Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

They are the only mail order place i've ever had problems with. And my god, it was a hell of a problem. Took weeks to get parts delivered. And weeks for it to arrive from the "warehouse".

No, i don't use them any more. Plenty of other places to use.
Old 10-02-2012

Well, I am on 3 forums with threads like this, you must be special,Je of course are very good well they better get my tyres here this morning. One thread on Maxbashing, Baja UK forum, and MSUK.

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 10-02-2012

I posted a thread on here a while back about how bad the service from wheel spin is and i got slated for saying so!!!

It is a shame as really only a handfull of uk based shops that are any good or true to their word..

We wonder why people shop over sea's
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlin View Post
lol wheelspin don't own a warehouse, that's there excuse that once you place the order they will then contact the Distributors and order the parts required for the sale

Could not agree anymore on this one

They feed you this bullshit over the phone to keep you on your toes and make it look really good to keep your custom

If any model shopd in th U.K have a warehouse besides they own shop then best of luck to them Wheelspin models place is a size of a warehouse already so why would they pay rent on another one work that 1 out
Old 10-02-2012

Wheelspin are 20 mins from my house but i never use them. They never seem to have stock of anything its either special order or in the "warehouse".

The showroom is massive but they are only interested in the bashers market i.e people who will buy a car, play with it till it breaks and then forget about it or bring it back to wheelspin so they can repair it for a fee.

Personnaly as i race 1/8 and 1/10 ive used Bolton Modelmart, MB models (current favorite!) and JEspares without any major issues, most stuff arrives in 1-2 days and postage is resonable or free with some items.
Old 10-02-2012

Mark down another tick for MB Models. Ross and Bally have always been super helpful to me, and I do try to use them for absolutley everything I can without paying massively over the odds for something I can get cheaper from Hong Kong.

DMS were brilliant the one time i had to use them, and JE Spares were also good the one time I had to use them. Avoid Modelsport, 2 orders, 2 orders messed up. Do not like.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 10-02-2012

Have read on wheelspin Facebook page, that alone tells me enough about the kind of service they provide.
Old 10-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeboxman View Post
I think when certain shops say they have stock in 'their warehouse' or 'other shops' it means they will be relying on the main distributor doing a 'dropshipment' direct drom their stores.

You ring shop X, they don't have the product but accept the order and take the payment. Shop X then contacts distributor Y and they send direct to you.....if they have it in stock themselves. They have to rely on their courier service collecting from them before close of business - and to be fair, if your location is as you say in N. Ireland, it's not exactly up the road is it?

Your issue is with the shop that took your money as they made the contract to supply by accepting money.
From what I remember wheelspin are pretty open about shadow stock being distributor etc?

I always found them good people to deal with!
Old 10-02-2012

Default Wheelspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
From what I remember wheelspin are pretty open about shadow stock being distributor etc?

I always found them good people to deal with!
I have used them twice....1st time no problem, 2nd time Stock showed as "Shadow Stock" and waited almost 3 weeks!

They make no mention to "Shadow Stock" being "Distributor Stock".

From their webiste:

What do our stock levels mean?

In Stock: Item is in stock at one or more of our warehouses and is likely to be with you in 1-3 days.

Shadow Stock: Item is in stock at our secondary warehouse and is likely to be with you in 2-5 days.

The shadow stock description implies that they have a 2nd warehouse and no mention of being ordered from distributor. For me this is very misleading.

I have also been to the shop when I was passing on the M6 toll. It is impressive and they can substantiate their claim of having the largest shop in the UK. Actually its just the building that is big and half of it was a art gallery (upstairs) and they hold very little stock.

My 2 pence!
Old 10-02-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear about the problems with Wheelspin mate.
I HAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE when companies in England add on money and/or time for posting to N.Ireland.
That fact is that Royal Mail treat us IDENTICAL in terms of cost to the mainland and that in reality, our local postal sorting office is extremely efficient and I often get things quicker than customers in England!
So much so that when I phone back to the model shop to thank them, they cant believe it has arrived already - usually the very next morning for people like Schumacher and Modelsport!

Ive used Wheelspin before and havent had a problem with them. Not the fastest, but got here within a few days.

There are three shops which I would never darken their doors again, but not going to name and shame (yet!)

@Carlin - very interesting that WS dont actually have another warehouse. If thats true then I feela bit cheated if all they are doing is just ordering up from the suppliers. Bit of a lie if thats happening.

Hope you get it sorted Dave, and best of luck for Sunday (with or without the inserts!)
Old 10-02-2012

Default I find them great

Ordered a few things from them and they have always been great. Good service and arrangements, updating orders with extra items. Always helpful by email or phone.

Anyone can have a bad experience with every company - no one gets it right 100% of the time so you can't slate a company for a mistake or two.

