Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 29-03-2009

Default 2009 National Indoor Finals - Cancelled

It is with some regret that I have to announce the cancellation of the National Indoor Finals 2009 to be held at York next weekend (4/5th April).

In view of the low level of entries for the event it was simply not viable for the Club to meet venue costs and the catering providers reasonable expectations. Consequently, rather than run at a loss the club, in consultation with the BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section, have decided to cancel the event.

The official notice of cancellation will appear shortly on the BRCA 1/10th Off-Road web-page but in an attempt to inform the maximum number of entrants as soon as possible this post will proceed that publication.

Regional reps will of course refund all entry fees paid.

Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.
Old 29-03-2009
oOple Advertiser

Real Shame! I bet there are several people wishing that they had booked in for the Players instead now.......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 29-03-2009
BANNED

It's a shame; I'm starting to get 'late' entries now.

Maybe it's a bit of a wake up call to these meetings needing entries earlier so the meeting can be confirmed

Cheques I have will be destroyed.

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 29-03-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Its super sad feel sorry for york more than anything the money made from a national is a great help to any club but also the feeling you get from running a successful national is awsome. I wanted to come but couldnt get the day off work.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 29-03-2009
oOple Advertiser

Sad for the club....from an older head and maybe a different opinion, these indoor events are scheduled far too late....for sure racers want to get outdoors now and an April date is not the way to go.....no doubt a lot of people would not agree but it's a thought for next years plan.....
Old 29-03-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Sad for the club....from an older head and maybe a different opinion, these indoor events are scheduled far too late....for sure racers want to get outdoors now and an April date is not the way to go.....no doubt a lot of people would not agree but it's a thought for next years plan.....
Totally agree!! I dont think im the only one who wants to be racing outdoors now...
Old 30-03-2009
Mad Member

Default Finals

Think it is just a bad year in general. Number of things:

York expensive for accommondation when I looked for the family
Too late in the year as outdoor season has started
Credit crunch means money is not so much available
Distance some have to travel
2 day event means away for whole weekend

And i'm sure this is only a few excuses, like I said just a bad year
Old 30-03-2009
Lee-Mag

I was thinking about low entries last night and then to wake up to this is a bit of a shock.
It seems to be a bit of the same across all sections, the TYRO series has been cancelled, the players looked down on numbers, IF's cancelled. I have a feeling our national series may suffer, but obviously i dont know the facts about our national series, it is only a gut feeling, i hope i am wrong.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 30-03-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

This would be two seasons in a row, that the finals have been held in the north East of the country...

Seems sensible for next year to have a more central location perhaps?

After going to Worksop last year, I was definately put off going this year, due to the distance to travel...
Old 30-03-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
This would be two seasons in a row, that the finals have been held in the north East of the country...

Seems sensible for next year to have a more central location perhaps?

After going to Worksop last year, I was definately put off going this year, due to the distance to travel...

Depending on which venues apply for the IF's, depends where the meeting is held. If clubs from further south don't apply, they don't get. (I don't know who applied though).

I think like other people have posted, the low entry is down to many things, not just one in particular.

Shame the IF's are cancelled though, but no point in running a meeting if entries too low to run the meeting economically.

More prep time for the Neo and watching Button kick some more A##!