Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 28-12-2010

Default maverick stada tc

myself and my stepson are looking to get into touring car racing at very local club level. we would be on a tight budget and i have seen the maverick touring car with a 2.4 ghz setup for just over £100. has anyone out there tried them, do they brake easily, are they easy to get parts for or is it false economy.
hope someone out there can help us decide.
Thanks Gavin
Old 28-12-2010

Hiya mate, I have seen a couple of Strada's running at our club and they seem fairly robust, but parts are well priced and fairly easy to get hold of if you break anything... they are pretty noisy I have to say tho', and whilst this is not a problem, it is very noticeable when you are running with more expensive(read quieter..)makes... They also seem to lack a little in the speed stakes too but this may just be the standard gearing/drive ratio but it may well be a chassis dynamics issue, i.e. the chassis might not adjust enough to enable it to go fast due to weight, grip, balance etc...

If you are looking for longevity and want to be competitive maybe an option could be to look at a "better" brand or maybe a cared-for top end brand such as xray, schumacher(english.!)etc...

I think Maverick might be a part of HPI so the support should be there if needed...
Old 28-12-2010

Bought my son a 1/18 maverick, good quality kit, almost unbreakable, excellent value for money. i would assume the touring cars would be the same.
If it were me though, i would post a wanted ad on here. You will spend a bit more, but actually get what is needed to be competitive. Some people change their cars more often than i change my socks!
I am not selling anything by the way!!!!!!
Old 28-12-2010

I have the Strada TC..excellent budget car, very tough and if you tweak the motor mount you can get it to run almost silent. I did a Diff re-build also and added some quality grease and that made it even more smooth. It's very agile with a 15t motor in it and better springs on the shocks.

The new TC Evo is even better, it's lighter and has a better chassis design, it includes a motor cooler too...very nice cars. All are fully ball raced too. And the Evo's are 2.4gh out of the box.

I run the new XB Evo 4x4 and I LOVE it. It's doing well and it's tough as nails.

I have the rock crawler too...I think I'll eventually finish the set and get the Truggy and Monster truck LOL... They are supurb

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 29-12-2010

thanks very much for all your help. it is actually an evo that i am looking at. glad to here that they are quite strong and that bits are easy to get. hope this means that we can have a car each and enjoy some racing
thanks again
Gavin