Although that has reminded me, a couple of items I ordered have not turned up yet 2 weeks later. Better call them
Old 10-02-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layloo9136 View Post
Ordered a few things from them and they have always been great. Good service and arrangements, updating orders with extra items. Always helpful by email or phone.

Anyone can have a bad experience with every company - no one gets it right 100% of the time so you can't slate a company for a mistake or two.

Although that has reminded me, a couple of items I ordered have not turned up yet 2 weeks later. Better call them
that last line sort of makes you look like you just spoke bollocks!!
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
i live about 2 mile from these there are a couple of the staff who are very hepful and decent but tbh there website stock and real stock are a very distant reality they see oople as a place to offload your crap and the people who own it are arrogant, and see newbies as cash cowes.sorry to post this but its the truth, dont ever want folkes out work and the lads in there that actually know what there on about fair play but the owners are like delboy and rodney pedling shite to the masses
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
i live about 2 mile from these there are a couple of the staff who are very hepful and decent but tbh there website stock and real stock are a very distant reality they see oople as a place to offload your crap and the people who own it are arrogant, and see newbies as cash cowes.sorry to post this but its the truth, dont ever want folkes out work and the lads in there that actually know what there on about fair play but the owners are like delboy and rodney pedling shite to the masses
to add my mate jon kedge ordered some kyosho parts and to my knowledge they have not turned up about two years agogreat service
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
to add my mate jon kedge ordered some kyosho parts and to my knowledge they have not turned up about two years agogreat service
have a look at the art gallery artworxs bet thats full of shite aswellsame owner
Old 10-02-2012

RANT MODE ON

What's with all the Wheelspin bashing?.... Come on people grow up.

All this was started by one person who's slightly upset and frustrated cos he can't play with his Toy car when he wants to cos a part might not reach him in time, and not even a very important part... I totally understand this feeling but come on... really... get a life... Oh and please note... the OP lives in Northern Ireland...there is an entire 'Sea' Between Wheelspin and the customer...

For every one person who complains online in a public forum there are 100's if not 1000's who don't and are perfectly happy with the situation...that's a fact.

Let it go guys.

I'm pretty sure Wheelspin are not activity trying to destroy your fun by arranging to deliver things a day or two late and then giggling to themselves as they chat about how the just ruined someone's weekend.

Things happen...things get delayed deal with it. And stop being a bunch of little bitches.

Every vendor can suffer from this, Apex, JESpares, Modelsport...etc. I've had things arrive late and not at all from everyone mentioned in this thread but I've not gone online and cried about it or blackened anyone name because of it. It's hard enough in the current financial times to make a living without whining children throwing their toys out of the pram simply cos circumstances don't go their way.

I understand that I've probably extended the life of this topic for at least the weekend...but let it go guys

RANT MODE OFF.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
RANT MODE ON

All this was started by one person who's slightly upset and frustrated cos he can't play with his Toy car when he wants to cos a part might not reach him in time, and not even a very important part... I totally understand this feeling but come on... really... get a life... Oh and please note... the OP lives in Northern Ireland...there is an entire 'Sea' Between Wheelspin and the customer...

For every one person who complains online in a public forum there are 100's if not 1000's who don't and are perfectly happy with the situation...that's a fact.

Let it go guys.

I'm pretty sure Wheelspin are not activity trying to destroy your fun by arranging to deliver things a day or two late and then giggling to themselves as they chat about how the just ruined someone's weekend.

Things happen...things get delayed deal with it. And stop being a bunch of little bitches.

Every vendor can suffer from this, Apex, JESpares, Modelsport...etc. I've had things arrive late and not at all from everyone mentioned in this thread but I've not gone online and cried about it or blackened anyone name because of it. It's hard enough in the current financial times to make a living without whining children throwing their toys out of the pram simply cos circumstances don't go their way.

I understand that I've probably extended the life of this topic for at least the weekend...but let it go guys

RANT MODE OFF.

J
have you ever been there
and to all the decent shops you know who you are because no one slates you
so your rant aint worth sh&*e
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Bloody hell I think I just agreed with Mark!!!
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
have you ever been there
and to all the decent shops you know who you are because no one slates you
so your rant aint worth sh&*e
i think someone with a brand new range rover vogue se aint doing so bad thats from you bunch of suckers
dont defend this arsehole
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
RANT MODE ON

Let it go guys.

RANT MODE OFF.

J
I'm sorry but this is complete bollocks - as you well know.

The fact that we're dealing with toy cars here is completely irrelevant. If a company make a pledge to a customer then the customer is within their rights to expect that pledge to be honoured - irrespective of whether we're dealing with a £7.50 set of tyres or not.

The state of the economy at the moment should give businesses even more incentive to please their customers than ever because custom is at such a premium that keeping a customer should be of the utmost importance.

We're in a position now whereby first impressions count for much more than before. If I go to a retailer and they mess me about, then the chances of me returning to that retailer are highly unlikely.

Once bitten, twice shy.