Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 29-10-2013

Default DEX 410 v3 steering issues

Hi all

raced at storm valley at the weekend and had some issues with the steering on both cars, we use the standard plastic servo arms and was wondering what others use ?. 1 car was pulling to the left and I think it could be a servo issue, but the other seemed to strip the servo arm after a crash. Not really had a major look at the issues yet but somewhere in the back of my mind I remember people saying there are issues with the servo savers on these cars. Any help and advice appreciated.

steve
Old 29-10-2013

If your servo is fine, it sounds like your servo horn has slightly stripped out and moved over a couple teeth. Things you can do to reduce/remove the issue are replacing the servo horn with an aluminium one, loosening your servo saver or stop crashing(I haven't figured out how to do this yet)

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com
Old 29-10-2013

Go with the aluminium servo horn and
upgrade servo saver crank too.

http://www.redrc.net/2010/10/tresrey...o-saver-crank/

During last 3 years with the DEX410 I've also learned the hard way to use standard sized servos, not the low profile ones.
Old 29-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiR View Post
During last 3 years with the DEX410 I've also learned the hard way to use standard sized servos, not the low profile ones.
I would add - never use a low profile servo in any 4wd buggy it's not worth the risk.
Old 29-10-2013
Mad Member

Deffo recommend a quality full size metal geared servo, alloy servo horn and alloy servo saver crank to maximise reliability of your steering setup. Make sure that you set the spring tension correctly too. HTH
Old 29-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulj View Post
I would add - never use a low profile servo in any 4wd buggy it's not worth the risk.
My servo's - never had a problem:
S9550
S9551
BLS551

Do recommend changing the plastic to Ali saver.
Old 30-10-2013

Cheers Guys for the responses, Ive got decent servo's Ace 1015 in, I will get an ali servo horn and will look at the aluminium servo saver option, but will probably have to stop crashing as much, and thats the hard part eh !!!!
Old 30-10-2013

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

I've used a KO2413 in my DEX410 since I started running the DEX410.

I've never felt the need to put a full size servo in the car, I've also run the KO RSX One-ten low profile and never had any issues with either.

Adding the alloy servo saver arm is a good upgrade for indoor racing and braving the outdoors in the colder months.

The more aluminium parts you throw at the steering assembly, the more crucial the servo saver setting is. You have less 'flex' in other components between the impact and the servo so the chance of damage does increase. Something somewhere has to give ultimately in a big enough crash, it depends what you want to 'repair'.

Having said that i run the KO alloy horn also. You really need a horn that has a centre to centre distance of 19.0mm maximum otherwise you'll foul the centre dogbone.