Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-11-2018

Default Facing trouble setting up ESC

This is a real newbie problem I’m ashamed to say but I’ve never had an issue like it before.

I just took an Inferno converted to brushless as an exchange for some stuff, the guy showed me it working with his radio.

I cannot make it work with my Sanwa MT-S / RX-482!

The ESC is an Etronix Photon 150 amp waterproof and I cannot even find a manual for it online.

If I plug the ESC into channel 2 the receiver turns on but I cannot get the car to do anything and the steering servo does nothing.

If I plug the ESC into channel 1 the steering on my transmitter throttles the car but again the steering servo does nothing.

Any ideas I just don’t know what to do with it?
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

https://tutuapp.uno/ https://luckypatcher.tips/ https://www.kodi.bio/

Last edited by SheldonJ; 11-11-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2018
Mad Member

That's odd

I'm racing today so not much help but if you want to ring me mid morning il try to help

07910 424072
Regards Dave
Old 18-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonJ View Post
This is a real newbie problem I’m ashamed to say but I’ve never had an issue like it before.

I just took an Inferno converted to brushless as an exchange for some stuff, the guy showed me it working with his radio.

I cannot make it work with my Sanwa MT-S / RX-482! 9apps vidmate

The ESC is an Etronix Photon 150 amp waterproof and I cannot even find a manual for it online.

If I plug the ESC into channel 2 the receiver turns on but I cannot get the car to do anything and the steering servo does nothing. cartoon hd

If I plug the ESC into channel 1 the steering on my transmitter throttles the car but again the steering servo does nothing.

Any ideas I just don’t know what to do with it?
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
Strange problem. Never faced it.

Last edited by seoking; 22-03-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 19-03-2019

Have you done the RX to ESC calibration? You normally have to do this any time you change the receiver, so the ESC knows where the throttle neutral and endpoints are.

It differs slightly from one to the other but it's along the lines of:

1. Turn the Transmitter on.

2. While you are holding the red button on the switch of the ESC, turn on the ESC.

When it turns on, while still holding the red button down, red LED should flash, let go of red button.

(Don't hold down red button longer than 3 seconds because it will restore ESC settings to default instead of go into calibration mode)

3. Now, leave the throttle in neutral position on the transmitter and hit the red button once. The ESC will flash green once.

4. Now, hold full throttle and press the red button again. The ESC will blink green twice.

5. Lastly, Hold full reverse and hit the red button one last time. The ESC will blink green three times.

The ESC will then be calibrated.
Old 22-03-2019

Default Zlife

Thanks for sharing. zlife