Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by masons01 View Post
My thoughts are, as soon as we started at Torch that should be the format for the year, irrespective of track, club runner or weather. RBR.
It stops all the "well at Torch if it had been FTD then I'd of been in the A" talk.

There seems to be a lot of talk on the forums before the series started to get the dates for these meetings etc maybe the rules should be looked at too.

This is the first BRCA sanctioned meeting that has scruitineering, that I am aware of or been part of, that a car that doesn't fit cleanly in the scruitineering box is agreed to be acceptable for racing.

Rules are rules. Or Are they

It could be seen by some that rules are there for when it suits. What will happen if certain tyres are the ones to run at other tracks, will we agree to bend the rules on that day too.

I know I'll be shunned and stoned for these comments but hey it's an opinion.

I agree for much of what you say, and as you say it is an opinion.

On the topic of qualifying, the "rule" is that it is the race director on the days decision, which is why at every national we "still" get the race director for the day confirm that the meeting is being run by RBR scoring (which is almost standard practice now at nationals no matter where, and when we are running). If we were all to follow the 1st club in the region (TORCH this year) then what would have ahppend if this meeting was the first one? Would we all have to run FTD? (Which in my opinion would be wrong for all the outdoor venues, with all the variables etc) Fact was, I has have rpoved already the track WAS ideal for FTD, it got no quicker, got no slower, FTD pace was there ALL DAY long and was never a fear through varibale such as weather. I was going to juts choose it outright, but thought there was no hram confirming I was going with what the majority wanted (I did not have to do that), but I did, and it was the choice of the majority as we all saw. In truth did it harm anyone? Did anyone get a result that would have been wildly different if it were RBR, the answer is no.....

On the topic of the tyres, you are quite right, but not all the facts are there. As it was pointed out to me and whispered in my ear during breifing, there is a (VERY large) element of doubt that the box we are using (boorowing) was/is still to the exact BRCA dimensions (being made of wood these things can distort over time with moisture etc), the official BRCA box is made of metal and cars running these same exact tyres at "other" BRCA meetings this winter have all passed. In fact we discovered later in the day (thanks Ian ) that if you placed your car at one end of the box rear wards it fitted, if you turned it around 180 degrees and at the other end of the box, it did not , there was some definate "element of doubt" with the box...... The rules were not bent, simply common sense previaled otherwise 90+% of you would not have raced yesterday with cars that were (fractions) too wide "with the box we had at our disposal" (that last bit is very important - we could not "prove" that it was 90% of the cars that were all wrong or the one box that was wrong so we applied common sense to aid everyone)

When it comes to scales, the BRCA will tell us that whatever they say on the day is the benchmark and everyone runs to that, but with the box, this has been a bone of contention for years. As we explained at drivers breifing, this wont come up anywhere else since common outdoor tyres (Schuey mini spikes and BB spikes) do not have the over hang that the Schuey Minipin does, so it is very unlikely we will come across this again this season.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Darren....you told me to shut up and leave it at that but please mate, your last comment is a lot of rubbish.
If the box is wrong then it's wrong - pleanty of measuring equipment in the pits to measure the box and don't blame the tyres because we all run Mini Pins at the BRCA indoor championships at Silvestone and had no issues. If the tyre is illegal then don't use it.
If the box is wrong then thow it away.
Simples mate
LOL

What Mark is saying, we should NOT have the right to bend rules - I am sure that is his point...

15.66 last leg od the A fimal still says the track was faster no matter how many times you twist to your benefit - LMAO

PS - Like I said I am trying to be constuctive
Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Darren....you told me to shut up and leave it at that but please mate, your last comment is a lot of rubbish.
If the box is wrong then it's wrong - plenty of measuring equipment in the pits to measure the box and don't blame the tyres because we all run Mini Pins at the BRCA indoor championships at Silvestone and had no issues. If the tyre is illegal then don't use it.
If the box is wrong then thow it away.
Simples mate
LOL

What Mark is saying, we should NOT have the right to bend rules - I am sure that is his point...

15.66 last leg od the A fimal still says the track was faster no matter how many times you twist to your benefit - LMAO

PS - Like I said I am trying to be constuctive
Tony, you do LOVE a debate for no reason.....

It was YOU that whispered to me during breifing that everyone can dispute the legality of the box!!! (For those that saw me talk to Tony during the briefing as Keith was talking that was why!!!)

As you rightly say everyone run minipins at the indoor finals and there was no issue, so yesterday should have been fine too, we were kindly loaned the box by Stotfold (the same box they use and also borrowed by Herts - so 60% of this years regionals are in that box) it is not my choice to simply throw it away, but there was doubt it was accurate and with the minipins being used the cars are all at their maximum width as opposed to when Mini Spikes are used (which dont over hang as much).

You contradict yourself above, "don't blame the tyres because we all run Mini Pins at the BRCA indoor championships at Silvestone" then in the next sentance "If the tyre is illegal then don't use it." That is just it, we knew the tyres were not illegal which is excatly what I wrote, which is why we think the box could be out and the said common sense was applied to benefit all (not me as you write).....

As for fastest lap (we are talking fastest lap now not fastest time - right) check your emails - oh and answer your phone too......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636