Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 29-11-2012

Default SV Big Bore Spring Rates

Hi,

A club member was helping me with the setup of the SV and he had some AE & Durango big bore springs.

When we compared the overall resistance of a 4 lb/in Durango spring to a medium (front) 4lb/in Schumacher, the Schue spring seemed VERY soft compared to the Durango, a lot less resistance than the Durango spring?

I would have thought that a lb/in rating should be almost identical across different spring types?

The highest Schue front rated spring I had was a 4 lb/in but on heavy breaking at the end of a long straight the front was diving so much the inside rear wheel was lifting.
When I installed a Durango 4lb/in front spring it transformed the car, I could dive into the corner at the end of the straight and the SV was stable without the inside rear wheel lifting.

Overall I feel the Schue springs are soft + the difference between a 3.5lb/in & a 4.5lb/in Schue spring is barely noticeable whereas the Durango difference is very noticeable.

Do I have defective springs or is this 'normal' for Schue big bore medium (front) springs?

Thanks in advance for any replies