Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

View Poll Results: which date for re-scheduled 4wd reg is best for you
saturday 26th may (with 2wd reg on the sunday) 16 50.00%
sunday 3rd june 4 12.50%
sunday 1st july 3 9.38%
sunday 22nd july 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Nah two day meeting would be ace come on where is your sence of adventure. These days people seem to have been chickening out of stuff like people saying im not racing if its raining???? Get on with it. It all part of the fun.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

When you work 50+ hours a week Ash and have bills to pay you might get why people dont want to race 2 full weekends in a row!
If you want to pay for my tyres etc to do 2 days at kiddy & stay over then im well up for it
Old 28-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

running my own businesses i find it hard enough to make enough time for racing as it is hence why i dont do nationals as the money i would lose and the effect on my business would not justify me racing at all thats why the regionals being on a sunday makes life easier for me.. and look at all the people who have family commitments and mortgages to pay constant 2 day meetings would be impossible and my opinion this sport would suffer at a time when it looks to me that off road is on climb with more people coming back into racing
Old 28-05-2007

I earn 30 pound a week the week between the two weekends racing is the buisiest week of my GCSE exam period. And im totally up for it.

But i do understand you matt Its not an ideal situation we are in, it would be good if it was slightly later but we just have to get on with it. Or make a desition to have iton a sunday later in the year.

And sorry i wasnt aimming my last comment at you its just in general. As i have noticed that alot of people have chickened outof racing in the rain for example only the few people who turned up to kiddy.

I just love doing stuff like camping out over night. And staying away from home for a few days just to get away from the rat run. Thats why im just so up for it. And i love racing. Also i cant wait to race the xx4 around kiddy so i want there regional as soon as possible lol

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 28-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I agree with Dodd. Needs to be a Sunday later in the year to give people to best chance of rearranging their schedules to accomodate.
Old 28-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Nah two day meeting would be ace come on where is your sence of adventure. These days people seem to have been chickening out of stuff like people saying im not racing if its raining???? Get on with it. It all part of the fun.

A
If this the reason it was cancelled? I was still traveling, so missed the discusion by the rostrum.
Why was it cancelled, as there were only a few puddles which could have been brushed off and the light rain?
Can someone clear this up for me please.
Many Thanks also to Phil for his apologies as i was leaving
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
I agree with Dodd. Needs to be a Sunday later in the year to give people to best chance of rearranging their schedules to accomodate.
not according to the poll. not everyone is going to be happy with the date its run.

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 28-05-2007

With over 60 entries originally and less than 30 votes I can't see much notice being taken of the poll.

So far, it seems that some think it will be cool/exciting to hold a two day regional, but I think it is too soon for many to get organised.

How about running it on the same day as the 2WD meeting?
Most people will be trackside anyway and we manage to run 12 heats at a national, why not a regional?
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
toys r us should close for the day
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
If this the reason it was cancelled? I was still traveling, so missed the discusion by the rostrum.
Why was it cancelled, as there were only a few puddles which could have been brushed off and the light rain?
Can someone clear this up for me please.
Many Thanks also to Phil for his apologies as i was leaving

at the time it was cancelled the track was driveable, however the forecast was for heavy rain all day, getting very heavy around midday. we would have possibly got 1 full round maybe 2 in before the track would have been in the same state as the national.
plus you also have to look at health and safety of the marshall's on wet astro turf!!

Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
With over 60 entries originally and less than 30 votes I can't see much notice being taken of the poll.

So far, it seems that some think it will be cool/exciting to hold a two day regional, but I think it is too soon for many to get organised.

Most people will be trackside anyway and we manage to run 12 heats at a national, why not a regional?
think a 40% reply in 9 hours is pretty good really!
think you would get just as many people running if it was on the saturday as a rescheduled sunday. i for 1 would find it hard to rearrange a free weekend were as to include a saturday were im already racing sunday is easier for me, but hey i did say no everybody would be happy with what ever the outcome
to run them both on the same day is daft idea!!
most people just don't have the cell's or time to keep 2 car's in 2 heats per round!

Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

i understand that it would be difficult for most ppl to get time off. but wouldnt it be better to only have to travel there once more than over an over. im up for a 2day even.
Old 28-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to grindog

i wont be able to race the saturday. Work just dont understand i have a life outside of the damn place
Old 28-05-2007

Tricky one this. I personally would like to see the regionals as 5 x 2 day events. I would much prefer 5 full weekends of racing and 5 weekends of no racing than 10 weekends of just Sundays. (i'm sure i would have done the whole series this year rather than a just a few if that was the case) The way things have worked out it would be a good chance to try out a 2 day event at Kiddy. Would be good.

However, it was decided at the start of the year that this series would be run on Sundays so people have planned around that and to run a round on a Saturday at quite short notice would be unfair on them.

What is clear is that any re-arrangement will NOT please everyone. (indeed it may be that the only 'fair' way to do it is to not reschedule at all...).
To put up a poll with 'possible, maybe' dates was not a clever thing to do. (especially with the wrong dates to confuse it even more!... )
What is needed now is to cut the speculation and let the club work with the regional rep to define which options of rescheduling, if any, are actually feasible when considering all factors. I have faith that the result of this will be communicated to us all promptly and any input sought then, if required.
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_Stanton View Post

However, it was decided at the start of the year that this series would be run on Sundays so people have planned around that and to run a round on a Saturday at quite short notice would be unfair on them.

so would running the meeting on say a day when someone can't make it that turned up on the orig day, but as both you and i have said not everyone is going to be happy

To put up a poll with 'possible, maybe' dates was not a clever thing to do. (especially with the wrong dates to confuse it even more!... )
thats your opinion gaz and i have mine!
i think it was a good idea, it give's the organiser's an idea of what people would like to happen, weather it does have any impact on the date who now's, but he isnt this a forum designed for think's like this???
and sorry we can't all be perfect can we!

Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post

Dom at the moment we are getting over 60 entries per class, so it would end up being 14 heats of qualifying, then taking into consideration 2 lots of 3 leg A finals, you would end up running 20 finals.

We finish late enough on the Saturday at nationals (about 1915 generally) so with what your proposing we would finish at about 2030, then you have to consider the amount of traveling for people need to get home.
Like Andy who came up from Tenby (4.5 hours I think he said) this would probably make the meeting unfeasble for him.

I personally think the only Sunday you could re-run the meeting on, would be 1st July as it is the only weekend free, as June 3rd is just too soon.

Like Phil said 22nd and 29th July are a no go as quite a few people will be in Finland at the euro's, and I read somewhere about September 9th being a posibility, but surely you couldn't run a regional AFTER the F2's
as the series would surley needed to have been completed before we go to Silverstone.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 28-05-2007

3.5 hrs Bri, but i did have to stop cos i had a few too many shandys' the night b4
Left home 4ish
Old 28-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't see the 3rd of June being to soon if the decission is made quickly.
Old 28-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to grindog

i am up for the 3rd, it clashes with the BCL but the 8 or so electric cars that have been there, shouldn't matter too much!
Old 29-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

any sunday would be best for me as making it a weekend event i would lose to much money as i work sat nights ...
i know its what happens at nationals but i cant do much about that so have to lose out on earning money due to staying over ...