Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2012

Default Naul indoor racing 2012/13

Hi Lads,

What a great days racing

Great to see the numbers back racing indoors.

Track was 'tweaked' as we went through the heats from racers feedback. Some jumps still need a little work but nothing major.

When you look at the track it seems very simple, but when you race on it you realise how tricky it actually is.

Roll on the winter

Kevin
Old 30-09-2012

Love the track. The jumps are great, they're all slightly different. The place is deadly, the pit area is better than before imho because we're not as spread out.
Good crowd today and a few guys that normally go are missing so numbers should increase.
Were you around for the end Kev? Thursday night racing looks like it's going to be moved to wednesday night, and also looks like the 3 qualfiers and 2 finals format is going ahead too

Wayne
Old 30-09-2012

Hi Wayne,

Had to head off once all the finals finished.

That's good news about the 3 heats and two finals.

Weds night sounds good, I need lots more practice!

Kevin
Old 30-09-2012

I really enjoyed today. The track is great, tricky, but good. At least I didnt go home with a bag of broken stuff.
The work done by all involved was well worth it, the place is looking great.

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 01-10-2012

sorry I couldn't make it..very busy at work at the moment.so I worked Sunday ..on a positive note it will pay for my 44.2
I will be there as often as I can
Old 01-10-2012

look forward to seeing you again mark

your always welcome
Old 04-10-2012

Yes, thanks to all who put the track together ( and its warmer than last year) just a little tweaking i think to make it flow a little more.( tabletop on a corner ?)
Well done guys
Old 14-10-2012

A good turnout to-day with A,B,& C finals in clubman & some great racing.
All getting ready for round 1 of the winter championship starting next Sunday.
Old 15-10-2012

Really enjoyed the racing yesterday
Old 15-10-2012

enjoyed the day yesterday very happy roll on the winter season starts soon
Old 17-10-2012

Default Loving the Naul

Roll on the Winter Championship..
Old 17-10-2012

Yeah, should be good. And the best thing is the weather doesn't matter!
Old 21-10-2012

Hi Lads,

Great start to the club championship today.

Special mention goes to Alan & Lucy, great racers and improving race after race.

I wasn't able to keep up with Alan & I JUST about stayed ahead of Lucy. As they get older they get better, as I get older!!!

Its good to see the younger members of our club coming on so well.

The track is really beginner friendly + has some challanges for the more experienced racer.

Over time the track might develop more of a 'flow' with different 'feature' jumps but that's down to the racers and what they want.

Thanks to everybody for a great days racing, also thanks to Derek & Colin for their superfast changeover of my front steering geometry, their hands were moving so fast they were a blur

Kevin
Old 22-10-2012

Yes a great days racing with 20 drivers & not all regulars there. Now I don`t want to sound like i`m complaining because i`m not ( those who set it up and built the track have done a great job) ,but after a few weeks racing on the track I think that to progress we need to make the track more flowing and improve the jumps (to make them smoother & less harsh)
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it only me.
Old 22-10-2012

Default Minis at the Naul

We tried a mini yesterday on the astro and it was fine with Sch mini spike tyres on touring car rims rims so if anyone is interested in racing minis contact the club or come along to try one on any wednesday night or raceday (Sunday) as we only have to move some of the jumps as they are modular.
Old 22-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
Yes a great days racing with 20 drivers & not all regulars there. Now I don`t want to sound like i`m complaining because i`m not ( those who set it up and built the track have done a great job) ,but after a few weeks racing on the track I think that to progress we need to make the track more flowing and improve the jumps (to make them smoother & less harsh)
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it only me.
Hi,

I sort of agree!!!

At the moment I'd classify the track as tight & technical, point & squirt style.

Some racers prefer a more flowing, faster paced style track with more ambitious jumps.

I think the main thing the DMCC club needs to consider, IMHO, is that the track is always 'beginner' friendly. There is no point, IMHO, building an elobrate track for a handful of top racers when the club is mainly made up of the clubman class.(I'll now dig a big hole & jump into it )

A modified racer made a comment to me yesterday that they felt the track was encouraging bad driving habits, I do see their point but like everything in life you need to strike a good balance. There are some highly experienced racers in the DMCC club and their suggestions, along with all the other members views/opinions should be considered.

I'd like to see the track develop over time, why don't racers make proposals to the club on what changes they would like. Have some plans and/or photo's from other tracks so the DMCC have something to go on. I don't think there is any point asking for change and then walking away You need to have some idea what you would like and then we can all discuss what to do
Old 22-10-2012

Yes I agree with that but the point I am talking about is the up ramps in particular being at such an angle and length that when the front of a car hits it and compresses the suspension and then the rear hits at such a sharp angle it tries to somersault the car before it has a chance to settle which leads to a lot of unnecessary crashes for all abalities.If the up ramps had more of a curve at the entry point this might help ?
I`m no expert just trying to look at it from all levels of ability, I certainly dont want to make it more difficult for beginners (as we have a lot at the moment) just more flowing & not as frustrating.
Old 22-10-2012

Yea...Hats off to Team Thompson..Gud day at the races..
Old 22-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
Yes I agree with that but the point I am talking about is the up ramps in particular being at such an angle and length that when the front of a car hits it and compresses the suspension and then the rear hits at such a sharp angle it tries to somersault the car before it has a chance to settle which leads to a lot of unnecessary crashes for all abalities.If the up ramps had more of a curve at the entry point this might help ?
I`m no expert just trying to look at it from all levels of ability, I certainly dont want to make it more difficult for beginners (as we have a lot at the moment) just more flowing & not as frustrating.
I know what you mean, it depends on how you look at them, are they obstacles to get over cleanly or are they jumps? If they are jumps then they need to be modified, if its an obstacle then it is what it is and you have to figure out the best way to get over them and still get a good lap time

It would be interesting to hear from some of the other racers, next time at the track we can hold a short meeting? I'll bring the biscuits and Dave will make the tea
Old 22-10-2012

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
Yea...Hats off to Team Thompson..Gud day at the races..
2nd that, fantastic racing from all in Team Thompson. Alan & Lucy are top clubman(person?) racers and the other guy isn't bad either
Closed Thread