Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 16-09-2013

I thought the car were fully adjustable before. I can pull 19.2 on the kit setup (not consistantly)around mike r/c track,I guess to pull a 17 sec lap I need to be a better driver and adjust the damping.

With the game controller calibration

I am getting 82% throttle with the in game EXP set to 100%. Anyone else had this issue?

thanks
Old 16-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
I thought the car were fully adjustable before. I can pull 19.2 on the kit setup (not consistantly)around mike r/c track,I guess to pull a 17 sec lap I need to be a better driver and adjust the damping.

With the game controller calibration

I am getting 82% throttle with the in game EXP set to 100%. Anyone else had this issue?

thanks
You should get 100%. Make sure you have calibrated controller through windows. EXP should not effect it. Also set all your trims to 0 before you calibrate along with epa.
Old 16-09-2013

window 8 likes to hide thing found the calibration tool now
Old 16-09-2013

window 8 likes to hiding programs.i have now found the calibration tool.
Old 23-09-2013

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

I've just started playing this game tonight. It is cool I'm not convinced the handling is all that realistic, but I hope it will improve my hand eye coordination and controller handling.

Also, I am using a fully wired in USB cable, found it was a cheaper option than the official VRC Pro thingy that you plug to a receiver.

How did I do? Not great... But then again I am not a great RC driver in real life a fair few low 14 second laps around Carpet 2 with a Tamiya Spec chassis and a cool truck body. Didn't quite managed to break into the 13s though.

PS: Did try the off road, but with zero SC experience or 4WD off road experience of any form I couldn't tell how good it was. Found it easier with the on-road cars on carpet.
Old 24-09-2013

I'm loving this game Not much time to play but had a quick little go before work this morning!

2 laps behind the really quick guys, which is about right for me

I still can't work out why someone would pay the full subscription rather than ruining the spec cars and buying a couple of tracks tops... In terms of onroad Carpet 2 seems all I need for practise for now.

If they bring out 2WD buggies I'll try the off road again. Losi 22 pls!
Old 24-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
I'm loving this game Not much time to play but had a quick little go before work this morning!

2 laps behind the really quick guys, which is about right for me

I still can't work out why someone would pay the full subscription rather than ruining the spec cars and buying a couple of tracks tops... In terms of onroad Carpet 2 seems all I need for practise for now.

If they bring out 2WD buggies I'll try the off road again. Losi 22 pls!
With the offroad, the spec cars are not all that great in my opinion. The mod chassis however, when set up good is really fun and feels like you would expect a real sct to. Cant wait for the buggies.
Old 25-09-2013

Thanks for the tip, will probably buy a SCT if the buggies don't come out in the next few months. I bought the Eppelheim LRP 2007 track as that seems like the kind of track I find myself racing locally.

Too soon so say, but it seems like a really good practise tool. Been using it for a day and a bit, and my laptimes have come down considerably, on Carpet 2 now I can lap mostly do 13 second laps.

For busy people like me who have no natural RC racing skills whatsoever, this seems great. The reality is that on any given week I just do four five minute rounds of racing. That's it. I hardly ever bash... The only thing is that the Touring cars on VRC Pro handle WAY better than my vintage TL01
Old 25-09-2013

Has anyone got a decent setup for mike rc track with intercept SC car?

Thanks

Sammy
Old 25-09-2013

Got the USB adapter through today (11 days from ordering... not bad at all). I was worried about latency after trying my controller on my mates pc with vrc pro, but I can't notice any latency on my pc. I think we didn't calibrate it right on his pc.

I only have the free version of the game at the moment.

I've tried onroad 1/10 on the carpet track, and the sc10 13.5 on the cool sct track, and i'm really happy with how it handles. I found that once I got used to the view a bit, and also got comfortable with my controller while seated, the game provides an excellent way of practicing (not tried racing yet)

I was getting smoother, and getting better over the jumps with the sct, and it was rewarding me for driving well, and punishing me just where I felt it should. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think it will be an invaluable practicing tool. Looking forward to trying out some racing, and the other 4 tracks available to me for free. For the price of the usb dongle, it was a great buy.
Old 25-09-2013

That's exactly it, it doesn't feel perfect to me. In some ways it was harder than real RC, even with my 24 inch monitor I can't say that I get as good a view of the car as I do in real life. In real life I can easily see how much the car leans and dives...

But harder is better than easy when it comes to actually practising some basic skills like being precise with the controls, staying calm and collected during a race and generally being consistent.

FWIW, I've not felt any lag in the controls. That aspect of things feels spot on... Practise does work

That's one day's difference, my slowest lap just now was quicker than my fastest yesterday and I've not been practising THAT much. Let's hope the improvements seen here work in real life.
Old 12-11-2013

Just installed this again and wanting a short course that can be fully setup.
Do I need to purchase the Associated SC10 4WD 3DS to do this?
I have already purchased the Intercept SCX10 4WD 3DS but some options are greyed out for setup?
Old 12-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgy Guy View Post
Just installed this again and wanting a short course that can be fully setup.
Do I need to purchase the Associated SC10 4WD 3DS to do this?
I have already purchased the Intercept SCX10 4WD 3DS but some options are greyed out for setup?
both intercept and associated mod chassis should have full chassis options. If you need a good set up I have mine saved on my PC. I can put it around rhein main in under 35 seconds. I'm less than a second off the fastest ever lap on their with it.
Old 12-11-2013

I'll send you a pm Danny.
Old 21-11-2013

the recent update seem to make the trucks behave more releastic is it just me or have you all noticed it.
Old 02-12-2013

1/8th buggys to be realised on the 19th December
Old 03-12-2013

Would be much more popular if it was on xb1 and ps4 I hope I time they make it available for consoles
Old 03-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgey View Post
1/8th buggys to be realised on the 19th December
Ye Im looking foreward to this, 1/10e buggies will surely follow
Old 03-12-2013

Im not a VRC member as yet i like the look of this but my laptop needs a upgrade before i could play vrc. If i join and download now what happens when i get a new laptop? do you get additional downloads? How much is this full membership thats got 50% off? i cant see prices anywhere.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2013

Quote:
To celebrate the 2013 holiday season and the release of our new 1:8 scale nitro buggy on December 18, we have a super special 'limited unlimited' offer for you at just Eur 149.95 (appr. $199), only the first 1000 members will be able to get this special deal only in December
€149.95 for a game! No thanks.

It is a good game, I enjoy practising on the free tracks but I cant see me ever paying €10 a month