Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 15-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

track shame i had to work, would have been nice to try it.

thought Pat did a fantastic job on Marks chassis, he just had to remember not to touch anything afterwards

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 15-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
i was waiting so not to make any time unlike most........and then lost more time..........
ah but technically you had an accident, and were setting off behind where you were distance wise without having an accident, so you lost nothing for a mistake, till i put you back
Old 16-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
ah but technically you had an accident, and were setting off behind where you were distance wise without having an accident, so you lost nothing for a mistake, till i put you back
you are correct but what is good for one should be good for everyone...........

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 16-11-2009

i do try to be the same for everyone i marshal, unfortunatly im unable to do em all.
Old 16-11-2009

Default Go

Great days racing again, sorry I couldn't hang around to pack up, I had to make Swansea in 3 hours,

Mark can you get some pics of your shambolic bodgery on the other thread? That was a true work of art!

Pat you managed an entire days racing without complaining about anything, are you feeling ok?

Roll on round 3.......
________
K100
Old 16-11-2009

I saw this incident and I thought Reg did the right thing. He landed on his wheels after a tumble, and no marshall was required. There was no point in trying to go back over the markings, it's not a good thing to do and can also cause more harm.

He rightly waited to ensure no unfair advantage gained. Just as the car that was next to him (before the tumble) had came round to where he was waiting, he was picked up and put back the other side of the marking. (Double penalty) I thought this was unfair. If there is a something not right, it should be addressed by the Race Director not the marshall. If the marshalls start deciding what's right and what's not, then the scope of interpretation is going to be huge and it opens the door for bias, whether intentional or not.
Old 16-11-2009
Mad Member

Sigh your all starting to sound like some of the touring car drivers we had on sunday...

What happened happened end of story. And personally I think Eboney deserved to win that final as she drove really well with a lot pressure from the drivers behind her all the way through the race, she lapping consistently while everyone else was making mistakes behind her.

Anyways back to saturdays meeting, how good was the track? Anything we need to do more or less of, anybody not happy with anything (apart from reg obviously ) What can we iomprove on for round three?

Give us your thoughts guys..

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 16-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
Sigh your all starting to sound like some of the touring car drivers we had on sunday...

What happened happened end of story. And personally I think Eboney deserved to win that final as she drove really well with a lot pressure from the drivers behind her all the way through the race, she lapping consistently while everyone else was making mistakes behind her.

Anyways back to saturdays meeting, how good was the track? Anything we need to do more or less of, anybody not happy with anything (apart from reg obviously ) What can we iomprove on for round three?

Give us your thoughts guys..
Robbie,

Really enjoyed the meeting. Thank you. Liked the size of the track, the technical sections we loved/hated. Loved them because they were good, hated them because I couldn't nail them consistently. But that's my fault, not the tracks.

If I could put in 1 suggestion. At the top of the straight, there was a linkage on the track markings poking out (inside of the corner about a foot into the track). A couple of us who are more used to high rostrums, really struggled with it.

Other than that, we are looking to make another 5.5 hour round trip to make the next one. Hopefully prepare a bit better and drive a bit better too.
Old 16-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
I saw this incident and I thought Reg did the right thing. He landed on his wheels after a tumble, and no marshall was required. There was no point in trying to go back over the markings, it's not a good thing to do and can also cause more harm.

He rightly waited to ensure no unfair advantage gained. Just as the car that was next to him (before the tumble) had came round to where he was waiting, he was picked up and put back the other side of the marking. (Double penalty) I thought this was unfair. If there is a something not right, it should be addressed by the Race Director not the marshall. If the marshalls start deciding what's right and what's not, then the scope of interpretation is going to be huge and it opens the door for bias, whether intentional or not.
ben, and all i marshal as i do for 10ic , where we have a written rule, if the car leaves the track it must return from where it left.
If its not aceptable i can allways put my oakleys on and stand at the end of the rostrum/table top and look asleep as one marshal did
Old 16-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
Robbie,

Really enjoyed the meeting. Thank you. Liked the size of the track, the technical sections we loved/hated. Loved them because they were good, hated them because I couldn't nail them consistently. But that's my fault, not the tracks.

If I could put in 1 suggestion. At the top of the straight, there was a linkage on the track markings poking out (inside of the corner about a foot into the track). A couple of us who are more used to high rostrums, really struggled with it.

