Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 25-07-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Post Caldicot - B6/B6D Set Ups

I have seen Chris Mills' B6D setups, and know there are a few more B6/D's at Caldicot.

If you have a B6/D at the club could you share your setups please?

I'm hoping to come back with a 10T in my B6D, so keen to hear gearing setups for that class too please.

It would help an old racer out no end

Ox.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 25-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
I have seen Chris Mills' B6D setups, and know there are a few more B6/D's at Caldicot.

If you have a B6/D at the club could you share your setups please?

I'm hoping to come back with a 10T in my B6D, so keen to hear gearing setups for that class too please.

It would help an old racer out no end

Ox.
Look at this! A spec motor class is bringing racers back

I run a KD so can only give pointers on tyres. Worn yellow minipins on the rear, cut staggers on the front. Caldicot are regularly building tracks with a high amount of polished floor and you want as much rubber in contact with that as possible
Old 25-07-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm_2008 View Post
Look at this! A spec motor class is bringing racers back

I run a KD so can only give pointers on tyres. Worn yellow minipins on the rear, cut staggers on the front. Caldicot are regularly building tracks with a high amount of polished floor and you want as much rubber in contact with that as possible
I haven't raced at a club night with you in many many years - probably when I had my old 6.5T shod Atomic S2 - good ol' days!

Those cut staggers seemed to make more of an appearence after I went into hibernation, it was mainly yellow pins or spikes front and rear with my old 2WD's, but I know the hall floor surface has changed since then and offers less grip I believe?

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 26-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
I haven't raced at a club night with you in many many years - probably when I had my old 6.5T shod Atomic S2 - good ol' days!

Those cut staggers seemed to make more of an appearence after I went into hibernation, it was mainly yellow pins or spikes front and rear with my old 2WD's, but I know the hall floor surface has changed since then and offers less grip I believe?
I think it has changed (Pete can confirm). The cut staggers are a very good compromise between grip and slip, and seem to work well on any surface. New or nearly new mini pins are worse than no tyres at all on the new floor.
Old 27-07-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah, they 'cleaned' the floor a couple of years ago, initially it was more slippery than an ice rink, but it's slowly slowly getting grip back.

The low profile cut staggers are the ones to go for, they last pretty well too.
Mini pins are the most popular choice for the rear, but as Craig says, when new they don't grip the polish that well.
Some have used Darts, but they're no better in the polish either.