Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 02-09-2014

Default Indoor micro track @ South West Indoor RC

Hi guys i hope this is ok to post in this section , i thought it would be good as it targets any micro owners/racers

Ive recently opened a new indoor carpet track in Cornwall (PL14 3PU) called 'South West Indoor RC' and now that we have our first month of weekly meets under our belt i thought i would try and get some of the smaller scale / micro owners interested

We currently have a good turn out of drivers each week, usually around 15 racers, last week we had 17 cars racing over 3 classes, 2wd 10th electric, Vintage and a micro class. The track is set up nice and wide and the 2wd 10th's have really really good battles each week, the finals are very close and make very good viewing but the track is also extremely good for micro cars too! I myself am a Losi Mini 8 owner and the track is brilliant for this scale, we have had a few of these round but i would love to be able to get a few more micro drivers

The track itself is very fast and flowing and incorporates some slippery floor sections, a wall ride, a table top, a few shallow 'woop's' and to finish it off a nice 65ft straight

If anyone with 1/14th scale or smaller is interested in coming and joining in on a race night then come down . We race EVERY Thursday from 6.30pm to 10.30pm whatever the weather and everyone who comes to race are a real friendly bunch

We use a MyLaps RC4 Timing system and also have handout transponders on race night for anyone who doesn't have a personal transponder . There's a large pit area with lighting and full power for charging etc

We are very easy to get to and find, just a 1 min drive off the A38 near Liskeard. Around 20 mins from Plymouth and the same from Bodmin. We have secure parking and a toilet on site

Please take a look at out Face Book page in the link below for pictures and vids from the race nights. Give it a LIKE if your feeling generous

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...3948047?ref=hl

Racer @ South West Indoor RC

Link above

Last edited by MattV6; 02-09-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2014
Mad Member

Hi Matt

Great to see new clubs popping up running Micro's. Have a look at www.microrcracer.com as well, we can set you up a club section if needed

Also if you are not aware we have Round 2 of the BRCA Micro National Series in Torbay so down you neck of the woods, it would be good to get some of you guys along if you don't already do the series
Old 04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Hi Matt

Great to see new clubs popping up running Micro's. Have a look at www.microrcracer.com as well, we can set you up a club section if needed

Also if you are not aware we have Round 2 of the BRCA Micro National Series in Torbay so down you neck of the woods, it would be good to get some of you guys along if you don't already do the series
Hi Jonesy many thanks for the link, i will sign up later and have a look on the site. A club section would be brilliant

We have a few 1/18 scale cars that come along and myself and another member have a mini 8 so in total at the moment we can run 5 in a heat. The 2wd 10th electric kind of promote themselves as so many people run them but the Micro class is something i really want to look into and try and get some more drivers down who race them

Torbay isn't that far I think some of the 2wd electric guys go to Torbay, i'm not sure if they run any micro's? I keep meaning to find some time and come to Torbay. I am definitely up for the trip, i will ask tonight and see what people are saying. I think Torbay's around an 1 hour from here, in this part of the work thats literally just round the corner lol.

I will sign up onto the mirco forum later, thank you for the link

Racer @ South West Indoor RC

Link above
Old 07-09-2014
Shaktar

We have a club for micros every Friday at St. Paul's in Paignton, racing starts at 7:30 till about 10.