Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 18-06-2012

Default dex210 rear end sliding out

had my dex210 out today in mid motor 4 gear config. on grass and also tried on astro with mini pins on rear and would slide out and had to constantly keep correcting it.
have any of you had this problem because it drives really bad.

thanks
nitro

My Feedback : [URL]http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86486[/URL]
Old 18-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

what tyres?
how much rear toe in?
what motor?
Old 18-06-2012

I've ran mine on grass in mm4 and its been ok... maybe not as good as it would have been in rear motor but pretty good.

What tires on grass?
was it wet dry or damp? Bumpy, smooth?

Would help if you posted your full car setup for us to see.
Old 18-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Did you race sunday? I did, and it was super slippy on the dirty astro. Improved as the track dried and the racing line came up, but mega slippy off the racing line. Also on the grass, the grip changed as the grass areas dried and cut up.

Schumacher greens mini spikes worked in practice, then I moved to balistic buggy green mini spikes which were better. later on, Schuy Yellows were ok at first, then went awful for me, so I tried a pair of borrowed balistic buggy pinks, which worked really well for last round and final.
The track was still wet after all the rain, we need some super hot sun to dry it out.

Mini pins aren't the tyres to be using on the rear. Yellow mini spikes are the baseline tyre on a dry track. What tyres are you running on your front end? Sounds like you had too much front grip, and no rear. I normally run with schuy yellow stager ribs on my B4.1. I've used cut staggers, but tend to get too much front end, and prefer the stagger ribs.

I don't run a dex210, but plenty of others do on club days. They will have a better idea of what works...
Old 18-06-2012

the stock toe in
schuey mini pins yellow
lrp x12 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
what tyres?
how much rear toe in?
what motor?

Old 18-06-2012

mini pins,was going to try mini spike(yellow)
the astro was smooth but the grass was a little bumpy and the surface was dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Reeves View Post
I've ran mine on grass in mm4 and its been ok... maybe not as good as it would have been in rear motor but pretty good.

What tires on grass?
was it wet dry or damp? Bumpy, smooth?

Would help if you posted your full car setup for us to see.

Old 18-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-nitroman View Post
lrp x12 6.5
^^^That isn't going to help, with a trigger happy finger, on damp astro and grass track ;-)

How tight was your slipper, and have you any current limit settings in your esc to tame the power surge on acceleration?
Old 18-06-2012

i was using stagger ribs on front,and also tried mini spike and ribs but i am limited on what tyres i have for the rear,i though of trying mini spikes or d boots multibyte

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Did you race sunday? I did, and it was super slippy on the dirty astro. Improved as the track dried and the racing line came up, but mega slippy off the racing line. Also on the grass, the grip changed as the grass areas dried and cut up.

Schumacher greens mini spikes worked in practice, then I moved to balistic buggy green mini spikes which were better. later on, Schuy Yellows were ok at first, then went awful for me, so I tried a pair of borrowed balistic buggy pinks, which worked really well for last round and final.
The track was still wet after all the rain, we need some super hot sun to dry it out.

Mini pins aren't the tyres to be using on the rear. Yellow mini spikes are the baseline tyre on a dry track. What tyres are you running on your front end? Sounds like you had too much front grip, and no rear. I normally run with schuy yellow stager ribs on my B4.1. I've used cut staggers, but tend to get too much front end, and prefer the stagger ribs.

I don't run a dex210, but plenty of others do on club days. They will have a better idea of what works...

Old 18-06-2012

First thing as has been said is mini pins are the wrong tyres, I've only raced there in the dry and yellow mini spikes rear combined with cut staggers worked well for me that day.
You are lucky in having one of the best Durango drivers in the country regularly race at your track if its Batley, so best bet is speak to Craig who I'm sure will give you some good advice.
Old 18-06-2012

yes its batley,and will have to speak to craig and see what advice he has too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Reeves View Post
First thing as has been said is mini pins are the wrong tyres, I've only raced there in the dry and yellow mini spikes rear combined with cut staggers worked well for me that day.
You are lucky in having one of the best Durango drivers in the country regularly race at your track if its Batley, so best bet is speak to Craig who I'm sure will give you some good advice.

