Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JQ Products

Old 29-08-2012
Mad Member

Default JQ A big thank you.

I would like to say a big thank you to JQ for helping me with my MP9 Kyosho, He gave me longer out drives for my car after the drive shafts would not stay in. It is a TKI 2 built to kit spec and wouldn't keep the the drive shafts in the tolerances are too close. JQ saved the day when I couldn't get any real help from camp Kyosho and the shop didn't have any longer shafts.

I was very pleased and grateful for JQ's help as without him my first proper Nitro meet would have ended in disaster and I probably would have sold all my gear Tuesday being throughly disheartened with what should be one of the best cars and no support from a company that I have spent lots and lots of money with, running 4 Kyosho cars and All Orion Gear. Very very disappointed.

Yet JQ helped me for free with no vested interest and took the time to check the car, measure the car and give me advice which the other guys couldn't even look at.
Old 29-08-2012
Administrator

Nice one mate, JQ is a very friendly and helpful chap.
Old 29-08-2012

"THE" top bloke ..... You know where to drop your next wedge then Kris.
Old 29-08-2012
Mad Member

It is sad that Kyosho are less than interested with the adverage club driver. A real thorn in there side as it is the normal giys that plough the money into the company is it not. But as long as they are winning lots then I guess the mere mortals have to go whistle.
Old 29-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
I would like to say a big thank you to JQ for helping me with my MP9 Kyosho, He gave me longer out drives for my car after the drive shafts would not stay in. It is a TKI 2 built to kit spec and wouldn't keep the the drive shafts in the tolerances are too close. JQ saved the day when I couldn't get any real help from camp Kyosho and the shop didn't have any longer shafts.

I was very pleased and grateful for JQ's help as without him my first proper Nitro meet would have ended in disaster and I probably would have sold all my gear Tuesday being throughly disheartened with what should be one of the best cars and no support from a company that I have spent lots and lots of money with, running 4 Kyosho cars and All Orion Gear. Very very disappointed.

Yet JQ helped me for free with no vested interest and took the time to check the car, measure the car and give me advice which the other guys couldn't even look at.

Really I know one of our guys who had the exact same problem with a front driveshaft popping out his MP9 went over to the same (I presume camp Kyosho!!) and Mike Cradock explained how he needed to shim his front driveshaft inboard more to reduce the chance of it happenening again, this obviously worked without any other modifications to the car and he was pleased with the help he got.
Old 29-08-2012
Mad Member

My front shafts still came out even with the diffs being shimmed correctly. smashed front and rear out drives to bits and turned a rear driveshaft into a corkscrew. With the diffs shimmed correctly there was still very little driveshaft in the outdrive and still came out. JQ outdrives cured the whole problem. Only speaking from personal experience.

Having said all that. At a quiet clanfield meet Elliot was very kind and tuned my engine for me, I had just hoped for more help and advice this weekend with such a strong kyosho presence.
Old 29-08-2012

Quote:

Quote:
It is sad that Kyosho are less than interested with the adverage club driver. A real thorn in there side as it is the normal giys that plough the money into the company is it not. But as long as they are winning lots then I guess the mere mortals have to go whistle.
Quote:
My front shafts still came out even with the diffs being shimmed correctly. smashed front and rear out drives to bits and turned a rear driveshaft into a corkscrew. With the diffs shimmed correctly there was still very little driveshaft in the outdrive and still came out. JQ outdrives cured the whole problem. Only speaking from personal experience.

Having said all that. At a quiet clanfield meet Elliot was very kind and tuned my engine for me, I had just hoped for more help and advice this weekend with such a strong kyosho presence.
just spoken to Mike cradock as it didnt sound like the sort of thing he would do and this is what he had to say

"you came over to me 3 times for advice, i advised you the car was set up incorrectly and informed you how to adjust it back properly, the driveshafts were shimmed to far out and you needed to bring them in more, you also had the wrong rear shafts in completely from a different model which didnt help, I gave you advice on set up and what changes to make and also spoke to you later on to make sure it had worked ok, you also had the rear inserts in the wrong position which made the rear track to wide which is opposite to the manual which calls for a short rear track width, i came over after to check all was ok and you told me it was all sorted, i took this to be the case and that you had sorted it all out, i also knew that john legg from Apex models was helping you to make the changes that i advised you to make, i was personally under pressure preparing 5 cars for this meeting but still took time out to help, Had you come over during practise i could of spent much more time to look the car over fully rather than in the middle of qualifying and as i said john legg was there to ensure you did it correctly (he knows how to build cars), I feel a bit aggreaved by your post despite my efforts but even after this if you want to send me your car i will personally go through it and make sure it is built as per the manual and not as you presume it should be, i also want to thank JQ for his help and admire him for his work also and regard him as a stand up member of the RC community as i also regard myself to be.

regards Mike Cradock"

as i said this is from mike but he has lost his log in details and he will confirm the post asap

Last edited by slow coach; 29-08-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 30-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

K
The Kyosho Team is far from like that mate like I said after the meeting.
I think Mike must of just been caught at a wrong moment or something for you to feel that way.
It is extremely difficult ay track side sometimes as you know with myself in 10th.
If you want to get your car ti Mike via me then no problem - text me

PS - we all love JQ
Old 30-08-2012
Mad Member

Well JQ is a top bloke and like a lot of RC guys will help others when they can!
JQ knows the cars well from when he drove the kyosho so its no surprise he knows what you need to get them running.

