differant surfaces added but features left as they are 1 2.70%
differant features but suface left as it is 8 21.62%
move rostron back 1m from edge of track + re weld it 1 2.70%
build custom clubhouse with electric , no track mods 3 8.11%
nothing at all , bury is perfect as it is 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-2013
Gypsy Member

they would work as doubles i just drew them like that to show variation .
i like the qauds but think they would work better if they were a bit bgger by about 50 percent it would give more take off and landing space and allow you to flow through better
but two big doubles would be fun to so i drew them in as an option

the layout in that drawing is just to show some ideas i had all on one page , the space beetween them would be larger to
but bigger reprofiled features with some modifications would change the track a lot
sorry its not computer drawing but i think the sketchs show some ideas and give an idea of size
Old 31-07-2013

personally i think it woukd be better with perminant islands like the old track had, would work better i think if changes in height are going to be added
Old 31-07-2013
Mad Member

Yes definatley needing some white and red kurbs islands chevron type of thingy is a must

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 31-07-2013

I've drawn a bit of something up, very rough and bit of a guess as I don't know the size of the track. I'll try to tidy it a bit tomorrow and post it
Old 31-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
A committee meeting is to be held later this week to discuss all that is in this thread and the email suggestions we have received.

A schedule off all items will be drawn together by myself and discussed.
Can we wait for me to get back please? I'll be back a week on Sunday
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaddaz View Post
Loving the grass idea - having been privileged enough to have tried out many of Burys different tracks over the years, I must say that the current track although all one surface is infinitely better than the last purpose built one- yes a few changes could be made here and there but essentially you have a first class facility. From a personal perspective I would love to see more grass tracks - perhaps re- profile the table top that's in the wrong place and cover in grass and add some other areas of grass which can easily be skipped out in bad weather etc. With very little funds you could make the track better than anyone else's not trying to copy them - be your own club ( bury was certainly always that ). I look forward to a return to real outdoor racing as opposed to outdoor carpet racing with added lumps bumps and jumps.

Bury is my local club and I would love to go outdoor racing again but three things are preventing me from doing this

1 - racing is timed poorly and takes up a full day when half a day is all that's required ( the rest of the day can then be family time)

2 - why on earth would I want to race on carpet outdoors ( yes I mean astro turf)?

3 - most persons that take part in our hobby are also Motorsport fans and you seem to have a knack of clashing with the f1 which, with me now having to pay for the privilege to watch I certainly am not going to miss it

If you have the funds my suggested priority is addressing the lack of shelter on the rostrum.

I'm not currently a member but I am happy to help set up if you go down the grass route

Darren.
Are you from the 80's??......
Grass tracks died for a very good reason

1. They rut up very badly especially in sunny old bury where we get a lot of rain,

2. The cars get absolutely covered in shit if it rains. Now I don't know about you but I prefer not to fully rebuild my car every week
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 01-08-2013

Default Fraid not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post

Gavin, don't fret about us on your bloody honeymoon pal

The committee need to meet soonest to discuss what our members are clearly voicing on here. The rest of the committee are free this Friday so are getting on with it. I do know your thoughts, but by all means send me a PM with your points of view and I will relay them at the meeting.

All, there are some very positive points of view on here, even some pictures too. Rest assured we as a club are keen to continue to grow and as a committee we are all pretty much in agreement that the track, rostrum etc needs some further enhancements. We have the car park, I know we still need electricity, although we have survived with the genny.
I am still very much looking to get a purpose built rostrum, so any work here will need to be none too costly and temporary, The track is a priority, although again moving the rostrum back, subject to cost, is absolutely essential as its currently too close to the track.

Anyway, keep your ideas coming we will let you know our plans after the committee meeting on Friday.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

I'm not fretting I just want to be involved. Free wifi in the hotel innit pal, that combined with an iPhone is dangerous. Ok I'll leave it on your very capable hands boys i'll see you in the coming couple of weeks
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

I'm not fretting I just want to be involved. Free wifi in the hotel innit pal, that combined with an iPhone is dangerous. Ok I'll leave it in your very capable hands boys i'll see you in the coming couple of weeks
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

Forget the purpose built rostrum or moving the cabins this isn't keeping up with the jones's. no need for a roof on the rostrum if its to wet to race on then its to wet to stand up there anyway.
At the moment there's not much intrest by the local scumbags you put a roof on that rostrum and we will be turning up to race Sunday morning and having to evict the chavs out of the little party shelter you have built for them.
A rc club is all about the track. When we raced the Oople event last year we didnt come away and say "race control looked very nice" we came away and talked about the doubles and the hairpin its all about the track nothing else matters.

