Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 27-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

Exclamation BRCA Mid South Regional dates - 2011

The meeting to decide this years regional dates took place last night full details are as follows;

Subject to confirmation by all clubs and venues the following are the regional off road dates for the BRCA Chilterns/Mid South region for this year.

2wd
Round 1 - DMS Model Car Club (Watford) - May 22nd
Round 2 - Herts Model car Club (Ware) - June 5th
Round 3 - Silverstone Model Car Club - July 17th
Round 4 - Stotfold Model Car Club - August 7th

4wd
Round 1 - Stotfold Model Car Club - April 3rd
Round 2 - Silverstone Model Car Club - June 12th
Round 3 - DMS Model Car Club (Watford) - July 3rd
Round 4 - Herts Model Car Club (Ware) - July 31st

Both series will be best 3 from 4 rounds to count

An "emergency" date of August 21st has been pencilled in to the calender should any meeting fall foul of inclement weather or similar like we experienced a few years back (please try to keep this date free - just in case)

Open events will be held at all round for classes outides of the "regional class" (including trucks, short course and possibly micros - if enough interest in any class)

Booking in will be via the familiar DMS Booking-In service at
www.dmsresults.co.uk (available shortly over the coming few weeks)

Booking in is £10 pre-entered, £15 pay on the day for the BRCA regional class - Open Class's £5

Trophies for the BRCA class will be awarded for TQ overall and 1st place in every final at each meeting, plus an overall series winners trophy for top Junior (under 16), Top F3, Top F4 and Top F5 in both classes.

A first for this year is that ALL racers are expected to have access or use of a PT for lap counting, only minimal handout or loan units will be around at each meeting.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-02-2011
Mad Member

Stotfold web site have the downloadable booking form & driver standings for 2011. (lots of information on the entry form)

www.stotfoldmcc.co.uk/regional.php

Old 19-02-2011
Mad Member

Looking forward to trying out the Ware track.
Will we be using the astro track or a nice DIRT layout ?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...track20103.jpg

Whatever it is i hope its hot and sunny
Old 19-02-2011
Mad Member

think I noticed something on the website regarding a new all astro track, but it seemed to elude me secondtime I looked. Looks a busy place, open every day.

http://www.hertsnitromodelclub.co.uk/index.php?ID=36
1/2/2011 - just found this page.

Last edited by JCJC; 01-03-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added url
Old 22-02-2011

Is the DMS booking-in service up yet? I have been looking but can't see anything.

Would not put it past me to be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks

James
Old 26-02-2011

I have checked, checked and treble checked but DMS does not have the regional booking in yet, perhaps this is down to the website issues that Darren has said about, hopefully it will be up and running soon.
Old 26-02-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster522 View Post
I have checked, checked and treble checked but DMS does not have the regional booking in yet, perhaps this is down to the website issues that Darren has said about, hopefully it will be up and running soon.
No, sadly it was down to my dad pasing away suddenly just two days after we had the meeting to decide the dates etc. All that I promised in terms of timescales etc on thre Wednesday went out of the window in a flash on Friday 28th Jan.

I am slowly getting back on top oif things and hope to have the booking in LIVE shortly, but it has been a VERY hectic last 29 days or so what with the funeral and other things requiring sorting out as a result of this.

I "hope" to have it live some time this week if I get chance.
Old 26-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Hoping to do mid south in between torch. I believe we aren't clashing
Old 28-02-2011
oOple Advertiser

I am pleased to say that the Booking In is now open, (sorry for the delay, I have lots on in the last month as most of you know).

The front page of the site still shows "2010" dates announced and has details of last years clubs (which includes PDA) but this will be updated hopefully tomorrow and will show the details for the Herts Club in Ware also..

In the meantime, get yourselves booked in here - www.dmsresults.co.uk
Old 01-03-2011

Looking to get booked into these - cheers Darren and all the best for this tough time.

Who'll be doing shop honors at these tracks?

With Southampton being so far away it'll look like a hotel the night before due to the early starts for Stotfold and Herts
Old 01-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

We will be at "at least" 7 of the 8 rounds with our shop (hopefully at all 8) as we do every year (and have done for the last 15 or so years)
Old 01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
We will be at "at least" 7 of the 8 rounds with our shop (hopefully at all 8) as we do every year (and have done for the last 15 or so years)
Thanks Darren, will be first year doing regionals.

Control tyres?
Old 06-03-2011
Mad Member

Hi guys

I've entered for Stotfold but I'm not looking at scoring points in the Mid South Region, there was no where to note this though, who needs to know this?
Old 06-03-2011
Mad Member

Let them know on the day, it won't be a problem
Old 06-03-2011
Mad Member

Cheers John
Old 21-03-2011

How much practice will be available and is there a control tyre for Stotfold?
Old 21-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Normally open type practice Mike and Schumacher or Ballistic tyres as the BRCA rules.
You wouldn't use anything else anyways mate
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Hi guys

I've entered for Stotfold but I'm not looking at scoring points in the Mid South Region, there was no where to note this though, who needs to know this?
I've just had a look on the DMS website regarding entries for this first regional at Stotfold. I would hope that anyone who is NOT scoring points for the region would be placed in the open class whether they are doing 4wd or 2wd regardless.

In the past there have been people who are mixed in with the regional point scorers in qualifying and then removed from the list at the finals stage. This is wrong, simply because if there is an incident on the track involving that person and a point scorer it could cause the point scorer to be penalised for no fault of his/her own.

You would think that anyone who is not intending to complete enough scoring rounds of the series would also be placed in the open class.

On another point, I see that it appears the entries are capped at 60, why would this be? If there is to be a limit to the entry number then there shouldn't be an open class at all.

It would be unfair to inform a POINT SCORING competitor that he is 61st on the list and therefore a reserve if you have a further 30 people running in an open class.!!!!!
Old 23-03-2011

I was suprised to see the Stotfold regional two weeks before the national.

Surely this gives an unfair advantage going into the national etc. and also causes lots of non region drivers to book in etc.

I'm intending on doing most of the 4WD mid south racing, just not sure on the 2WD yet with my commitments at home and TORCH.

Whatever the case this is my first year at regionals and certainly looking forward to it even though I'll be at the back
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Alec, you are right in some of your comments.
Although I know we all want to race against top drivers there is a scanario that it could cost someone if there is an incident.
I am sure the people practicing there for the National will have no issue at all in going into an open class. If enough then separate 2wd and 4wd heats.
My concern is slightly different.
I am sure it's not capped at 60 - I think that is there or has been there for the winter months.
The concern is getting all the locals booked in for the regional prior to everyone else practicing (sorry those)
I am sure that the more the better and the club could do with a real good turnout - give everyone a brush at the end of the day and the track will be done for the National in 30 minutes LOL