Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 29-01-2012

Default Schumacher SST spur options

Hi all,

I posted a while back about getting my SST up and running for racing. I did this and went racing! The car was great fun and I didn't come last despite never having raced ever. However I was losing huge amounts of time on the straight at adur (40-50m at a guess from google earth)

I was running the smallest spur that I had and the biggest pinion that would fit with that spur, 83:31. However, this is horribly undergeared (FDR 5.4)

The biggest pinion that I can find is 40T which means that if I could find a 65T spur I could fit it and that would give me an FDR of 3.25. However I have a couple of questions,

Would 3.25 FDR be ok for 17.5T no boost racing? And if so, does anyone know where I could buy such a spur?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Tim

Edit
Just found this. Maybe it would work?

http://www.roundabouttoys.com/store/...acher-Adapter/

Last edited by dopeydog; 30-01-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: added info
Old 18-05-2012

Default Spur options

Hi. There is an alternative answer to your problem:
The Tamiya Buggy Champ 2010 uses a spur gear that would fit. there are two choices; a 65 tooth, and a 70 tooth, and both are sold together under part number: 9808256. However, you would then have to use Tamiya Pinions because of the pitch. I haven't tried this approach yet, so i'm not sure what pinion sizes will fit?, but i'll let you know if i get it working.

Also, i think 3.25 f.d.r. is a bit of a long ratio for that class, it depends upon your ESC, with a turbo ESC you could get away with it, but my Nosram/SPV3 17.5 tends to overheat beyond 4.09 f.d.r.
Old 18-05-2012

A friend of mine has a schop over here in belgium , he still has lots of parts for the old schumacher cars . U could send him a mail and ask if he still has some small spurs someware .
will post his E mail assap.
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 18-05-2012

What about slotting the motor mount screw holes to allow a bigger pinion. I've got a rake probably 50+ spurs for sst and nothing smaller than 83 tooth