Old 18-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
i was using stagger ribs on front,and also tried mini spike and ribs but i am limited on what tyres i have for the rear,i though of trying mini spikes or d boots multibyte

thanks
Yellow Mini spikes are the tyre to use normally on a dry track. No idea about dboots, not seen anyone use them since I've been going to Batley.

I doubt the track will have dried out very much today after last weeks rain. It was still really damp on Sunday's meeting, and the temp didn't get up, though we did see some sun poking through the clouds for about 10 mins. Bits of the astro were really slippy, the grass was soaking too, even at the end of the day, and I suspect it will have been similar today. It needs longer to dry.
That, and you not running the right tyres hasn't helped with the problem you've had.
Old 19-06-2012

i will switch to yellow mini spikes and see how it goes,it just seemed that it was more than just tyres why it was sliding out.

Quote:
Yellow Mini spikes are the tyre to use normally on a dry track. No idea about dboots, not seen anyone use them since I've been going to Batley.

I doubt the track will have dried out very much today after last weeks rain. It was still really damp on Sunday's meeting, and the temp didn't get up, though we did see some sun poking through the clouds for about 10 mins. Bits of the astro were really slippy, the grass was soaking too, even at the end of the day, and I suspect it will have been similar today. It needs longer to dry.
That, and you not running the right tyres hasn't helped with the problem you've had.

Old 19-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
i will switch to yellow mini spikes and see how it goes,it just seemed that it was more than just tyres why it was sliding out.
LRP 6.5 won't help.
How loose was your slipper? you'd want to run it really loose to tame the 6.5.

Of course you'll need to fine tune your suspension geometry and damping/springs too. Ask some of the dex210 regulars when the next meeting is on.

I take it this is a new kit build?

It was really slippy on sunday. Try it again in the dry with the right tyres.
Old 19-06-2012

yup its a new build and last time i had raced a 2wd was 2 years ago with a b4 so its a little difficult yet.

the slipper is loose to tame the motor and my timing is low to slow it down a little and cool the esc and motor down.

Quote:
LRP 6.5 won't help.
How loose was your slipper? you'd want to run it really loose to tame the 6.5.

Of course you'll need to fine tune your suspension geometry and damping/springs too. Ask some of the dex210 regulars when the next meeting is on.

I take it this is a new kit build?

It was really slippy on sunday. Try it again in the dry with the right tyres.

Old 19-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

YOull probably get more help in the durango pages

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 19-06-2012

tried it today with a few changes, used mini spikes yellow all round and surface was also dry and hardened my rear suspension and changed my toe in and did cut the front mini spike to reduce front grip and improved my handling alot from before,now i can stick to this setup until i feel the need to change it

thanks
nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
YOull probably get more help in the durango pages

Old 19-06-2012
Mad Member

mini pins at batley is all wrong
you need yellow mini spikes with medium foams
if its wet or damp, ballistic buggy greens
Old 19-06-2012

Get yourself on the Durango section and look at the 210 set up sheets on there.
I did this before I built mine and I used Craigs setup for the oople weekend last year and my car go's brilliant!. You won't go far wrong with that.

I've got old style staggers on the front and yellow mini spikes on the rear. I've also bought some shorty lipos to have a play with the weight distribution.
Old 19-06-2012

I've raced at batley for 20yrs. My 210 is superb round there. Please feel free to pm me for my setup. Its very easy to drive and has stacks of rear end grip even in low conditions. I was working Sunday but I bobbed down for the finals so I know what state the track was in. Trust me with the right setup the car is amazing round there!!!! Do you have a calmer motor that a 6.5 lrp. That is way over motored for a 2wd round there!!

I'm at most batley meetings. Just come n find me if u want any help etc
Hth
Steve
Reedy
DJ KIRKY