Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 16-09-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
PLS!!!!!!!! in 30 years i have never been threatened by gun or knife for that matter. you sir are the prime example of what im referring to. Next...Screw the "top Lads" they should come so they could be tought a lesson in life...never mind Rc. finally, there is no need for me to feel the need to promote my country. milions of people who have ACTUALLY come here know how awesome it is and how pathetic these claims are. no money...COSTS? i get not being able to go to Europe...really, but do you know that the Dollar/Rand exchange rate is almost 10/1?, thats AWESOME for you...hell i wish i had that kind of money here...ill be rich. that translates into $10 for a 5 star meal....damn LOL

"threatened with guns like they did last time"....what a joke, like it happens without distinction... name calling!?!?!? you sir are dissing my country!
it is a well know fact that some of the Japanese team got held up and robbed last time the worlds was there,ask yourself a question why would people that are getting paid to go race refuse to go.???
Old 16-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
Of all the comments posted here how many of you have actually travelled to South Africa. The comments you chaps are making how many of you can back it up with proof. Yes we have crime in this country, but hey I can get on a bus and I don't have to worry about being blown away by some terrorist bomb or work in an office and don't worry about a plane flying into it cos my country has occupied some froeighn land. I'm not at war with any country and I don't have to go to some foresaken desert to babysit my presidents oil wells even though I don't believe in it. I can go to a sporting event, music concert and won't get beaten by a mob of drunken louts calling themselves supporters or fans. Yes I have crime in my beautiful country, but I look at the positives not the negatives. I live in South Africa where in a matter of minutes I can move from a 1st world city to a landscape filled with the beauties of nature and wildlife roaming free in vast tracks of land not behind a cage or stuffed and mounted on a stand in a museum. So before you comment again on what is South Africa come see it for yourself you'll be pleasantly surprised, oh and bring your little toy and come experience an IFMAR World Event like no other.

To the chaps from Germany, Japan, Poland Thailand and Israel who have registered, congratulations on seeing through all this nonsense mentioned by people who haven't even left their own suburb let alone city. You are the true ambassadors of this great past time.

To the current world champs who don't seem to be coming, thanks for dissapointing all your fans in not defending your titles. Can we call you World champs or maybe Chumps, the world doesn't only revolve around 2 continents.

Enuf said I'm going racing...

I know this is a bit late... but you say current world champs? I think Hayato Matsuzaki is down on the entered list... and I think he's the defending 2wd World Champ...

But for the most I agree with the guys from south africa... seriously, if they held this world champ in Detroit US or Manchester UK you can bet everyone would be coming... they're just looking for excuses really!
Old 17-09-2009

I think it is lame that people are scared. Have some guts and passion, take up karate.

That said, WTF? No Lipos? How can IFMAR be so behind the times.

Also, wasn't the worlds in SA in 2002? How come other countries / cities don't have a look in this year, it's boring having the event in the same country so close to the last time. Would be very cool to see the event in Australia again.

Pretty sure there will be a heap of late entires.
Old 17-09-2009
Mad Member

Look at it like this if you put youre car on the grid but not drive you will be the 24th best driver in the world...

That would count in any cv....

mvh isobarik
Old 17-09-2009
Mad Member

Is there a list of confirmed entrants anywhere?
Old 17-09-2009
Mad Member

Found the list
Old 17-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
PLS!!!!!!!! in 30 years i have never been threatened by gun or knife for that matter. you sir are the prime example of what im referring to. Next...Screw the "top Lads" they should come so they could be tought a lesson in life...never mind Rc. finally, there is no need for me to feel the need to promote my country. milions of people who have ACTUALLY come here know how awesome it is and how pathetic these claims are. no money...COSTS? i get not being able to go to Europe...really, but do you know that the Dollar/Rand exchange rate is almost 10/1?, thats AWESOME for you...hell i wish i had that kind of money here...ill be rich. that translates into $10 for a 5 star meal....damn LOL

"threatened with guns like they did last time"....what a joke, like it happens without distinction... name calling!?!?!? you sir are dissing my country!
Damn - someone has a chip on his Shoulders!
Old 17-09-2009

If you look at the countries that fall under FAMAR, South Africa is probarly the best of them.

Having the Worlds in AUS can be nice, they always sent it to Japan for some reason.

