Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 07-06-2009

I came to two conclusions today....

1) inner tubes from bikes work great as waterproof socks for electrics

2) Denim jeans in the rain actually double your body weight.

Track was great, venue is excellent, had great fun in the practice we got in. I'm looking forward to the rescheduled round!
Old 07-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I've got the umbrella!!
yer that umbrella came in handy tell , shame about your table and chair mate ,,,, see ya soon buddy

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 08-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Haha, Can't beleive I came out to a race meeting without them!!!

At least I had the shelter though.
Old 08-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain-codpiece View Post
Track was great, venue is excellent, had great fun in the practice we got in. I'm looking forward to the rescheduled round!
Ditto, it was my first ever drive of a 2WD buggy on grass (baptism of fire I think!), and a 10.5 wasn't sooooo silly slow apart from the back straight.

Really looking forwards to the next meeting though. Shame the weather didn't play ball.
Old 08-06-2009

really disappointed the regional was canceled yesterday
didn't realize offroaders were such a bunch of nancy boys

on a more serious note i really hope this round isn't rescheduled!
it will be so unfair to anybody willing to run yesterday and not able to make another date!
our region has been planned since the 22nd jan
and so therefore has my racing calender, along with other broxtowe commitments, weekends away and summer holidays.
i cannot just pluck a spare weekend from fresh air

im not aware of the region having its own set of rules
(may be something to discuss ?)
so i would we would use the brca 1/10th rules which states that if canceled an event will not be rerun

cheers andy
Old 08-06-2009

I'm all for re-running it but I can see your point Andy, the rule book states-

19.3 At abandoned events where less than two rounds of qualifying have been completed, the event will be declared null and void and no results declared. Such events will not be re-scheduled and any relevant championship qualification will be reduced accordingly i.e. if there were four rounds to count from six, then one abandoned event would mean there are three rounds to count from five, etc.

Am assuming this is for Regionals and Nationals and not just Nationals?
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

Just nationals kid I think. There is a discussion about it in the mid west forum as there regional was cancelled aswell.

Personally I agree with Andy and hope that it isnt rescheduled. We should just run a best 2 from 3 series as adding another date is going to cause problems for some.
Old 08-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Personally though, I think we could have got at least 2 rounds in yesterday, if we hadn't hung around so long. I went out for a run seeing as I'd charged a pack up, just before the heavy stuff fell from the sky and everone went home, and the track wasn't too bad.
With only 40 drivers there we could have got a quick two rounds in and at least got some times up and points on the board.
When weather like that is forcast, can we just not get straight onto racing as soon as the booking in is over? It was only a flat grass track, not that much setting up needed.

With venues like that, it could be that racers are reccomended to charge packs up the night before, so that racing can get underway earlier. Then when 9/10 oclock comes round people can start their gennys without disturbing the locals.

Just a sudgestion?
Old 08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Just nationals kid I think. There is a discussion about it in the mid west forum as there regional was cancelled aswell.

Personally I agree with Andy and hope that it isnt rescheduled. We should just run a best 2 from 3 series as adding another date is going to cause problems for some.
Yep have read the thread but it doesn't state just National events

Either way Bizzle baby i'm onto a winner with me not being able to make it yesterday
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

I know you lucky git! Thats why Im happy for 2 out of 3 cos Ive already got 1 in the bag!!!
Old 08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
I know you lucky git! Thats why Im happy for 2 out of 3 cos Ive already got 1 in the bag!!!
If it's any consulation I didn't half get wet whilst chomping on a stick of rock and riding a donkey on Skegness beech
Old 08-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post
Either way Bizzle baby i'm onto a winner with me not being able to make it yesterday
and not just you,
im having to drop the last round of each due to the fact it clashes with the Euro's and that shouldnt really have been done either! But you put up with things ,if i get the chance i will be voting for it to be rescheduled.
Old 08-06-2009

Quote:
It was only a flat grass track, not that much setting up needed.

With venues like that, it could be that racers are reccomended to charge packs up the night before, so that racing can get underway earlier. Then when 9/10 oclock comes round people can start their gennys without disturbing the locals.

Just a sudgestion?
It's a fair suggestion, but as one of the main organisers of the WBMCC regional yesterday I can tell you that setting "only a flat grass track" up in the pouring rain took us more than 2 hours, excluding transferring all the equipment from our usual venue & back again. We did not get home until gone 1pmyesterday, very soggy and very disappointed that the weather had forced us to abandon the event.

I'm not sure I would have wanted to get up any earlier than 5.30am to do that, and even if we had I'm not sure we'd have had all the help from our club members that braved the weather yesterday.

I'm not wanting to be funny here, but just think about what you're saying; we put a LOT of effort in for that event, including finding a new venue at short notice and were extremely disappointed how it turned out.

Hopefully the remaining rounds will be sunny & dry.

Cheers,
Paul.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 08-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Paul,
By no means was I saying that the track was rubbish or anything like that. I really do appreciate the amount of work that goes into it, I've run clubs before. The bit about the 'flat grass track' was a reference to the fact that there shouldn't be too much to alter on the set-up from previouse races. therefor practice isn't majorly 'as important' when time is against us with the weather.
I'm merely putting a sudgestion forward, that when the weather forcast is bad that we all try to get things moving as soon as possible before the weather closes in. At least this way the competitors that do turn up can get some running in.
I also appreciate the problems with noise and the residents, which is why I mentioned the pre-charge cells.

Like I said, it was only a sudgestion.
Old 09-06-2009

Hi Richard and All.
Having now got home and everything dried out I have had the chance to check the rule book with regards to cancelled Regional events.

Rule 19.3 as you point out is the one which is relevant and it does impact both National and Regional Sanctioned events (i.e. it is not listed in Rule 2.2 as being allowed to be "varied" by Regions).

Accordingly, rescheduling is not an option and therefore 2 results from three events will decide the Regional Championship.

Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.
Old 09-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Hi Paul,
By no means was I saying that the track was rubbish or anything like that. I really do appreciate the amount of work that goes into it, I've run clubs before. The bit about the 'flat grass track' was a reference to the fact that there shouldn't be too much to alter on the set-up from previouse races.
Do you know that EVERYTHING had to be set up in the morning? the site isn't secure, so nothing can be setup the day before or whenever like at the school
Old 09-06-2009

I think Tel means car set up dude
Old 09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieF View Post
Hi Richard and All.
Having now got home and everything dried out I have had the chance to check the rule book with regards to cancelled Regional events.

Rule 19.3 as you point out is the one which is relevant and it does impact both National and Regional Sanctioned events (i.e. it is not listed in Rule 2.2 as being allowed to be "varied" by Regions).

Accordingly, rescheduling is not an option and therefore 2 results from three events will decide the Regional Championship.

Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.
Its a shame Charlie and I feel for the Bridgford lads who would of put a lot of effort in for this event. Rob maybe you could have an extra non scoring round? ME-OR Cup?

Its times like this and Holbeach 2wd last year that give good reason to consider having 3 from 5 next year, its a tight calander but it's possible to fit them in
Old 09-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
I think Tel means car set up dude

Yep, I did.

I didn't think for one minute that everything was left outside all night.
Old 09-06-2009

Right... I havent read the rule book (neither do I intend to) but from what I saw at the weekend the venue was excellent, as was the track which in the right climate would have meant an excellent day's racing. Is being an F2 at the end of the year really more important than missing out on another good days racing? As far as I can work out it just means you cant do the end of season finals! Rob and the guys had done an excellent job and I for one would love to see it re-scheduled.