Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 28-06-2012

Default Cat SX2- what battery do you use?

Hi all, there is a similar thread on here somewhere but it hasn't helped much. I have just bought a second hand Cat SX2 which came with 1 Trakpower lipo. I want to buy a few more batteries for the car but I'm struggling to find something that I am confident will fit. Can I please ask all Cat SX2 drivers what batteries do you use? Ideally I'd like something readily available in the uk so I can get them delivered soon.

Thanks for your help.

Max
Old 28-06-2012

Hi Max,

I recently asked the same question on here but it really came down to just trying the LiPo's I had. I recently brought a second hand Cat SX2 and the LiPo's I were using in my Cougar SV fit fine, Losi Xcelorin 6000mah stick packs:

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/LOSB9877.html

They do run however extremely close the the pulleys and belt, yet I've run the car for a whole meeting and numerous practices at my local track and they have been fine, and no signs of rubbing on the LiPo atall. Although clear of the main belt and pulleys, I had to tape a small amount of packing to the back of my steering servo to ensure that the LiPo didn't get pushed to far into the chassis, as it would then rub the underside of the front belt which drops down over the belt tensioner behind the servo area.

Hope this helps!

Alex
Old 28-06-2012

How odd I also run a set of these in al cougar!! Mine have very slightly puffed (they went back to losi who said they we'd fine) and I can't get them to sit without rubbing the belt!! Hmmm

Overlander quote some of their hard cases as 24mm tall so I might have to try one of them.
Old 28-06-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

look on the brca web site, all legal batterys are listed inc sizes, matty ran the gm 5400 45c ones, they fit perfect
http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...20v1%20pdf.pdf
Old 28-06-2012

I think if mine began to puff then that would be that, would be a case of new LiPo's as I don't think there would be any more room. Before getting the car and trying for myself, these are the cells I would have brought had mine not fit:

http://www.jespares.com/electric-mod...tegory_id=1168

According to the BRCA list, these are pretty thin and space shouldn't be an issue! You may wish to double check though!

Other than that, I was considering an Xcelorin Shorty LiPo but the only downside was the capacity, I wasn't sure if they would last. They would fit under the belts and I could have manoeuvred them away from the area around the front belt where I was having trouble.

Alex
Old 29-06-2012

I used these (see link)in my SX2 and they fit perfectly. Best place to buy lipo from IMO, best bang from your £££, but they can take a while to arrive. However, I ordered a spare about a month ago to run at the regional’s and it only took 4 days

I've used this pack every week for a whole year and no issues.

http://www.speedpowerrc.com/v2/en/pr...F000008&c=LIPO
Old 30-06-2012

I'm running an SX2 as well - and I'm wondering, everyone that's quoted any lipo's like the GM's etc, are you running washers under the gearbox mounts??

I can't get these size batteries to fit, not even close to it! 24mm for me is the max I can fit, so limits me to 30C type lipos...would love to jam in some decent ones but they just don't fit!
Old 30-06-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentikka25 View Post
I'm running an SX2 as well - and I'm wondering, everyone that's quoted any lipo's like the GM's etc, are you running washers under the gearbox mounts??

I can't get these size batteries to fit, not even close to it! 24mm for me is the max I can fit, so limits me to 30C type lipos...would love to jam in some decent ones but they just don't fit!
gm 45c lipos are 23mm thick
so yes you can get more than 30c in there easily
Old 06-07-2012

If the cells clear the pulley they should clear the belt.
There should be a belt guide fitted between the front bulkheads that lifts the belt clear of the cells.
Check that this is present and fitted correctly.
Old 13-07-2012

Thanks bigred, I'll check those out
Old 07-08-2012

I use some awesome 5000mah 45c Zippy 2s, from Hobbyking, £15 for 1! I don't think you can get better value! Great packs also only 19mm fit real nice