Any improvements you intend for race control will be discussed by the committee and put to the members at the agm. Don't waste time on this because I promise it's not what the members want.

If I started a thread "new race control" do you think it would have been any where near as popular as this one?

No !!!!!

Old 01-08-2013

I agree the rostrum does need moving back about 1 metre for better visibility though.
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

The visability I agree is a issue not a priority it can be resolved by not running the track into the corners hey presto everyone can see. No point spending to move it if we are having a new one in a few years after the track is finished.

Old 01-08-2013

Buds, you may have only read only some of my comments and not all!

I agree the track is what we all race on after all. I just see improvement opportunities alsewhere too! to be clear any new rostrum would have a contained and locked covered rostrum to keep out the locals.

Rest assured we as a club are keen to continue to grow and as a committee we are all pretty much in agreement that the track, rostrum etc needs some further enhancements........
I am still very much looking to get a purpose built rostrum, so any work here will need to be none too costly and temporary, The track is a priority.....

Anyway, keep your ideas coming we will let you know our plans after the committee meeting on Friday.

Darren[/QUOTE]

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

Do it proper and we only have to do it the once

Old 01-08-2013
Gypsy Member

Darren I have put a suggestion in to Si about a way to raise visibility and stop the banging roof and not have to move the cabin
He liked it a lot and its a simpler solution as
I will sketch it up
But pleases listen to the racers we all want a better track before a cabin or shelter
I do agree a new clubhouse/ rostron would be ace ,
But only when we got a track that deserves a palace being built next to it
Bmrcc needs more racers and a more challenging track
With that it will produce funds to do whatever we need
I will try to make it Friday to guys if work allows
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

poll added please vote people
so we have a rough idea of what wants doing and by how many

Old 01-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats silly.

Ask people what they want and they'll always say the track, because thats tangible. But it doesn't mean other things don't matter, its just that are more subtle.

Lets take race control / rostrum for an example. Now Rog was partially deaf which is probably the only reason he could cope in there - it sounds like having your head in a bucket whilst someone hits it with a hammer. There have been a couple of meetings where I've not been feeling 100% I've seriously thought about pack in early cos it gives me a banging headache. Eric complained about the same at the regional.
Now most drivers probably don't care about reducing the noise in race control so if asked where to spend money would never suggest that but they might be slightly upset to find that they have a lovely new track but nobody to run race meetings.......

Oh, and on a related subject: It occurred to me the club doesn't have as much money as we think. Because we (for sensible reasons like incompatibility with a lot of members transponders) did not upgrade our timing box to RC4 it is no longer supported by BBK. If it fails (unlikely but still possible) we would need to pay for a new RC4 unit at £1200 or more so we need at least that set aside or no timing.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-08-2013

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Sorry Gav, we need to get started on this, it wont happen in one meeting and will take a number of different discussions.

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Thats silly.

Ask people what they want and they'll always say the track, because thats tangible. But it doesn't mean other things don't matter, its just that are more subtle.

Lets take race control / rostrum for an example. Now Rog was partially deaf which is probably the only reason he could cope in there - it sounds like having your head in a bucket whilst someone hits it with a hammer. There have been a couple of meetings where I've not been feeling 100% I've seriously thought about pack in early cos it gives me a banging headache. Eric complained about the same at the regional.
Now most drivers probably don't care about reducing the noise in race control so if asked where to spend money would never suggest that but they might be slightly upset to find that they have a lovely new track but nobody to run race meetings.......

Oh, and on a related subject: It occurred to me the club doesn't have as much money as we think. Because we (for sensible reasons like incompatibility with a lot of members transponders) did not upgrade our timing box to RC4 it is no longer supported by BBK. If it fails (unlikely but still possible) we would need to pay for a new RC4 unit at £1200 or more so we need at least that set aside or no timing.

Seeing as were running off a genny, why not do race control outside.
If it looks like rain, small gazebo?
Old 01-08-2013
Mad Member

Buds it would be good also to move the rostrum back a few metres too, not so much for the corners but also when the car it directly infront of you like on this table top we're proposing you can't see past your transmitter
G Paint
Answer RC