David,
Apologize i didn't mean to insinuate that you were lying, It was merely the only order i had from you we cancelled, and i would need a ref number to find your order. Every order we send out we also email the customer with a copy of the invoice which should have a account number and a order number on it attached by .pdf file, and we can find your order for you. unfortunately the Paypal transaction number wont help us, as it would be for the old owners Paypal which we wont be able to view. please have a look in your emails tonight and give us a call in the morning (we open from 10am) and we will try and help you out.
Regards
Jay
Old 21-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
Hi. I contacted j.e models today and they have no record of me buying the car, their last sale of that model was in september. Thats definitely not me. It was after that. I may have used a work adress for delivery, i cant remember. But their rules required a postcode registered to the debit card or they couldnt take the order?
The guy on the phone explained the 'problem with durango is that they are moving to germany'. Not helpful. Durango havent replied to telephone or email.
J.E informed me theres not a lot they can do without finding the delivery note. I cant find it but i remember it wasnt a reciept and had no detail or order numbers etc. Otherwise i would have kept it.
I have a paypal reference number to prove i bought it. Im not a liar the car has never run!
Im not exactly a happy bunny.
Hi David,

I can assure you Team Durango is not moving to Germany.

We're in the office every day and there is always someone to pick up the phone. If we haven't picked up, maybe you've mistyped the number or picked the wrong number? I can assure you our phone works fine

I'll make sure tomorrow someone will have a look into your issue. What email address did you write to?

Best Regards

Fabien
Old 22-01-2014
Mad Member

Didn't you get emails from both PayPal and JE when you placed the order?
This will have all the details you could possibly need.
Old 22-01-2014
Administrator

not sure it matters now but I worked 2 years at Team Durango on lots of stuff inc support and left Oct 2012 - I owe TD nothing since they throw no bones my way but I know the cars (esp 4wd) and I know everyone who counts at TD.

That said - first port of call usually should be your supplier (shop) but with some stuff like broken driveshafts it's best to contact TD and send photos to show the problem.

But if anyone has problems they can't sort in a timely manner give me a shout and I will try help because the TD guys are good guys - overworked, but good.