Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 01-09-2014

Default Racing Resumes at York - 6th Sept

The schools are back (well almost ) so it is time to go racing again. Racing starts this Saturday at Huntington School sports hall. Doors open 1745 and racing starts at 1845. It will be a club night so bring any tenth scale electric r/c car and race it. Newcomers welcome.
Mike
Old 06-09-2014

i will be there but the misses is not coming so might need someone to take her place putting away the track
Old 06-09-2014

Great news.! Will someone give Mossy a nudge from me please.. Lol..( I don't mean it really pete..!!)

Enjoy your night...
Old 06-09-2014

just returned from my first time back racing in over 5 years.thanks to all at the club,all ran smoothly.really pleased with my 2nd place qualifying in 540 class,its just a pity that certain people find it necessary to take you out in order to beat you.all in all I was like a chesire cat.thanks to pete for building a most excellent 210.
Old 07-09-2014

I agree, good meeting. Just shame some people insist on brake checking on every corner, even when you're lapping them for the second time, then whinge when someone taps their rear end.

If you think I took you out on purpose then I think you were watching a different race, as memory serves, I did apologise when it happened, even though you brake checked me. End of the day rubbing is racing, and the Saturn motors don't exactly have good braking performance, so you can't brake check in that class and not expect to get tapped.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Paul. I was cleaning my tyres for the start and honestly didn't see your car behind the cone fella. Really sorry, never a good end to a nights racing when you don't even start your final. Please let me know how much the damage was and I shall reimburse you for the breakage. I know it doesn't make up for not running your final, but its the very least I can do.

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback

Last edited by AC199; 07-09-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2014

it seems you've been watching too many tom cruise films my friend.just because the 'new kid on the block' took the lead in final doesn't give you automatic rights to nail him on a corner.if I can slow down for a corner,can't you?most people don't lke their cars being used as brakes,myself included.if this is the way the club and/or its members welcome possible new members maybe I should go elsewhere?as for gunning itdown straight when a grid order was called.........
Old 07-09-2014

I must thank everyone for a great night last night, perfect return after the summer.

Thanks to the track builders, Mike for getting my transponder sorted, and Rob Marks for selling me a most excellent Lipo for just a fiver!!

Just wish I had one of those Firebolts which are as fast as Harry Potter's broomstick!!
Old 07-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
it seems you've been watching too many tom cruise films my friend.just because the 'new kid on the block' took the lead in final doesn't give you automatic rights to nail him on a corner.if I can slow down for a corner,can't you?most people don't lke their cars being used as brakes,myself included.if this is the way the club and/or its members welcome possible new members maybe I should go elsewhere?as for gunning itdown straight when a grid order was called.........
I dont watch Tom Cruise films, so honestly I have no idea what you're talking about there.

If anyone had brake checked me I would probably have nudged them as well, dont feel special. As I've explained Saturns dont have great braking ability, what do you want me to do? Back 10 metres off just in case you brake and give you a free run to the finish?

I've already explained and apologised to Paul about that, yes I made a mistake and have done the best I can to try and make up for it, unless you magic a time machine from up your arse, its pretty much the best I can do.

The thing I dont get is, you had 20 minutes to speak to me after racing, instead you decide to post on a public forum your grievances with me. Never heard of private messaging? I apologised at the time, so unless you've found that time machine, I think I've done the best I can.

How about you give me a shout next saturday and we can chat about it then instead of arguing like a pair of girls on the internet?

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 07-09-2014

yeah, we will have a chat no worries.could you please explain to me what brake checking is.i hope it doesn't mean intentionally braking so that I get hit?i honestly don't know.
Old 07-09-2014

Thats pretty much what brake checking is. Going into a corner and braking early or harder than you need to so the car behind has to brake harder to avoid a collision or move off line giving the first driver an advantage.

It was a common tactic when I raced motocross in the 90's, and I see it all the time in RC racing, even when people don't think they are doing it.

Trader Feedback

Last edited by AC199; 07-09-2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Ridiculously poor grammar.
Old 07-09-2014

ah I see.maybe you were watching a different final as I was also?most of my corners were taken off power with no brakes as was the first incident.can you explain how the lead car is expected to drive.does he/she not have the right to approach with a defensive manner?i agree we all drive different,but to say I deliberately that way seems a little unfair.my track manners are amongst the best,i always thank marshalls for putting my car back,i don't shout at them,i apologize if rub someone by mistake and I treat other racers with respect.i apologize if I seem a little unfamiliar with the howto/how not race,i have been away for some time.as I am not a brca member I would appreciate if someone could bring along a rulebook so I can read how to drive properly.
Old 07-09-2014

Dude, you've had an apology, what more do you want? If winning means that much to you and you'd rather do it without a fight, if we're fighting for the lead next time out, I'll pull over and hand it to you, that work?

Trader Feedback

Last edited by AC199; 07-09-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2014

im not fussed about winning,i was really chuffed the way my outdated,un weighted version 1 210 went especially seeing the last time I raced I was using an ansmann x-pro with nimhs.there was some excellent close racing in the 540 heats.im not looking for apologies,just not to be judged as a dirty driver.
Old 07-09-2014

I'm not judging you as a dirty driver, using your braking to your advantage is a wise move from time to time, maybe I'm reading it wrong, maybe my car was just faster than yours. Who knows.

Shit happens when racing. Its part of the game.

Trader Feedback
Old 07-09-2014
Legendary dude

All this over 540 racing. Ha how pathetic are you two.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 07-09-2014

Thanks for your input. It added so much to the discussion.

Just because we're not running 5.5's in our car and running nationals that makes our racing worthless does it? Some people like a level playing field, makes the competition more enjoyable.

Trader Feedback
Old 07-09-2014
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
Thanks for your input. It added so much to the discussion.

Just because we're not running 5.5's in our car and running nationals that makes our racing worthless does it? Some people like a level playing field, makes the competition more enjoyable.
Not mocking the class I think 540 class is a brilliant idea. I started out in the class and loved it. What I'm getting at is you and jez having handbags over it. It's a fun class chill the hell out and enjoy the racing.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 07-09-2014

Its a healthy discussion is all. We both have points and we've discussed them. I fail to see how your point brought anything to the table that hadn't already been covered...

The 540 class is brilliant, I agree with you on that, I'm sure we both enjoyed the racing as well, I have no intention of racing any other class for the foreseeable future.

Trader Feedback
Old 07-09-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretts View Post
I must thank everyone for a great night last night, perfect return after the summer.

Thanks to the track builders, Mike for getting my transponder sorted, and Rob Marks for selling me a most excellent Lipo for just a fiver!!

Just wish I had one of those Firebolts which are as fast as Harry Potter's broomstick!!
Those pesky Firebolts! Think I might be doing a few of these if Saturday was anything to go by
Old 08-09-2014

i'm bringing my son with me this Saturday,and like myself is a little shy in front of people he doesn't know.he hasn't raced before so I think if I booked him in he may clam up and get embarrassed/upset.seeing as he doesn't have brca insurance is there any chance he can do a few laps when the heats have finished?just to give him a feel of it.then no doubt the club will have 2 new members.any advice/help appreciated.