I think that RX is a tough class especially if you are new! Mike will offer to build anyone a car! that's not something that that can be valued! I think if you have a problem at a race its not easy to solve, better to do what you can at trackside then find out why and how to fix! we are here to help and advise!
Its a shame you decided to blurt out your frustrations here!
Racing can you leave you on a high or extremely dissapointed its how you cope with both that defines you!!!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 30-08-2012
Mad Member

I've far from "blurted out my frustration" I have tried to keep factual and to the point. I will reply to this further but am contplating my response. It is an opinion as many of these things are and we are all entitled to them, and it is also how I felt on the day. I'm entitled to both feelings and opinions, am I not?

The reason that I was so disappointed is that I really love the brand and tell everyone how fantastice my 1/10th electric stuff is.
Old 30-08-2012
Mad Member

I am sorry you dont like the word Blurt but This is what i class as a Blurt and not a factual statement.

"It is sad that Kyosho are less than interested with the adverage club driver. A real thorn in there side as it is the normal giys that plough the money into the company is it not. But as long as they are winning lots then I guess the mere mortals have to go whistle. "

There are lots of drivers out there that we have helped who are beginners, Mike has spent Many hours building Kits for customers, giving free time at the track to help and advise on set ups and maintainence. He recently took a days holiday and spent most of it at Herts doing just that!

I think its unfair to make a post which is just not based on the truth but your one bad expericence and understanding. Mike is one of the most well known and respected Guys on the Racng scene and has looked after hundreds of drivers from begginers to World champions. Just ask anyone at the track running kyosho and they will vouch for him.

I advise to consider the very generous offer Mike made of re-building your car for you!! it will help you more than any other could offer! With his help you can relax and enjoy trouble free racing.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 30-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

I thought this was a thank you thread to JQ and not a complaint to Kyosho.

What happened was unfortunate Kristian and like I said it totally out of the ordinary and very unusual as pointed out by Neil above.

Mate, Mike has been with Kyosho for over 20 years and if there is anyone that helps all the time, its him.

Come over to the house and bring me your car........let Mike have it for a few days ........... the rest will be history......
Old 30-08-2012

I was at proline and the help Mike Cradock gave me was fantastic.

I had never met him before and just stuffed my kyosho in his face and ask him to take a look, even though he was busy trying to get 3 - 4 cars ready he still made the time to look at my car, gave me setup help an even tuned my engine

I popped a front drive shaft and was told to shim it, which I did and never had another problem (did three finals on Monday)
Old 30-08-2012

It sounds as the facts are, the factory team guys told you what to do but couldn't! Really be bothered to oversee the job for you , but jq with no vested interest took time out to actually do it for you,
Mate that Is priceless to the average club joe who is feeling his way round the nitro scene, put your money in the right car next time.
Hope you enjoy your nitro racing bud, good luck in the future.
Old 30-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-p View Post
It sounds as the facts are, the factory team guys told you what to do but couldn't! Really be bothered to oversee the job for you , but jq with no vested interest took time out to actually do it for you,
Mate that Is priceless to the average club joe who is feeling his way round the nitro scene, put your money in the right car next time.
You may have just hit the nail on the head. I was so disheartened with the situation and the buggy I needed to be guided through the process with an exPert..

But even when Apex's John Legg helped me shim and check my diff the car still threw driveshafts.
Old 30-08-2012

Im pritty shocked to hear this tbh as I know alot of the Kyosho team seem to be very helpful. And heard lots about Mike helping people out at the track, its a real shame you had such big issues. I may get attacked for saying this, but did you not think about running the car before Proline-A very big meeting.. when you need everything to be working 100%.
I know sometimes these things cant be helped, but spending 10 mins running the buggy at a track or over a few bumps/jumps you could have then spotted the issue. And tried to resolve it before Proline. If you did that then I take that back, but I would have wanted to try the buggy before Proline if it was brand new-But thats my view. Hope you get it sorted though!
Old 30-08-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

I think they were telling you to shim the drive shafts inwards at the axles chef, just to clarify as you keep mentioning shimming the diff correctly. Anyway I hope you have better luck next time mate.
Old 31-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-p View Post
I dont really think its a case of couldn't be bothered but perhaps more a case of just didnt have the available time! whereas JQ working on one car obviously did.
Old 31-08-2012
Mad Member

I feel that this topic should be put to bed and allow to sleep

Firstly Mike & JQ are fantastic people along with everyone who goes to meetings and what has been said has been said and should be put to bed.

Also feel that people that were not even at the proline International how can they possibly coment on what went on who helped who it is a very difficult sistuation to comment on

All the guys & lasses that race are all good and great and willing to help in the sport/hobby and things like this do not do any justice for the sport/hobby or person involved;

Without the help determination and everything else i would have not raced myself at this event due to coming out of plaster for 7 weeks and in a full leg brace and on crutches you were all bloody great to enable me to race for 3 days

LOVE YA ALL XX

It is times like this when i am glad to be a part of the rc world you surely gave it your 100% to make this weekend possible for me to get back in my racing after 2 months out

Some will agree some will not thats your personnal choice
Old 01-09-2012

I also was running an 'out of the box' MP9 (TKI3) and the drive shafts are a well known 'quirk' that has a number of solutions (shims, longer shafts, different diff O/P cups). I only found this out after finding the same issues on my 1/8th electric MP9 a few weeks before and asking around various drivers, so I had time to check and prepare before the Pro-Line. Preperation is everything!

Yes it's a shame we all had issues with new cars, but my 1/10th fell to bits loads before it worked long enough to finish a days racing....and now never gets used.

These are just toy cars and like life you have to find friends and fellow racers that you get on with...regardless of who they drive for. But big race days are not the best time for many with lots going on.

Thumbs up for JQ for helping you out on the day.