Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > HoBao

Old 03-01-2013

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

Im using 2mm spacers under the ballstuds on the front bulkhead.

I used losi black front and pink rears last sunday,car felt good but maybe a little stiff,next time out i will be starting with blue front/yellow rears
Old 03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post

I used losi black front and pink rears last sunday,car felt good but maybe a little stiff,next time out i will be starting with blue front/yellow rears
Ta very mucha's so shall I order them then Blue f/yellow r then

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 03-01-2013
Mad Member

Jason
Thanks for the update on the shells, just ordered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobao-H2-P...item3f20af4243
Old 03-01-2013

i think ull find you can put the motor plate on whichever side you like. you just need to run the layshaft the other way.

Seeing as it is a durango box, i set mine to be the same side as the rango when using 4 gear gearbox
Old 03-01-2013

sorry to butt in, just joined the site. im looking at purchasing one of these this week.
its been hard to decide which car to choose as there are so many but after reading this thread and the car being in my price range its the one im going to go for.
only reason for me not getting one will be if my offer on a schumacher sx3 is accepted on ebay or not. i expect it not to be as it was quite low.

the reason i butted in was to ask you guys a favor, with this being my first car and first build! since being around 14 years old and building a tamiya monster beetle and mardave meteor lol.

could one of you great ppl put up a list for me of everything i will need to purchase along side the kit to have it fully complete and able to pop along to a meeting to join in.

as in, what size brushless motor, esc, lipos, shock oil a complete list so i can purchase these and build the car on my return home from this trip at work. it will all be home waiting for me

i have a dx6i transmitter which i plan to use to start off with until i decide if i want to get something else. so just need the receiver for the radio side of things.

thank you.
Old 03-01-2013

it really depends on how much you want to spend and what ure local club runs. Off road is generally open class with regards to motors etc

the most commonly run motor for 2wd would be a 7.5t, and i would personally recommend the hpi flux pro. They are around £55 and are superb.

esc wise you have many options and budgets. 2wd is my main class and as such i run the hobbywing v3, but this is around £140.
in my 4wd which is less serious for me i run the hobbywing 60A v2.1. You can get these for about £55 new and are more than adequate. I used to run an 8.5 on mine in 2wd and it was fine.

lipos again, what's ure budget. I run the ace gens 65c stick packs which u can get from giantshark for about £32 each. They are roar approved and seem pretty good. You can spend more on bigger name brands if u like, but i tend to think they are all made in one of 3 factories anyway so isn't much difference.

shock oil, core rc is available from most online shops. Id say you will want a range between 300cst and 700cst

jump onto ralls racing website and give Nathan a call his mobile number is listed on there, and tell him i sent you his way. He will be happy to discuss anything further with you and may do you a good deal on a job lot to get you going. He is a top racer and very helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenky View Post
sorry to butt in, just joined the site. im looking at purchasing one of these this week.
its been hard to decide which car to choose as there are so many but after reading this thread and the car being in my price range its the one im going to go for.
only reason for me not getting one will be if my offer on a schumacher sx3 is accepted on ebay or not. i expect it not to be as it was quite low.

the reason i butted in was to ask you guys a favor, with this being my first car and first build! since being around 14 years old and building a tamiya monster beetle and mardave meteor lol.

could one of you great ppl put up a list for me of everything i will need to purchase along side the kit to have it fully complete and able to pop along to a meeting to join in.

as in, what size brushless motor, esc, lipos, shock oil a complete list so i can purchase these and build the car on my return home from this trip at work. it will all be home waiting for me

i have a dx6i transmitter which i plan to use to start off with until i decide if i want to get something else. so just need the receiver for the radio side of things.

thank you.
Old 04-01-2013

oh, depending on what motor u get u will need a pinion too. One comes in the kit and is a 24 tooth, but if ure running 7.5t then u may want a 21 or 22 as a starter. Ive put 22 on mine but not run it yet so cant say if it needs dropping or raising.

also, not essential but a good idea is spring. The kit ones are far too hard on the rear. I am changing to the losi springs as that's what most people i race with use. Makes things easier. Means i have 2 full Durango spring sets for sale if you wanted to save some money on a full selection. They are a tight fit on the collars on the h2 shocks but fit the rest of it perfectly.

other things to be aware of when building....

- the manual tells you to put a .5 shim on each of the rear inner hinge pins. I found that you don't need them as there is no play without. If you do have play on the arm then with the kit spacers you may need to use a reamer very lightly to open the whole a bit. They are slightly too small to go over the hing pins. Alternatively buy a pack or two of the Schumacher 3x7 spacers. You get 18 per pack in .5, 1 and 2mm sizes. Ive ordered two just because i hate using plastic spacers.

- page 15 of the manual has the anti squat section. It doesn't explain anything and might leave you scratching your head. Basically you get 3 longer inserts and 3 shorter ones.

the longer ones are to go under the rear-front block and this is what sets your anti squat. The thinnest one gives you 1 degree, next is 2 and the thickest gives you 3 degrees.

the shorter inserts are for the rear-rear block. These go on top of the block though, and are used to keep the gearbox level. So basically whatever you used under the front block, you need to put the same height spacer on top of the rear block.

- the only other thing i have found in the length of the rear shocks could be a little longer as there isn't much droop. Not that you need alot. All i have done is unwind the shock end so that the shaft from body bottom to end top is 30mm i think. Ill double check this over the weekend and let u know if any different.

just take your time with the build. In true Taiwanese style the manual is a bit lacking in detail but i managed it all first time after i got my head round the anti squat settings.
Old 04-01-2013

Thank you a lot mate, they are a lot more technical now then just bolt together and go like when I was younger.

As I said I have an offer pending on an sx3 at the moment, as soon as I know either way ill be making my purchase of one of these. I saw them last week and never really knew much about them, or if spares were avaliable so put it to one side.

I was toying with the idea of a losi 22 but these h2 are a nicer price as a starter car.
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

Ok ..... Who grabbed all the shock towers from MB models?

They went quick
Old 04-01-2013

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

Not guilty Nick,HONEST
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

Guilty
and white wheels

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 04-01-2013

why bother lol... they are beefy as feck and aint gonna break.

i just got a second car for spares. much more cost efficient at the kit price
Old 04-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgio View Post
Ok ..... Who grabbed all the shock towers from MB models?

They went quick
Loads more spares and kits on there way to us!
Old 04-01-2013

Quote:
Thank you a lot mate, they are a lot more technical now then just bolt together and go like when I was younger.

As I said I have an offer pending on an sx3 at the moment, as soon as I know either way ill be making my purchase of one of these. I saw them last week and never really knew much about them, or if spares were avaliable so put it to one side.

I was toying with the idea of a losi 22 but these h2 are a nicer price as a starter car.
jenky, check your pm's.
Old 04-01-2013

Pm's checked, yes it is your sx3 andy that I was waiting to hear about.
Old 04-01-2013

i have purchased my H2 tonight!

please have a look at the electrics ive chosen and see if they will fit/work ok in the car and tell me what else i should purchase ready.

motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
ESC
2X LIPOS
i have no idea what servo so i put this in the basket?

ive also bought a couple of different sized pinions, losi 22 springs and the schumacher spacers.

im going turnigy, simply because my dad uses it in his all his rc stuff and loves the gear.
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post

Jase whack a thin roll bar on the back and some really thick diff grease in the ride was fine mate
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

Sorry thinking back in the day thick oil not grease
Old 04-01-2013

That battery won't work with that esc

Ull want a 7.4v 2S

Quote:
i have purchased my H2 tonight!

please have a look at the electrics ive chosen and see if they will fit/work ok in the car and tell me what else i should purchase ready.

motor
ESC
2X LIPOS
i have no idea what servo so i put this in the basket?

ive also bought a couple of different sized pinions, losi 22 springs and the schumacher spacers.

im going turnigy, simply because my dad uses it in his all his rc stuff and loves the gear.
Old 04-01-2013

Those lipo's ain't gonna fit bud, you need 2s ones (2 cell 7.4v) not the 4s (4 cell 14.8v) ones you've got there plus if you try hooking them up to that ESC you'll blow it apart instantly.

With regards to the ESC personally I'd be looking for a higher rated one maybe 120a instead of 60a your looking at.

The motor looks fine to me but make sure you get a sensored ESC to go with it.

The servo isn't what I'd choose either it's too slow for use in steering a 1/10th scale buggy you're ideally looking for something thats got a speed of about 0.09-0.07 with a max torque of about 10kg's I'd recommend having a look at the Savox 1257 that's what I use and I love it.

Hobao H2 Pro
Team Associated B4.1 FT
Ko Propo