Other than that, we are looking to make another 5.5 hour round trip to make the next one. Hopefully prepare a bit better and drive a bit better too.
Problem is with the corner markers we have is that if you hit the tubes attached to it they move a bit and it makes the corners go out of shape. sometime they go flat and sometimes they stick right out. You get used to it after a while but we could also put some reebok steps on the rostrum to raise you up a bit if your struggleing. I guess we are used to it wbmcc as we race the same first corner every week.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 16-11-2009

Rob i thought the track was great,especially after the first corner got altered.it was difficult in places and easy in others just as it should be.
Lloyd,i dont allways moan you git.
Mark's incident as i saw it,might of had a different outcome if he was racing someone else...
Well done to all the drivers as i thought it was a good days racing...
Rob i cant believe you had problems with touring car drivers,ive all ways thought they were the most helpfull of all the different classes of drivers....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

There is nothing that gaffer tape and zip ties can't fix..I think we should delete all durango owners from team shambles,unless i buy one of the cheaper ones.....
Old 16-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
Great days racing again, sorry I couldn't hang around to pack up, I had to make Swansea in 3 hours,

Mark can you get some pics of your shambolic bodgery on the other thread? That was a true work of art!

Pat you managed an entire days racing without complaining about anything, are you feeling ok?

Roll on round 3.......
Ben i couldnt have put it better my self

i took the pics on robs camera.................10ic you must be fit if thats the rule........every ic car iv seen go off usually ends up 50meters from where it went off ....................Eboney did deserve to win as i said and would have done even without the marshalgate hahahahahahahaha..............."If its not aceptable i can allways put my oakleys on and stand at the end of the rostrum/table top and look asleep as one marshal did"......................its probly a good job he did as you would have spent more time being put back on the table top....see you all next time

Old 16-11-2009
Mad Member

I think we need to secure the triple better, as the boards weren't taped it made it hard to get a good line.

As we said I think some lino is in order, can we get some funky colour or black and white squares (tiled effect!)
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
Problem is with the corner markers we have is that if you hit the tubes attached to it they move a bit and it makes the corners go out of shape. sometime they go flat and sometimes they stick right out.
Nah, I think the prob with THAT corner was that the link section was actually inserted into the pipes the wrong way round so the flexi join was butting out onto the racing line rather than facing the other way where it would have just been in a dead zone. I noticed it too after round 2 I think but no point moaning now, we really should have had a word at the time. I think a slighly higher rostrum would help. It was a shame the weather really let us down this time, last time the natural light was ace, this round it deffo needed some assistance so to whoever took the exec decision to put put the lights on. Totally agree, Ebony deserved to win as she just went round like clockwork while most of us kept insisting on giving the marshalls something to do.
Old 17-11-2009

Default Go

The only thing that could've made the day better for me was if Mr. Brown bought some more of his amazing muffins.

Oh yeah and if those Dremel SC10's slowed down enough for me to catch up he he
________
Ram srt-10
Old 17-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
The only thing that could've made the day better for me was if Mr. Brown bought some more of his amazing muffins.

Oh yeah and if those Dremel SC10's slowed down enough for me to catch up he he
i was looking forward to one of thoese to but i think he was having a bad day,i think he had cleaned his wires that much it rubbed all the coulour off them and he didnt know which one went where........did you get it sorted Chris

Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolio View Post
Nah, I think the prob with THAT corner was that the link section was actually inserted into the pipes the wrong way round so the flexi join was butting out onto the racing line rather than facing the other way where it would have just been in a dead zone. I noticed it too after round 2 I think but no point moaning now, we really should have had a word at the time. I think a slighly higher rostrum would help. It was a shame the weather really let us down this time, last time the natural light was ace, this round it deffo needed some assistance so to whoever took the exec decision to put put the lights on. Totally agree, Ebony deserved to win as she just went round like clockwork while most of us kept insisting on giving the marshalls something to do.
Hmm problem is if I raise the rosturm up I then by health and safety law have a guard rail on the the front. At the moment it is bang on the level where it is not required to have one.

Sorry a bout the lights normally we have them turned on from the start I just didn't notice that they weren't turned on in the morning. Time to order some PIR's and control boxes for the school

We will leave some reebok steps out for the more vertically challenged of you to use on the rostrum but you will use these at your own risk.

With regards to the offending corner item if it was put the other way, rather than a having piece of plastic to bounce off you would would have two wooden blocks to bounce off insteas and it would be bye bye wishbone. I will make sure that the double sided corner we have is put in there as this doesn't flex as much as the single sided ones.

After the racing on saturday we found uber amounts of holes in the carpets. If we are going to be able to keep putting these meetings on then we are going to need you guys to start protection on your showck towers so as to limit tears in the carpets, So if you could make some nice lexan protectors for your front shock towers on the buggies and anywhere you have a screw facing forward which has a bit of thread sticking out can you add a plastic nut to the end to stop them diggin into the carpet in case of a roll over then that would be very much appreaciated.

Other than that get those entries in for the next meeting in december!!

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

Pictures are up on the site btw.
http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?optio...1.09&Itemid=72

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 17-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rob did the pics of the shambolic repair come out .................i dont think i will be racing this side of christmas due to the 1peace chassis becoming 2...................hopfully father christmas will bring me a new one

Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

why don't you just convert it back to a b4?

Unfortunatly the shambolic repair didn't really come out very well, completely out of focus and no flash makes for a very dull picture.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles