Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 08-04-2013
Stu-Perstar

Default Nationals 2013

Would anyone going to the 10th Off Road NAtionals this year want a chat about set up and track tips on the Friday night and Saturday night so we can all get to know each other and get tips off the PRO's?
Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

That sounds like a good idea....only problem with setups is that most drivers like cars set up differently, more steering, less steering etc....what were you thinking?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 08-04-2013
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
That sounds like a good idea....only problem with setups is that most drivers like cars set up differently, more steering, less steering etc....what were you thinking?
Things like pistons, oils, springs and tyres. Also a big thing is we have in our team PRO drivers that have put hours of testing on these tracks and they know more than other drivers so if we can take as much info from them to help the rest of the team the better.
Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

It's a great idea.....just not sure who would give up their time to do it on a Friday/Saturday?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

That's a great idea. I'm doing Nationals for the first time this year and haven't raced at any of the tracks.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 08-04-2013
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
That's a great idea. I'm doing Nationals for the first time this year and haven't raced at any of the tracks.
I was aiming it at the Schumacher Team as I have put this in the Schumacher thread but if you have a Schumacher you are more than welcome. I am only reading you sig by the way.
Old 08-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I'll be setting my cars up fri/ sat night so more than happy to help
Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I was aiming it at the Schumacher Team as I have put this in the Schumacher thread but if you have a Schumacher you are more than welcome. I am only reading you sig by the way.
Oops! Didn't notice it was a Schumacher thread!
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 09-04-2013
Stu-Perstar

OK guys.

Some of you know me already but if not I am Stu Wood and I am part of the Schumacher Team for 2013.

I have had a chat with Robin and the guys at Schumacher about this and lets give it ago.

On Friday night at 7 o clock I will be on the track with some(if not all) the Factory Schumacher drivers.

I would like anyone who has a Schumacher car to come over and we can have a chat about the next day.
For example, oils,pistons springs. I will hand out set up sheets that the team have for that track.
I will talk about tyres etc and also track conditions and track features.
In other words, any other info that will help you to drive better the following day.

For the Saturday night I suggest as soon as the last final finishes we have it then as some of the team will want to get off and shower/eat.

To let you all know this is going to happen for the rest of the National series so lets get together and get as many Schumacher cars as high as we can.

Thank you very much and see you all Friday night.
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Who's Mossy? Is he any good?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 09-04-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Might be a good idea (although I can't afford to do a National series.... ) to post a starting setup the week leading up to the event?
Old 10-04-2013

I also unfortunately will not be racing the national series this year either but would like to support this unique idea. I am fortunate enough to race with Stu Wood on a weekly basis and the time he puts into developing the standard of the club racers and assisting with setup, even at the expense of working on his own car is second to none.

This is a great opportunity for the team knowledge to be passed on further than just the team and benefit all us Schumacher boys.

Good luck with this idea and best of luck to the entire Schumacher team for 2013.

Chris
Old 10-04-2013
Mad Member

Great idea.
I always feel (as a lot do) that I'm playing catchup on the national tracks I visit, as I chase a setup and track knowledge all day, and start and get it together in round 4.
Really appreciate the gesture Stu, and the chance to get to know you guys a bit more.
See you at 7 ish @ Kiddy.
Chris.
Old 10-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Great idea.
I always feel (as a lot do) that I'm playing catchup on the national tracks I visit, as I chase a setup and track knowledge all day, and start and get it together in round 4.
Really appreciate the gesture Stu, and the chance to get to know you guys a bit more.
See you at 7 ish @ Kiddy.
Chris.
Unlike you to need setup tips mind Chris!
Old 11-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
OK guys.

Some of you know me already but if not I am Stu Wood and I am part of the Schumacher Team for 2013.

I have had a chat with Robin and the guys at Schumacher about this and lets give it ago.

On Friday night at 7 o clock I will be on the track with some(if not all) the Factory Schumacher drivers.

I would like anyone who has a Schumacher car to come over and we can have a chat about the next day.
For example, oils,pistons springs. I will hand out set up sheets that the team have for that track.
I will talk about tyres etc and also track conditions and track features.
In other words, any other info that will help you to drive better the following day.

For the Saturday night I suggest as soon as the last final finishes we have it then as some of the team will want to get off and shower/eat.

To let you all know this is going to happen for the rest of the National series so lets get together and get as many Schumacher cars as high as we can.

Thank you very much and see you all Friday night.

this is a fantastic idea and something I think that will bring the "team" aspect into the racing team.
and a good way to help Schumacher cars place higher up the ladders into positions that they deserve
Old 12-04-2013
Mad Member

Stu, will be around 19:30 by the time me and Chris Stewart get there, 4 hour drive to get there.
Chris.
Old 01-05-2013
Mad Member

So, after what I thought was an invaluable chat, setup and track advice last time, I'm keen to see a similar session this coming weekend.

To summarise what I got out of the last meeting:

1) Good to be introduced to members of the team. It makes it so much easier to know where to go for help, and to know that the help is willingly available.

2) From only racing indoor on slippery gym floor, it was great to bolt a setup on both cars that worked well, and saved me chasing a setup through 3 rounds of qualifying. It makes for a much more enjoyable weekend.

3) Good to hear some tips on the track itself from people who have invested their time in the track, and tips on where time could be made up.

The result:
Moved up 4 finals from last year to an F final I should've won, and had a much more enjoyable weekend.

Stu - keep us posted if you plan another get together this weekend.

Regards, Chris.
Old 02-05-2013

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Yeah I'm more than happy to get involved again. Unfortunately I won't be out of work till around 5.30 so prob 8 would be best for me? More the merrier.

Si
Old 22-05-2013
Stu-Perstar

Just a reminder guys! You were all quiet at Southport so lets try and get some good talking this time so we can all be working together as a TEAM and not individuals.
I am aiming to get there about 2.30 ish so lets do it this time as I know Eden Park is a very hard track.