Old 23-03-2013

Default EASTER EGG

Old 23-03-2013
Mad Member

We need to book in?
Old 23-03-2013
Mad Member

No need to pre book.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Default Easter Egg

Si/Southport

Are you sure we dont need to prebook (or would it be better) cos think there may be quite a few people coming this weekend from what I have heard. Dont think there is much else on and practise for the national although its a way off

J
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

If you haven't been to Southport before please let Eric know before hand so he has your details on the computer, to save him typing them in on the day.

We will have extra help for Eric in the day to make sure booking in goes as quickly as it can.

If people could book in as soon as they are setup that would help.

Dont forget Jamie, Eric is happiest when booking people in and he dreams of changing peoples PT numbers. :-)

Last edited by danDanEFC; 25-03-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Following feedback from the man himself
Old 25-03-2013

As been said,If you are not on our database and you attending you can send your details to eric.evison@sky.com don't forget to include :-
Name / BRCA No / PT Number / Class / Ability .
You can also email me if you have changed your PT number. We are still running on RC3 system so it's only the new Purceys that won't work.
Old 26-03-2013

Default Easter Sunday

Hi guys. There's a few of us looking at coming over on Sunday. Never been to your track before, is there plenty of pitting space and what do you do for power? Charge off car batteries and generators? Our regular club doesn't require us to be registered with the BRCA either so non of us are members. Is this something we'd need before racing?

Thanks for ur time.
Old 26-03-2013

Loads of pitting room (large field) you need to BRCA registered - Eric may ask you to prove you are, we all use Generators / car batteries and no mains unfortunately.

If you are coming over to play and have never raced at Southport before you really need to email Eric as above.

We have a National on the first weekend in May so you will find there are a few drives from around the Country coming along for the practice.

All the info is on: http://www.srcc.co.uk/

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team mad rat! View Post
Hi guys. There's a few of us looking at coming over on Sunday. Never been to your track before, is there plenty of pitting space and what do you do for power? Charge off car batteries and generators? Our regular club doesn't require us to be registered with the BRCA either so non of us are members. Is this something we'd need before racing?

Thanks for ur time.
Old 26-03-2013

There will be plenty of pitting area in the field next to the track, which luckily is now firming up. The weather forecast is for a dry day, but cold and a medium wind which will bring the chill factor feeling down to around 6 degrees. So, wrap up.

Please make sure you use the entrance by the nursery buildings and not the one marked croquet club. This leads directly onto the field where you’ll see the track at the far end. If you can’t see the rostrum from the double grey metal gate then you have the wrong gate.

We are a BRCA affiliated 1/10th scale electric off-road club and run under their published guidelines. In particular, all Lipo batteries must be hard-cased. This weekend we will be running 2WD and 4WD electric buggies. You can race at Southport three times before requiring a BRCA license. However, for insurance purposes and your own peace of mind I would strongly advise becoming a member.

I’m assuming you have your own personal transponders. If not the club have a few to loan – first come, first served at a hire price of £5/transponder.
Old 26-03-2013

Default Easter Sunday

Yes we've all got transponders, ill get all the details and ill drop you an email. We'll see you all on Sunday then, looking forward to it. Am I right in thinking we can race without the BRCA membership this once and register after that if we come over again? Also what tyres do you guys run as we usually race indoors.

Cheers.
Old 26-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team mad rat! View Post
Yes we've all got transponders, ill get all the details and ill drop you an email. We'll see you all on Sunday then, looking forward to it. Am I right in thinking we can race without the BRCA membership this once and register after that if we come over again? Also what tyres do you guys run as we usually race indoors.

Cheers.
You can race a maximum of 3 meetings without BRCA. So this once you will be ok. The exception is North-West regional meetings where BRCA membership is mandatory.

If you plane to attend regularly then it makes sense to join the club as well as the BRCA. However as others have said, BRCA membership is really well worth the few quid it costs. Have a chat with Eric on sunday. (after booking in though!)

Tyres are yellow minispikes for dry, 2WD tend to run yellow staggers on the front - normal or cut depending on how much front bite you can handle. For the wet Ballisitic greens tend to be the choice with green slim minis on the front for 2WD. Theres normally plenty of grip so other things will work but may not be quite as quick.
Old 27-03-2013

Default Clocks go forward

Don't forget to put your clocks forward.
Old 30-03-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I have Tommy calling for me so I won't forget the clocks moving forward or back!

Looking forward to the racing and getting these Eggs out my house.
Old 01-04-2013

great racing sunday.....definetly attend there again soon
Old 01-04-2013

Glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to racing with you again.

Cheers
Tony Mulligan
Chairman Southport Radio Car Club
Old 04-04-2013

yeah it convinced my mates that outdoor really is 10 times better

they have all now done their BRCA membership online and were comin this sunday too
Old 04-04-2013

how much is membership?
Old 04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjimny View Post
how much is membership?
2013 Membership is £10 Senior and £7.50 Junior. I look forward to seeing you again.