Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 22-10-2017

Default Clueless seller...

Sorry for the rant but feeling wound up and writing it down will help me get it off my chest.

Arranged a sale of a car via this forum. Seller has problems uploading pics so asks me to get in touch via text.

Seller asks if I want to buy electrics as well. He sends me links to eBay adverts for the (used) items he has for sale, and photos of the car (note ESC not visible in these pics).

Deal is done and payment made. Items received promptly.

Upon unboxing it is apparent that the ESC is not as described - rather it is an older, less valuable model.

Contact seller to inform this. Seller initially denied any mis-description and refused any followup.

I then raised a dispute on PayPal. Cue much painful discussion by text. Seller (faced with prospect of arbitration) finally and reluctantly agrees a partial refund.

Seller texts me several days later to say that he is unable to refund and I need to contact PayPal to arrange it.

Cue long discussion by text and via PayPal messaging where I guide the seller to the steps required to refund...

Just got a text saying he wants it back and I am "trying my luck". I have lost the will to live.

Thanks for listening, folks.
Old 23-10-2017

Was it 'yokomoyz2'? This guy is a bit of a d*ck.... I had a poor transaction with him where he tried to sell me something brand new. When it arrived it was clearly very used! Someone also warned me about this guy is a bit troublesome at his local club too.

Unfortunately there a lot of strange people out there who dont conduct themselves in an honest polite way. We all need to be more careful.
Old 23-10-2017
Mad Member

If you do send it back make sure you get the money for postage cost before you send it on top o the refund for the full amount you paid initially
Old 23-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by david85williams View Post
Was it 'yokomoyz2'?.
It wasn't, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
If you do send it back make sure you get the money for postage cost before you send it on top o the refund for the full amount you paid initially
We agreed a refund amount. He then contacted me several days later to ask where the refund was and to ask me to sort the refund for him??? Following which he then decided he now wants everything back.

Having wasted a number of hours on this already I am in no mood to be cooperative. He sold me goods that were mis-described, but they now belong to me. We agreed a refund amount and he is now reneging on this.

The sad thing about this is that other than the mis-described ESC the rest of the gear is fine, but emotionally it all feels quite sour for me now. And I genuinely believe he is honest, just clueless.

Really eye-opening sometimes dealing with people.
Old 23-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
I've been reading up on this and if it's between private sellers there appears to be no way to get your postage costs back. So if I return the good I will be out of pocket.
Old 24-10-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenty View Post
I've been reading up on this and if it's between private sellers there appears to be no way to get your postage costs back. So if I return the good I will be out of pocket.
Law wise I doubt you have any case but he's asking for it back so tell him to organise a courier or send you a payment see what e says