Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 19-01-2013

Default What pinion please

Hi guys, can someone please tell me what pinion is best to run on a 22? I will be using it mainly indoor? I come from 1/8 nitro and haven't a clue with these electric things! I think it's the standard sper 76 tooth, where is best place to get one from also cheers
Old 19-01-2013

Hi there, bit difficult to help you pick apinion without knowing what turn of motor you are using and knowing how big the track is. But I run a 21 tooth pinion on a 76 tooth spur gear on a Dynamite DPS 6.5T motor (that gear ratio is for a straight length of roughly 25m). If you use a higher turn motor maybe go up on the pinion size (so 7.5 go to a 22 tooth pinion) but it does very much depend on the length of the straight.

All good model shops should carry pinions, get a small range so you can go up or down depending on whe you are running.

Hope this helps to get you going.

Chris
Old 19-01-2013

Also, on page 33 of the manual there is a guide as to what pinion to start on for different turn motors, might be worth having a look for a starting point too.
Old 19-01-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazo View Post
Hi guys, can someone please tell me what pinion is best to run on a 22? I will be using it mainly indoor? I come from 1/8 nitro and haven't a clue with these electric things! I think it's the standard sper 76 tooth, where is best place to get one from also cheers
It's really hard to say specifically, especially not knowing what kind or size motor you're running - but my advice would be to reference the gear ration chart on Page 33 of your Owner's Manual, that will give you a good starting point.... and then fine tune from there depending on the track you're running.
Old 19-01-2013

Default Thanks

Thanks for reply guys, I'm runing a 10.5 motor but I will have a look in manual