Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Robinhood Raceway

Old 23-09-2010

Default Hello from touring cars

Hi guys,

if you were at the meeting last night you may have seen someone loitering around, that would have been me!

Just though I'd introduce myself, I'm Chris and have been a TC only man since about 2001. I thought I would check out the offroad scene since I live really close by and thought it looked ace. I went straight home and bought a Yoke B-max.

Now I'm hoping the weather can hold out a little longer so that I can get to use the thing! Looking forward to racing you all, and whoever sells Yoke spares should be rubbing their hands with glee.
Old 23-09-2010
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Hi there, yes saw you there but you seemed to know a few people so there must be a few of you touring racers coming over from the dark side

We will keep running hopefully all through the winter as long as its not too wet, theres also the Schumacher Worksop Masters Series www.worksopraceway.com which we're involved with thats local to you and Broxtowe, West Bridgeford and a little further away Ardent who i think are starting off-road soon.

Hope to see you next week then, if you want to come and practice beforehand contact me through the www.robinhoodraceway.com site
Old 23-09-2010

Yea I was just chatting to these guys, they had actually been TC converts!

Hoping I can get the car all sorted for next week. I've been looking at the Worksop series and really want to do it, but at the moment TC is still my thing so I have some races to do for that over the winter. Also might be getting a new job which might take me away from RHR but I will have to see.

Basically I'm not sure if I will be able to do any of the Worksop meetings, but hoping I can. I might just enter for the first meeting and see how it goes from there.

Trying to get myself some decent second hand BL for the Yoke. Is a Losi Xceleron and a 5.5 going to be too fast/slow? I have up to date GM stuff in my tourer but don't really know about the Losi stuff.

Cheers for the help and I might be in touch so that I can practice this offroad game without too many judging eyes!
Old 23-09-2010

Hi Chris,I think you'll find a 5.5 will be plenty fast enough!.. I run one in my dex410 and that goes nicely at rhr.
If your after spares/tyres/batteries etc,give Pat a ring at mcr(01246 204090). He's the guy who runs the meeting on Wednesdays. He'll be more than happy to bring it to the track for you.
Old 23-09-2010

Ah yes MCR, have seen them on ebay, I thought it might be an idea to check out possible spares places well in advance. I'm going to need some mini spikes so I'll give him a bell, cheers.

Really looking forward to this offroad game now. Although I feel like I'm cheating on my TC ...shameful eh