Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk > Aero Racing

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2007

Lee you should not have said that.

now everyone knows what time you get up lol lazy boy!!!!
Old 25-04-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Man, this smacks of sour grapes to be honest, he did sell the concept in January 2007, but not to Aero...s o who did he sell it to? Was it under patent or patent pending?

And they have stated that the car ISNT a Durango, and a new car, so they ain't exactly using the Durango name to sell it, merely to point out that it isn't one.
Old 25-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy truman View Post
Lee you should not have said that.

now everyone knows what time you get up lol lazy boy!!!!
And it was only because i woke him up
Old 25-04-2007

you woke the beast aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i think this should all be settled with school yard rules lol

fight fight fight fight fight
Old 25-04-2007
LeeOtard

fight fight fight!
Old 25-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy truman View Post
you woke the beast aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i think this should all be settled with school yard rules lol

fight fight fight fight fight
Sod that - Buunnndddlllllleee
Old 25-04-2007
Admin

Quote" Gerd Strenge states, that he has actually sold the Durango project to another company at the start of 2007"

If this is correct, are we to believe the "Durango" will be marketed officially by someone else

Where does that leave Aero ??
Old 25-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Sod that - Buunnndddlllllleee

who do we bundle? lol lol
Old 25-04-2007

Even if they did copy the car (not saying that they have) its not like it have never been done before Lots of companies take other cars, run them, make parts for them and make it better. Then make a car and sell it. Don't you think that the HB looks a little like the Jconcepts car. The yokomo also has a stunt double out there...

The Fact is that Aero know what is going on and so will Gerd.
Old 25-04-2007

I've had a think about this situation. For starters it's a horrible situation. But how secret would the Aero group have to be for Mr. Durango to not notice that an 'homage' to his design was being designed, built and tested in the next country over. Surely given how competitive it is, it would need a lot of testing at tracks in front of people who would surely have got off a few 'spy shots' that would be on the innernet in hours. Or at the very least rumour and 'buzz' would be generated about the car. Why has he chosen now to release the statement?

Elliott.
Old 25-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
And it was only because i woke him up
Did he steal the duvet or something?

Just how close are you 2? Is he your special friend.?

(dutch voice) he ish my partner, AND my lover.

Old 25-04-2007

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Its not only the design thats close (or the same as) the Durango, its the fact that Aero are saying that it has full backing from Gerd when clearly, it hasn't.

As stated previously, thats very illegal, if I was Aero I'd be on the phone to some very good solicitors ASAP.
Old 25-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose View Post
Did he steal the duvet or something?

Just how close are you 2? Is he your special friend.?

(dutch voice) he ish my partner, AND my lover.

Sorry to crush your little fantasy but i actually called him to let him know (just to clear it up)
Old 25-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
Its not only the design thats close (or the same as) the Durango, its the fact that Aero are saying that it has full backing from Gerd when clearly, it hasn't.

As stated previously, thats very illegal, if I was Aero I'd be on the phone to some very good solicitors ASAP.
"if" that's true of course...... until Bob / Aero explain it's all speculation really.
Old 25-04-2007
Mad Member

It would be great for someone at Aero to comment on all this, i only say that as i have looked at pre order list and im pretty sure by the name thats on there this will end up becoming stupid!!!
It has taken long time for all this to come out ???
Old 25-04-2007

old man been let out again
Tis a slow day today

I am sure Aero is working very hard to sort the problem out indeed if there is one, It is a shame that the subject has been put in the public domain this sort of thing should happen behind closed doors, between the partys involved.
Old 25-04-2007

Default Statement

To everyone who is interested,

This is a one time reaction on the multiple posts that have been spread today about the Aero Company. We were very surprised to see these kinds of accusations on the internet. As you all know the internet is a fantastic medium but it can also be abused in an awful way, this last thing is what happened today. As you probably saw there were accusations about stealing a car and abusing someone’s name as a designer. In the normal world it’s appropriate that you first find some prove and then accuse someone of something, but when you do this in a decent and civilized way you do this in front of a court, and not via the internet (were everybody can post what he/she wants).

We leave some questions open so that the people themselves can think about these:

This is a brand new company, it takes a lot of guts and a lot of thinking and studying to get something started in the real world (especially the r/c world). It also costs a lot of money! Would someone take the risk of losing all their invested money and their honour by stealing something and start a business on this basis?

This project is supported by a University; do you think a University approves a project in 5 minutes? Without checking how businesses and contracts are arranged? Don’t you think with this kind of projects you have to persuade a jury to get their support?

If you where in the shoes of the designer and (suppose) you saw your car that was being built by someone else (suppose: without an agreement) and winning a big race, would you wait 2 weeks until the pre-order list (with a lot of orders!) is online to react and claim it has been stolen?

We find this a very sad business that all the websites are making this public without checking out the information (which is very heavy accusations and trying to destroy a young and ambitious company).

We try to handle business in a way of decency and moral ethics. Accusations, lies and jealousy are not part of that; this kind of proper business seems to be odd to some. We also want to say that websites and reporters are due to have a moral code which involves a check and double check of their sources before making any news public, we hope every reporter has done this. Spreading news that isn’t true is also illegal. We hope everyone who spread the rumour will have the decency to put this letter online.

We know who put this onto the net and we wish them a lot of luck in the future. We can only say that this is not our way of doing business and we won’t participate in that low level of business. If someone is thinking they are in their rights they can always go to court, we on the other hand try to answer on the race track and building proper cars for serious racers.

Best regards,

Aero racing
Old 25-04-2007

Default well said

Aero company have replied to all you doubters
goes to show what a good company they will be to deal with in the future
and I wish them every success in their venture
Old 25-04-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

there is one thing. on this forum you are adament that the car is not a durango and is completely different and developed yet on your website it said it is a durango but with a different name quoted.... "Actually nothing will change except the name. SAME CAR - DIFFERENT NAME" [that was before the text was changed] also you said you werent aloud to call it a durango because of the jeep car [also suggesting it is the same car just different name]. you say... "First of all it's not a dublicate! The concept idea is the same but the car will be in graphite with alu parts . Secondly we've made a lot of changes to the car, the steering is different, major changes to the geometrie (front and rear) etc..." even after saying it is the same car. its all very confusing.

then you also say.. to add to the arguement about buying rights or not buying rights.. "But we don't need to defend anything I guess, we bought the rights on the car and used the concept, quite simple
We talked about the idea with Gerd and if he was interested selling the designs, he agreed. That's how it all started..."

i also just noticed gerd's name is on the pre-order list [but im guessing someone is putting them on to start specualtion]

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 25-04-2007

I'm not going to start a thread to say this but, crazy old day huh, I bet the site's server could barely cope with all the traffic. I may or may not have been glued to Oople.com all day at work.

All I know is that there is a cracking new car out there whoever owns it.
Closed Thread