Looking forward to seeing Hayato Matsuzaki trying to defend his title. As for Jared Tebo? On the ROAR website he is registered to have entered but no official word form ROAR. I think Joe Pillars is also on that list. At least two US drivers that have balls, they are now probarly not coming due to the fact that is is only two of them. I really hope they come....
Old 22-09-2009
Mad Member

regarding the safety in SA wasnt glasgow in great britian murder capital no1 i europe a couple years ago???

.mvh Isobarik
Old 22-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielie View Post
If you look at the countries that fall under FAMAR, South Africa is probarly the best of them.

Having the Worlds in AUS can be nice, they always sent it to Japan for some reason.

Looking forward to seeing Hayato Matsuzaki trying to defend his title. As for Jared Tebo? On the ROAR website he is registered to have entered but no official word form ROAR. I think Joe Pillars is also on that list. At least two US drivers that have balls, they are now probarly not coming due to the fact that is is only two of them. I really hope they come....
Not coming because their team has cancelled it, I don't think it was up to them.
Old 22-09-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielie View Post

At least two US drivers that have balls.
Do you really think it's about who has the biggest bollocks? i don't.

I don't travel to dodgy places just so i can say to my friends, "hey i have massive nuts i have been to Azerbaijan and saw a refinery being torched" i go because i have to go and its my job.

Just like Tebo, Cragg, etc etc im sure the teams have said we would rather have you alive than a world champ and shot on the way to the airport for the sake of a few dollars.

Also with regards to the statement about terrorism and flying planes into buildings, getting blown up etc. Yes we have to live with that crap but its not really on the forefront of your mind unless you stop in leeds or bradford for petrol. Plus would people really notice if pretoria was blown up. It's like sunderland of the southern hemisphere

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 22-09-2009

Am i reading the front page of the worlds website wrong, or is it too late for any further entrants to have control tyres?

reads like the order will have been placed to accomodate the entrants on the list.
Old 22-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Does anyone have any facts for either point if view?

Eg today's figures released show 50 murders a day in South Africa, but a decrease in 5 out of 7 "contact" crime indicators??

What is the robbery/carjack/murder rate compared to uk/USA/Europe, does anyone actually know?

And what is the crime rate in the areas near the track, it's region, better or worse than national average?
Old 22-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Id go if someone would pay for me 100% including expenses, but then id be more keen to go and see the country rather than missing out on the country to go and spend the week travelling between hotel and track, in a repetative chain of eating, drinking, sleeping, waiting, racing, prep'ing for a week.
Old 24-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Britain more violent than SA and US - report

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Does anyone have any facts for either point if view?

Eg today's figures released show 50 murders a day in South Africa, but a decrease in 5 out of 7 "contact" crime indicators??

What is the robbery/carjack/murder rate compared to uk/USA/Europe, does anyone actually know?

And what is the crime rate in the areas near the track, it's region, better or worse than national average?
Apparently we britain is worse than SA and the US
I still would,nt go there
3 July 2009, 10:20 http://www.pretorianews.co.za/?fSect...2466088453U214

By James Slack
Daily Mail
Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.
Old 24-09-2009

But that's a Daily Mail article, so obviously we're all going to die, and should run for the hills, whilst being concerned about house prices.
Old 24-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Been watching this thred for some time now. In 2006 the 1/8th worlds were held in Indonisia, I didn't get the chance to go, but I know many who did...and they all came back alive, the most dangerous thing they came across was some of the catering. the fastest time of the day was the sprint to the loos. Indonisia is regarded by many who travel as a country that you need to watch your back in if you are going to head off the beaten track. if I remember rightly the track was in a garded compound, but they all had a good time.
In 1991 the 10th worlds were held in detroit,a place that could get a little rough after dark yet, all came back ( even Kevin Moore didn't get shot) . Not that long ago you could get well out of your depth if you took a wrong turn in florida with a hire car , with alimo on the plates, cost some turists there life!

The thing is , no matter what country you are in, if you are in the wrong place ,at the wrong time you can get into deep water.If you don't flash your money around, don't get pissed up and mouth off but respect the locals and keep a low profile I fully suspect you will have a great time.

Think of it like this, if the worlds were in belfast you would all go, but those from other parts of the world would prob think ...BELFAST ...S**T NO WAY, we have seen films about that place, we won't make it off the plane

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 02-10-2009
Mad Member

So in the end you actually are at greater risk at getting mugged at youre local club than in sa pretoria.

mvh Isobarik