This one
Old 06-05-2014

Default spur

I use a rw racing spur 85 t with ae pads or the Durango ones
Old 06-05-2014

will a tm4 spur fit the tm2 v1
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

The TM4 takes a different spur (80T and very thin) to the TM2 V1 so it will not fit. RW do very good 85T machined spur gears which take the AE/Durango pads as has previously been said and they work really well. The also make the same spur that will take the original pads as well.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 06-05-2014

thanks i have an rw i just wanted to try a smaller spur gear for when i run a 10.5
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

I am sure if you get into contact with RW they would be able to sort you out with a different size spur for your 10.5.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelar View Post
thanks i have an rw i just wanted to try a smaller spur gear for when i run a 10.5

I run a 76t Hobao spur and pads on my CT02C. I think that it is very good but I had to machine the bore to fit a 5mm i.d. ballrace as it starts off at 6mm bore.
Old 06-05-2014

Default spur

I run the rw 85t spur with a 21t pinion with my 10.5 with a bit of timing and turbo and it is ace as fast as people with lower turn motors
Old 06-05-2014

I run a RW spur gear of 80t with Rcshox slipper pads, a 10.5 with 26 as pinion and a lot of timing and turbo, very manageable in the infield and as fast as the rest on the straight (they are running 7.5 and 8.5). Astroturf in Kampenhout, Belgium.
Old 06-05-2014

Leelar has to run in Blinky mode.

Not sure if motor timing is allowed either.
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusal View Post
I run a RW spur gear of 80t with Rcshox slipper pads, a 10.5 with 26 as pinion and a lot of timing and turbo, very manageable in the infield and as fast as the rest on the straight (they are running 7.5 and 8.5). Astroturf in Kampenhout, Belgium.
With the RCShox slipper we have to set the spring tension tension to minimum and would like slightly less. Do you have the same problem?
Old 07-05-2014
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmerlin View Post
With the RCShox slipper we have to set the spring tension tension to minimum and would like slightly less. Do you have the same problem?
Are you serious? With AE pads in mine I have to have the spring nearly coil bound!

G
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Are you serious? With AE pads in mine I have to have the spring nearly coil bound!

G
Not tried AE however we find that both Team C and Durango pads need a lot of spring tension.
Old 07-05-2014

That is the strange thing about it.
Did you pre compress the slipper spring a few times?
In my TM2, I have one complete turn with the Rcshox pads, in my T4 I have to put no tension at all!
If you have to put too much tension on the slipper pads, try the following. The slipper axle is in my opinion 0,5 mm too long at the side opposite of the slipper nut. When you put the gold washer without the bearing on the axle, you will see that the little pin is not fully engaged against the gold washer. Schorten the axle by 0,5 mm, golden washer and bearing on it, a small 0,5 mm washer and then the screw (otherwise it does not tighten fully) and then you can put a bit more spring tension on.
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusal View Post
That is the strange thing about it.
Did you pre compress the slipper spring a few times?
In my TM2, I have one complete turn with the Rcshox pads, in my T4 I have to put no tension at all!
If you have to put too much tension on the slipper pads, try the following. The slipper axle is in my opinion 0,5 mm too long at the side opposite of the slipper nut. When you put the gold washer without the bearing on the axle, you will see that the little pin is not fully engaged against the gold washer. Schorten the axle by 0,5 mm, golden washer and bearing on it, a small 0,5 mm washer and then the screw (otherwise it does not tighten fully) and then you can put a bit more spring tension on.
Thanks Kusal. I forgot about compressing the spring. Had to do that with our TC02C too
Old 08-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmerlin View Post
Thanks Kusal. I forgot about compressing the spring. Had to do that with our TC02C too

I still prefer my softer spring. It is less sensitive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC02C Slipper.jpg (392.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 15-07-2015

Default Rc shox slipper pads

Hi I no this is a old thread but iv had some trouble with my slipper, iv burnt out 3 spur gears due to slipping to much while on track

I run the rw the the high torque associated pads and I also have to fully load the spring to stop the slipping. I give it just less that half a turn back and its just right,

Are these rcshox pads thicker ? Also did you oder the Durango ones or associated,
And also where can these be purchased.

Absima - Electrics

Last edited by spiboom85; 15-07-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 15-07-2015

I used to burn out the slipper all the time. Turns out my Slipper nut was backing off all the time. Loctited the nut and problem solved
Old 15-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiboom85 View Post
Hi I no this is a old thread but iv had some trouble with my slipper, iv burnt out 3 spur gears due to slipping to much while on track

I run the rw the the high torque associated pads and I also have to fully load the spring to stop the slipping. I give it just less that half a turn back and its just right,

Are these rcshox pads thicker ? Also did you oder the Durango ones or associated,
And also where can these be purchased.
The High torque Associated pads seem to have a lot of slip, I'm running Durango pads in mine which seem a lot better

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC