Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > Wanted

Old 04-01-2016

Default Ko esprit 3 throttle unit

I have a Ko esprit 3 transmitter and the throttle has stopped working. I purchased a new throttle pot and had somebody to solder it onto the circuit board. It still does not work. I've noticed where the pot sits inside there is a small black plastic ring that is broken.

Has anybody a complete throttle unit or a damaged spare or repair transmitter for sale?

Cheers
Old 05-01-2016

Might not be of much help to you, but the throttle units are the same on the older Esprit 2 units, So if you can pick one of those up off Ebay for a good price you can steel the parts.

I have broken a pot before and done this. Hope that helps.
Old 05-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kenny View Post
Might not be of much help to you, but the throttle units are the same on the older Esprit 2 units, So if you can pick one of those up off Ebay for a good price you can steel the parts.

I have broken a pot before and done this. Hope that helps.
If it IS the same then they are as rare as Rocking Horse Farts , I couldn't find any anywhere!
Old 07-01-2016
Admin

Complete gimble units are still available direct from KO Japan. One of our club members ordered some not that long ago.
Old 07-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Contact KO Japan: infow@kopropo.co.jp

Ask for a replacement Throttle gimbal, mine were JPY2000 (about £12) + shipping cost.

I paid with paypal and ordered a pair, and they arrived in less than a week.

They shipped via EMS, so it was subject to customs fees and extra handling fees from UPS or DHL (can't recall), which I had to pay before they released it, unfortunately.

I think it was about £50 for both gimbals once I had them in hand.

If doing it again I'd request that they didn't ship via EMS, as I have since found out they are always subject to customs and fees. Ask for alternative shipping to EMS.

hope that helps.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------