Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 18-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
Have you measured?

I know it doesn't say, and I don't think it will, but it looks close.
Yes mate, nah i haven't i was told by a team driver
Old 18-02-2011

what about removing the motor cover an make one on your own?? i think than itīll fit !

TLR 22 "1.0"
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
Have you measured?

I know it doesn't say, and I don't think it will, but it looks close.
Martin - yes, a regular stick LiPo will fit between the low profile servo and the mid motor guard - but you will then need to find a home elsewhere for your ESC and Receiver.
Maybe a custom top deck if you so wanted?

But yes - I checked yesterday whilst prepping my car for the Maritime Off Road Wars and I can confirm that a normal stick will fit in the gap between my Spektrum S6070 low profile servo and the motor guard.

Hope this helps
Old 21-02-2011

nice to hear !! What is the mesure of the servo ??

TLR 22 "1.0"
Old 01-03-2011

dont forget these are the guys responsible for the great losi eight, need i say more!?
Old 01-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Martin - yes, a regular stick LiPo will fit between the low profile servo and the mid motor guard - but you will then need to find a home elsewhere for your ESC and Receiver.
Maybe a custom top deck if you so wanted?

But yes - I checked yesterday whilst prepping my car for the Maritime Off Road Wars and I can confirm that a normal stick will fit in the gap between my Spektrum S6070 low profile servo and the motor guard.

Hope this helps
So to confirm 100% - Stick LiPo's will fit?
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
So to confirm 100% - Stick LiPo's will fit?
I think you'll only get a normal sized stick lipo to fit if you build the car arse motored, don't think it would fit if you go mid motored, then you'll need saddles, or the 93mm Losi lipo.
Old 02-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was told it wouldn't, but i think they had in mind that it would be hard to put the rest of the other electric's in the car ! But according to GNARLY OLD DOG's post above then it will fit between the MOTOR GUARD and an LOW PROFILE SERVO he should know he's actually got a 22, Lucky sod
Old 02-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was looking at a 22 over the weekend and was told a normal stick lipo would fit, as long as you have the low profile servo and your esc would have to be fitted to the motor gard and have the smallest reciver

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 02-03-2011

OK, let me try to explain a little further.
In the mid configuration, the distance between the back of my Spektrum S6070 low profile servo and the forward edge of the motor bulkhead is sufficient to accommodate a full size 2S BRCA liPo BUT there will be no more room on the chassis plate for your Rx or your ESC. Therefore, to fit a full size stick LiPo in the mid car, you will need to make up a radio plate that would double up as a battery retaining plate which you would have to remove to get the batteries out. It can be done so yes, it will fit - but it is not straight forward.

However

The Mid Car will accommodate normal saddle pack lipos and leave enough room to fit your radio equipment (depending on the size of your servo, Rx and Esc) but in testing, we have successfully mounted a low profile servo (Spektrum S6070) and the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro with a Spektrum SR3520 micro receiver ALL in front of the Saddle Pack Battery. Moving either the Receiver or the Esc to mount on the angled face of the motor bulkhead will yield more room for the remaining equipment being mounted on the chassis - but it is your choice.

Lastly - the 96mm short stick LiPo can be used if you wish - and you have enough room to fit all of your electronics on the chassis plate.

I was running the 96mm short LiPo at Maritime where I was taking an average of 1200mAh per run out of the pack - so the 'small' capacity size of 3800mAH should not be an issue for our race durations.

What the short battery offers is more opportunity to use the battery to alter your weight distribution slightly because it enables you to be more creativ with your RC install. It is not however a necessary option for the car - but I like it because it looks cool and works well.

So I hope I didn't mislead anyone at the weekend? My car was running the 96mm short battery - not a full size stick. To run a full size stick, you would need to mount your ESC and receiver on a plate that you will have to make up to fit across the top of your battery in the cab area of the bodyshell.

In the rear motor configuration, obviously there is more room and everything fits no problem.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask - I will try to help out where I can.

As for last weekend - the car was awesome but my thumbs were rubbish. Kit Jones ran my car in the A-final and was very happy although nervous with it. I should have optimised the setup better but I was too busy having fun with my XXX-SCT

Last edited by Gnarly Old Dog; 02-03-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Sorry - don't want to mislead anyone but Kit did say that he felt faster with it. Cheers for pointing out my indiscretion
Old 02-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Thanks Gnarly

Assume if we made a battery brace/top deck suitable there is enough room in the shell height wise for the ESC and R/X to be mounted?

Neil
Old 02-03-2011

Within reasons - but yes.
The depth of the windows will give you an idea as to how much height you have to play with since the cab design is such that the batteries are only a couple of mm higher than the side pods of the body - depending of course on the height of your batteries.
By my guesstimations, you have just under 35mm to play with - so if you figure 2mm for a carbon plate, then anything that is about 30mm tall would fit - 25mm to be sure.

You have about 35-40mm width wise and of course, about 70mm length wises so you could fit your Rx forward of the ESC on any custom top deck as your Rx is unlike to be as tall as your Esc.

You'd need to figure out mounting posts for the top deck etc etc - but I believe it could happen if you have the will and desire to make it so.

Due to the design of the body - you have the max cab height in the area immediately forward of the motor bulkhead (no BullDog here) - and the roofline has a air vent hole/scoop (with cut lines - well at least on our prototypes they have cut lines) in this area so you could increase cooling in the right area if need be.
Old 10-03-2011

Hi,

here is the user manual :
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...022_manual.PDF

from TRL site :
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...022_manual.PDF

the blank setup sheet :
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...etup_sheet.pdf

Last edited by Oops; 10-03-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: add blank setup sheet and manual from TLR site links