Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Oswestry Radio Car Club

Old 25-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Default Newbie

Hi Guys

I came over to see the racing last thursday and i'm interested in getting started. I'm looking for a starter kit and advice, i currently race 1/12 stockcars and would like to try something before i sell up completely, anyone have something i could try (i'll pay for any breakages!)

Col
Old 27-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Anyone ?
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

sorry colin, i dont come onto oople that often atm. Come see me thursday night and we can have a chat about cars and things. you do need to decide if you want to go 2wd or 4wd though, and a rough idea about costs. Ill be the one with the silver focus, come see me
Old 27-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hi Mike

I'm not fussed on either 2wd/4wd, i have been looking at a mad rat or the maverick strada both brushless. Thats the thing really as i know nothing about brushless or lipo's as i'm used to brushed/nimh. I think the main thing is to have a go and see if its something that appeals. I have only ever raced around a tiny oval so i'm sure its going to be a bit trial and error. I can see plenty of for sale stuff on here but have no idea if its any good, or ok for buying spares for.
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

well i know there are a few ppl at the club with Rat's. and brushless and lipo are fairly straight forward to use, better than brushed and cells. parts shouldnt be an issue with any of the following makes, associated, schumacher, durango, the rat, x factory. Yer i seem to remember seeing you down at the club on thursday
Old 27-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Cheers mate, i'll be there again on thursday so we'll chat then. I'll keep an eye out for any that come up for sale.