Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 13-08-2014

Default Camber links , High or Low on dex210 V2

Just wondering who's experimented moving there links up or down on there V2 and to what effects it gives.i know it alters roll centre but not sure when or when not to do it.
Ive messed about with camber link lengths that have given me better performance for different conditions. So any tips from someone with good knowledge about changing link height would be appreciated.im more or less running standard book set up with 2mm washers under front link and no washers under rear link Thanks
Old 19-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINDERSMAN View Post
Just wondering who's experimented moving there links up or down on there V2 and to what effects it gives.i know it alters roll centre but not sure when or when not to do it.
Ive messed about with camber link lengths that have given me better performance for different conditions. So any tips from someone with good knowledge about changing link height would be appreciated.im more or less running standard book set up with 2mm washers under front link and no washers under rear link Thanks
Raising front camber link (lower roll center) - Decrease off power steering / more on power steering / Makes the steering less aggressive and more consistent / Better on Open Tracks / raise inner pivot with shims or lower out pivot

Lower front camber link (high roll center) Increase off power steering / less on power steering / Makes Steering more aggressive / Good for Tight Tracks / lower inner pivot or raise outer pivot

Raising rear camber link (lower roll center) - More weight transfer side to side for technical or low bite tracks / raise inner link or lower out link / allows the car to roll more in turns. If you are carrying too much speed, the excessive roll can cause you to spin out when you apply power. Low roll center suits drivers who carry more corner speed and get on the gas softer. Car is slower to respond in chicanes, but feels more lazier and easier to drive.

Lower rear camber link (high roll center) less weight transfer side to side - better for high speed sweepers and larger tracks or high bite tracks / lower inner link or raise outer link. Car tends to slide a little easier. Car responds faster thru chicanes and squares up quicker on exit allowing you to get on the power earlier.

Normally I prefer LRC pivots (-2 rear block with 0 front block) on High bite tracks as it prevents traction rolling, and HRC pivots (std rear block and 1.5 front block) on low grip tracks as it feels more consistent if it does slide and its easier to catch and get on power, then I use the shims to adjust the roll center more as necessary.