Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 23-05-2006
Administrator

Default Predator Xrs !

COOL!
Check the price of it also, reet cheap. 169 pounds.
Old 23-05-2006
Mad Member

Plus vat on top of that price, but still a very good price.
Old 23-05-2006

???

169 pounds probably just for the upgrade of an X10 :bom:

they did it before, but I dunno if it's clever to boast around like that
Old 23-05-2006
Administrator

Not sure what this is yet, Tom Yardy reckons it might be a cut-price version of the X10 without all the bling, so its cheaper and more people can own a predator.
Old 23-05-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Interesting concept but I shall not make a single comment until I see pics of the car, £169 is great, just depends on what you 'DONT' get for that money.
Old 23-05-2006

PLEASE!

Open letter to TTECH:

I owned the predator (orig version) so many years go. It was too low slung and not durable enough for the US track conditions.

The comments I am seeing about today's car is that the car handles excellent yet it is still not really tested and designed with the capability to perform on the more vertical and bumpy US tracks. People say it does not have quite enough droop or it still breaks too easily under the abuse of the US verticals.

I would LOVE to drive a predator again, but until I see one that really works on US tracks, I cannot justify any amount of money on it.

TTECH, if you are out there, keep the US racers in mind. It may not be bad for the balance books too .
Old 23-05-2006
Administrator

I can't speak for US tracks since Ive never been on one but they don't look rougher than what we have here, but generally have more jumps.
Old 24-05-2006

At 169 sterling its tempting - even with my reservations. Just would like to know whats under the blanket.
Old 24-05-2006

£169 erm.. plus VAT I beleive... good old TTech with their advertising Spin...

I have been trying to think where they can be saving all that money over a stock kit, so should be interesting to see.
Old 24-05-2006
Administrator

Nah, no VAT for Morlock, hes in the USA
Old 24-05-2006

the only ares that i can think of are changing carbon fibre for molded plastic, slightly heavier plastic chassis, rocker material could be a cheaper metal, non ti turnbuckles etc. but it really is a big difference in price, will be interesting to see how one compares and how it holds up, might break less if the materials are a little more flexible but would loose that positive handling.

just my thoughts
Old 24-05-2006

just hope they don't do things like, erm, forget to install a slipper in the box...
Old 24-05-2006

Unhappy

It will be interesting to see how much I over pay when I got my car! Since i got one of the first ones.
Old 25-05-2006

I just pre-ordered the XRS. I think that whatever it looks like, it will be hot! I've wanted to pick up an X10 forever but the price was just outrageous. I'll be the only one in the state of New Jersey with the XRS...I can already see the jealous eyes at the track, LOL.
Old 25-05-2006

How much is VAT? Maybe I should buy one from the US and let you buy it back from me .

Well, I am selling a used xxx4. The intent was to trim my race collection to my yokomo (need to build) and my xfactory x-5.

I bought the x-5 used, cleaned it up and it so outhandles my xxx4 it is not even funny. Besides this I have a xxx bk2, a few new tamiyas and 2 nitro cars.

By the way, I have been getting the BEST support in the world from Chazz with the x-5.

As you can see, somewhere I went a little nuts. I know some of you have collections that dwarf mine.

But once I had 2 cars and one day I turned around and discovered I now have 9 runners. 2-3 cars are maintainable - - - -not 9!!!!!!

Trying to resist purchasing another car. But geez its hard - epecially since I have always thought the preds are neat.

Any more information on the XRS? (subtly returns subject to proper forum content)
Old 26-05-2006

Interesting - but ........... only the 1st 50 kits will be at the 'low' price, then they go to £211.91

But - the first 50 do come with the transmission pre-built!
Old 26-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30RGE
Interesting - but ........... only the 1st 50 kits will be at the 'low' price, then they go to £211.91

But - the first 50 do come with the transmission pre-built!

Actually you get the cheaper price until the promotion goes away...which it hasnt. I just pre-ordered yesterday and got the lower price and I was number 118. I just dont get the pre-built tranny. I would rather build everything myself anyway.
Old 27-05-2006
Mad Member

Detailed spec of the Xrs is now online, you don't get the items below, but you still get a lot for the money i think. The only parts you would really need are the one way and diff balls from perhaps Acer 1/8 & 2mm.

One way
Ceramic diff and thurst balls
Moulded rather than alloy rocker cranks
Steel not ti-nitride shock shafts
Moulded rather than alloy steering arms

http://ttechracing.com/htmlpages/xrsspecification.html

Last edited by OldTimer; 27-05-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 30-05-2006

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock
PLEASE!

Open letter to TTECH:

I owned the predator (orig version) so many years go. It was too low slung and not durable enough for the US track conditions.

The comments I am seeing about today's car is that the car handles excellent yet it is still not really tested and designed with the capability to perform on the more vertical and bumpy US tracks. People say it does not have quite enough droop or it still breaks too easily under the abuse of the US verticals.

I would LOVE to drive a predator again, but until I see one that really works on US tracks, I cannot justify any amount of money on it.

TTECH, if you are out there, keep the US racers in mind. It may not be bad for the balance books too .

Hi, thanks for your comments.

This is quite a common misconception.

The Predator looks low because the TOP of the car is very low.

The suspension travel is massive and the ideal amount of ground clearance is always obtainable because it can be adjusted to suit your track conditions, and yet always leaves enough suspension travel to give you ideal droop as well.

The low look is very important because it is the result of a design which gives you a low centre of gravity for stability, and reduced frontal area for lower aerodynamic drag which makes the car faster.

The latest X10 and XRS Predators have class leading durabity and the transmission will now be "Guaranteed" against breakage we are so confident about its strength.

We have spent many hours testing the latest Predators on US style tracks. The car is quicker than ever and more than capable of winning top level events in the US just as it did when it won the NORRCA Nationals and Winternational with Brian Kinwald before.

Larger volume production is enabling us to bring you a much better price too, and this will be reflected in the latest Predator XRS.

Best regards
Richard Weatherley
TTech Racing
Old 30-05-2006
Administrator

The other thing that for me makes the car look lower than it is, is the very long suspension arms. Their angle changes less than the shorter arms on other cars so makes it look like the car doesnt have as much travel.