Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
Ladies and Gents - drivers of the Northeast

I am sure, like many of you, I am extremely frustrated with not being able to race as often as I would like. Not having a purpose built track in the Northeast, I have taken it upon myself to look at several different options of sports halls etc, both indoors and outdoors to accommodate our passion for racing. I am in the process of reviewing and short listing several options of a permanent location.

During this research I have spoken and had several meetings with a contact at the council to find out what help is available with funding and support etc. These discussions are in the very early stages with a lot of admin and ground work which has been already been done and with a lot more to do. My contact is very eager to help.

So, I am doing some market research to find out what interest there is and who would be willing to support the venture by answering the few questions below. I am only looking for positive, constructive feedback. I believe there are approximately 50+ drivers in the Northeast, so I would appreciate as much feedback as possible. I would be grateful if you can ask as many people as possible the following and return replies to myself:

How many drivers would attend regularly
How many nights a week would they attend
What nights are preferred
How much annual membership are you willing to pay
How much are you willing to pay per session
Are you interested in doing weekend display days.

Come along to the Buggy GP and ask the guys there:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68169
Old 20-07-2011
Mad Member

Any more on this??
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 20-07-2011

Default outdoor track

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Any more on this??
Lets all just put our heads together stop all the bickering and get the track built for next summer . Ive seen the site its ideal pauls got the astroturf just need a bob cat and members. Well done paul hope it works out.
Old 20-07-2011

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyjohnson75 View Post
Lets all just put our heads together stop all the bickering and get the track built for next summer . Ive seen the site its ideal pauls got the astroturf just need a bob cat and members. Well done paul hope it works out.
Well, please don't count this as bickering, or being negative, but there wont be any members to race or help build the track if potential members don't know where it is ! ! !

On the plus side, I'm very glad "it" exists and someone has seen it.
Old 21-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyjohnson75 View Post
Stop the bickering? All I wanted to know if anything was actually going to happen with this track, I could be very handy with the construction of the track as I work very closely with construction firms and also have an electrical business, so could be pretty useful for helping set up the site etc!!

All I was hoping for was Paul to come on and say what he's up to or a little bit of info as people soon get disheartened when all is quiet.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 21-07-2011
Mad Member

if you need help building a purpose built permanent out door track, let us know where and when we need to be to get building and i for one will be there. and i'm sure many others will be as well
Old 21-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
if you need help building a purpose built permanent out door track, let us know where and when we need to be to get building and i for one will be there. and i'm sure many others will be as well
+1
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 21-07-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifta View Post
+1

+2
Old 21-07-2011

I don't live in the area anymore, but I know the Sunderland page on facebook asked a few days ago if there was any interest in an rc track. They didn't say whether it would be on or off road.

Can't link direct, but it was this tuesday at 6.17pm - the mesasge was

"Been asked to ask: Would anyone be interested in an RC(radio control) car club in and around Sunderland? I'd have a go, anyone else, anyone already in one?"
Old 21-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
I don't live in the area anymore, but I know the Sunderland page on facebook asked a few days ago if there was any interest in an rc track. They didn't say whether it would be on or off road.

Can't link direct, but it was this tuesday at 6.17pm - the mesasge was

"Been asked to ask: Would anyone be interested in an RC(radio control) car club in and around Sunderland? I'd have a go, anyone else, anyone already in one?"
the closest club to sunderland is at seaham youth centre on a sunday club is called NEAM..............North East Amateur Motorsport
Old 21-07-2011

Default up date and progress on the track

Ladies and Gents

Following my thread starter
I have spent many hours looking into possible funding from the council and sports in the community and ended up putting it on hold in the short term but that avenue is still open for the future.

Yes I can confirm I have decided to fund the club personally and located the siutable land in the Gateshead area and negotiated the rent.
I am presently dealing with the legal documents, as we all know dealing with third parties and local authorities this has a pace of its own, FRUSTRATINGLY VERY SLOW, and I cant rush it.

I have sourced the Astro and have it in storage at the moment until the paperwork is completed. I am also in talks for some possible sponsorship
but that is all dependant on the track / club opening.

I am looking to complete all the paper work and build the track in the next
3 weeks and get up and running with a opening compertition the last week of august after the Durham GP.

I have been let down with some eqiupment which I am trying to source buy / hire have donated. so if any one can help please pm me.

Bobcat / JCB weekend hire
Field/land drain pipe
Skaffold (Rostrum)
Amb lap timing set up
Pa system

Regards
Paul
Old 21-07-2011

shame its so far north, id asked a few from TRCC about going to TyneMet for a few nights an most say its too far. For me personally it would cost £15+ in fuel before racing. When you posted id really hoped it was gonna be more central

Dont get me ill still like to come but it wont be as much as id really like to due to travel costs
Old 21-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
shame its so far north, id asked a few from TRCC about going to TyneMet for a few nights an most say its too far. For me personally it would cost £15+ in fuel before racing. When you posted id really hoped it was gonna be more central

Dont get me ill still like to come but it wont be as much as id really like to due to travel costs

I know what you mean, im from peterlee and travel to tyne met mondays and benfield on fridays when i can (early shift) and seaham on sundays when its on so cost catches up a bit, but would would like to race on something other than polished floors...........
Old 22-07-2011
Mad Member

+1 for the permanent track.

I've been looking into it fr years, but I was trying to get a non- rentable site, which still looks like it is atleast 12 months away.

Please consider national requirements when building a track, it is only then you'll get the big meetings, incl big regional attendance to support the venture, and tisde you over the quieter club meetings.

Ive always had issues with planning permission for rostrums and race control buildings aswell, when sitting down with people - so any pointers on this would be welcome.

Good luck.
Old 22-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
+1 for the permanent track.

I've been looking into it fr years, but I was trying to get a non- rentable site, which still looks like it is atleast 12 months away.

Please consider national requirements when building a track, it is only then you'll get the big meetings, incl big regional attendance to support the venture, and tisde you over the quieter club meetings.

Ive always had issues with planning permission for rostrums and race control buildings aswell, when sitting down with people - so any pointers on this would be welcome.

Good luck.
+ 2 for a permanent track
Old 23-07-2011

I sold all my gear years ago but if this is going to happen it's time to cane the barcley card any help I can give I'm there.
Old 29-07-2011

im currently looking at getting into r.c. racing and i live in gateshead
sounds like good news
Old 05-08-2011

Default Permanant out door astro track update

Ladies and Gents

welcome to Dynamix Raceway

I have now succeeded in obtaining the land for permanent out door astro track witch is based in Gateshead the land is approx 2acres of hard standing with an option to expand.
I will be looking for volunteers over the next 2 weeks to help design and build the track in my experience constructive input and ideas in better then people complaining or makes unconstructive comments
Please pm me if you’re interested in helping and advice of any time you are able to attend and give a hand.: drool:

Last edited by paulywally; 05-08-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added photo
Old 05-08-2011

Default Photo of some of the land

Old 05-08-2011
Mad Member

Well this is the furthest anybody has got so massive well done for now!
I have asked a friend of mine if he can do some weekends on his own diggers which he said he could, he will need paid of course unless you can hire some of your own diggers and drive them yourself?
Will there be ample room for pitting? Can we camp there? Is there drainage for toilets?
And....what tyres are best?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback