Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014

Just to weigh in again, hell why not? you talk about use of space! watch the video's how much of the centre of the room is not used? now that you could of used to good effect, well if you hadn't built something that obscured it from view.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 12-05-2014

Oh dear! looks like Ralphy has his knickers well and truly twisted up over this track!

Evey time we have a crossover someone isn't happy.. Every time we put a large jump in place, someone isn't happy.

Do we move forward by not using the cross overs and leave the table jumps out?

The hall is very small and it's sometimes hard to use all the space effectively and come up with different ideas. We all want to have fun, right? Personally I love the big jumps and would love to put some even bigger ones in place, mega ramp all the way for me!

I have always said that if someone dosent like any part of the track, and feels strongly that it should be changed, then we should change it. To do that though you need to turn up with time to make the changes! And present the problems before the racing begins, not after.

I can see Brian has a problem with the crossovers, he always has. I dont believe they are that dangerous, but if he feels that strongly about them that it makes him not want race, then I shall not use them anymore.

Ramps in the center of the hall have always caused problems, I thought it was not ideal, but felt it was still useable and different/interesting. We went with it, maybe that was a bad call?

I am all for compromise, I like the idea of everyone being happy, but I'm not sure that is even possible!

I think we need to voice any opinions of the track before the racing starts. If everyone agrees on the night that something needs changing, then change it!
Old 12-05-2014

There have been many memorable race meetings where everyone has gone home happy.
It is important that everyone has an enjoyable evenings racing.
Credit must be given to those who regularly turn up early and put the time in to build the track for the rest of us, and those who stay and help put away the track, you know who you are.
Anyone who wishes to build the track and try new ideas feel free.
Please voice your concerns during practice if you are not happy with the track layout and it can be amended.
Old 12-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There have been some tracks where the ramp was a bit silly to marshal or a bit risky if stood in the wrong place, but Fridays wasn't one of them to be fair. Just watch the videos back, most people just trundled over the tables and the crossover was not an issue as the run up was so small, so cars were just landing over the intended crossover track.
I went away on Friday thinking it was a good fun well run meeting with a good track and everyone on the day seemed happy (apart from Ralphy). I know James likes his big jumps, I do in the right place, but sometimes they could be a bit dangerous if hit at speed, and are difficult to marshal. Example: when we had that corner one that you could not reach if stuck, or the big table top in front of the rostrum where you try to land on the downside, but could fall in the gap if you got it wrong.

There is always an element of risk to marshals or anyone on the track when racing is on. Now awareness is key, and children should not be placed at a marshal point that is a bit more risky than say a regular corner.

Cars on track when taping is a pet hate of mine. Safety in this case should always be a priority.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
There is always an element of risk to marshals or anyone on the track when racing is on. Now awareness is key, and children should not be placed at a marshal point that is a bit more risky than say a regular corner.
If I am not mistaken the BRCA rule book does state that a child under 13 should be helped by the parent.

Now that we have the BRCA rule setter coming to cullingworth ( Danny ) maybe we should have a look at getting the kids some help and as Neal says putting them in the best points for them to be safe.

Ps Ralphy you need to stop spitting your sons dummy out
Old 12-05-2014

Also just thought.

I should be going to the next meeting so if everyone is happy I can go early and set up a track so that as people get there it is ready and people can have a say early about if its ok.
Can we maybe have a poll on here to help with the design. I thought that really helped when doing the designs myself.
Also

Paul did a design on a napkin and sent it in. Is anyone willing to join in and send some more designs in. Even if you cant be there to build it sometimes just having the layout really helps.
We have spoken about collecting the designs and making a folder with the good ones in so they can be used again. I will be willing to get the folder going and put a few designs in but I think everyone needs to have a say as well.
Old 12-05-2014
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_shadow View Post
If I am not mistaken the BRCA rule book does state that a child under 13 should be helped by the parent.
So will it be your Mum or your Dad you will be bringing in future Nick ??
Old 12-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
Oh dear! looks like Ralphy has his knickers well and truly twisted up over this track!

Evey time we have a crossover someone isn't happy.. Every time we put a large jump in place, someone isn't happy.

Do we move forward by not using the cross overs and leave the table jumps out?

The hall is very small and it's sometimes hard to use all the space effectively and come up with different ideas. We all want to have fun, right? Personally I love the big jumps and would love to put some even bigger ones in place, mega ramp all the way for me!

I have always said that if someone dosent like any part of the track, and feels strongly that it should be changed, then we should change it. To do that though you need to turn up with time to make the changes! And present the problems before the racing begins, not after.

I can see Brian has a problem with the crossovers, he always has. I dont believe they are that dangerous, but if he feels that strongly about them that it makes him not want race, then I shall not use them anymore.

Ramps in the center of the hall have always caused problems, I thought it was not ideal, but felt it was still useable and different/interesting. We went with it, maybe that was a bad call?

I am all for compromise, I like the idea of everyone being happy, but I'm not sure that is even possible!

I think we need to voice any opinions of the track before the racing starts. If everyone agrees on the night that something needs changing, then change it!
Well said James
I do still very much enjoy coming to cullingworth and think its a great place to race with some top people who attend on a regular basis, I do agree that more input is probably required when it comes to building the track to keep people happy but to keep the collective happy is almost impossible as everyone has different opinions to how and what they want, I personally like a more flowing track with just 1 or 2 jumps but that's my opinion and what suits me.
Think Nick Bs idea about having a folder with the good tracks in is a great idea to look back on for ideas, as we have had tons of superb tracks.
To end this cullingworth is a very good club with a good regular attendance of people that help week in week out, keep up the good work and thanks nori for running the club.
Old 12-05-2014

OK Guys to solve all this:-

The doors will open at 6pm and if your interested in building the track be there and help out.

The more people that turn up to help build the track would result in less people not liking the layout.

Racing starts at 7pm and the more helpers we get should give ample time to build the track.

Thanks Nori
Closed Thread