Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-01-2010

Default New member & new club in North West

Didnt know where to put this but thought I would say HI
my name is Stevo Iam 31 and I work for rossendale models, I race mainly 1/5th scale off road and own my own engine tuning company.
I own a few large scale cars and Iam the uk team driver for elcon models and also mcd 4x4
I also have just bought my self a 1/10th scale b4 for some indoor fun and also a 1/8th scale hpi vorza for some electic racing this year.
Old 03-01-2010
Mad Member

Alright Stevo welcome to the site if you need any help you will find it here or I run a B4 so have limited skills on the B4. I live about two miles from Rossendale Models Richard is a top bloke but I dont go in enough because they dont stock 10th stuff. Is that there new wearhouse on the way to Rossendale they are doing well if it is.
Old 03-01-2010

Hello m8 yes thats the new kingcobra warehouse on burnley road, took some moving from the old one believe me lol, we are going to be starting an indoor club for a bit of fun on a tuesday night, and we will be stocking more 1/10th scale parts for the b4 etc etc and will look after anyone who needs anything.

Thanks for the welcome

Stevo
Old 03-01-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Bit strange question - where are you from - your name sounds more like middle european than British.

Anyway welcome on oople. Have fun here
Old 03-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Hello m8 yes thats the new kingcobra warehouse on burnley road, took some moving from the old one believe me lol, we are going to be starting an indoor club for a bit of fun on a tuesday night, and we will be stocking more 1/10th scale parts for the b4 etc etc and will look after anyone who needs anything.

Thanks for the welcome

Stevo
You will have to give me a heads up about the Tuesday nights sounds good. Good news about stocking more tenth stuff.
Old 04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Bit strange question - where are you from - your name sounds more like middle european than British.

Anyway welcome on oople. Have fun here

Iam british m8 born in liverpool, Stevo is a name I have always been known as from a young lad.
Old 04-01-2010
BANNED

Sounds like good news.
With the recent success of the Bury indoor series I expect you'll find local racers who will want some weekday evening club racing.

Where is the venue, I assume it's a little further up the road toward Crawshawbooth?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 04-01-2010

Hi Stevo,

good to see you over here fella.See ya trackside soon.
I see you got some fair times at The Pod with yer Diz-Astra recently,
Great wastegate chirps and Ian`s Kitten is quite rapid isn`t it!
nice one mate

Si
Old 04-01-2010
Gypsy Member

Default new nw club

good work boys i will be along to set up and rce think a few of the bury boys shouyld be along
Old 04-01-2010

Thanks for all the welcomes guys,

Twisty its running 100bhp more than it was at the pod now 351bhp and also had a quaife diff fitted so should see some better times, not bad for a van lol

The club is under construction and I will keep every one posted, we have somebody to do race control big thanks to him for helping out, we are not confirmed on the venue as off yet but will soon have it finalised, we have decided on a tuesday night as this does not clash with our main hobby 1/6th scale racing and also other clubs, we would also like to stock more 1/10 scale parts so some ideas would be good on what to stock etc

Stevo
Old 05-01-2010

When will racing at this new club start as I am a begginer but really want to get racing.

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 05-01-2010

We are hoping to have it up and running by the end of january early feb, I will keep posting our progress.
Old 05-02-2010

Ok guys here is the progress as promised,

We have just secured our hall for indoor racing, this will be held at alder grange high school and to start off will be the second and last weds of the month, so every 2 weeks, We are hoping to have the first meeting on the 10th march, this will be confirmed closer to the date but this is what we are proposing, The track will be timed and we will run the meeting as a race night so should be some great fun. We are just in the process of getting all our supplies ready and we would also like to know if anyone knows of any carpet that is for sale that we can add to our own if we need it. the format at the moment will be 2wd and 4wd 1/10th only and will be from approx 7pm - 10pm.

Stevo

For all your Durango/Kyosho/Team Associated/Losi/Schumacher Spares
Call 01706 250007 Ask for Stevo or Rik
For Trackside Support see Mark aka CWP
Old 05-02-2010

Hi Pal, awesome turn-a-round on finding the venue, times and dates sound cool, I am sure there will be a few of the Bury lad's interested in the mid week racing. NO 1/8 shame on you LOL.
Did that HB 16t pinion ever turn up??.
If i dont see ya before i will be at Bury end of the month (take it you'll have mini pins this time)

B-MAX4 - HB Ve8 - CAT SX - LOSI 8IGHT - ZX5-FS
Old 05-02-2010
Gypsy Member

Default nice

nice one i could only find a hall behind a pub. might not have been that easy to get round track. ill be setting up. jumps are on the wat
Old 05-02-2010

Default club..

nice one there stevo

i'll be on route in march for more indoor racing sounds like you have it all sorted and yeah some bury lads will deffo be there.
Just think i'll need to bring spares if johnny lad is setting up jumps lol
Old 05-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Never mind spares, bring a fire extinguisher if he's the course designer!

I'll have to do the calcs to see if I can make it but for a 7pm start should be doable.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 06-02-2010

Great stuff stevo. Thats close enough for me too. Ill be there on the 10th
Old 06-02-2010

I'll deffo be there on the 10th for my first ever race! What tyres will i need for carpet and lets hope i don't crash into everyone or kill my car!

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 06-02-2010

Most people use schumacher mini pins for carpet, we have them in stock why not give us a call 01706250007 ask for stevo or better still pop down.

Tyson we have the 1/8th mini pins in stock but only a few sets left they sold really fast give me a call and I will send them out to you, if not they should be in again in a few days, regarding the pinion it wil be in stock weds / thurs for you bud.

For all your Durango/Kyosho/Team Associated/Losi/Schumacher Spares
Call 01706 250007 Ask for Stevo or Rik
For Trackside Support see Mark aka CWP